PDA

View Full Version : bill sherdian

CoorsLight91
02-17-2012, 09:14 PM
he became defensive coordinator for bucs! lol......

Voldamort
02-17-2012, 09:28 PM
wtf was he the best coach out there?

jjj45
02-17-2012, 09:33 PM
he became defensive coordinator for bucs! lol......
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2499126.aspx (/forums/thread/2499126.aspx)

Giants10Joe
02-17-2012, 09:45 PM
I hope he does well there. Even though I think firing him was the right decision, I never particularly liked that we had to do it after only 1 season. It made me feel like he never got fair chance. I've always thought you need a few years to properly evaluate a coach.

rainierjef
02-17-2012, 09:54 PM
SMFH

not our problem next thread

CDN_G-FAN
02-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Bill was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Hope he does better in TB.

radar-ray
02-17-2012, 10:22 PM

Hope he does better in TB.This!

SackingMyths
02-17-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm all for giving coaches a chance...but not when they seem stubborn and their players clearly don't believe that they know what they're doing.

He had the worst blitzing scheme I've ever seen: Show blitz up the A Gap pre-snap, and then without fail, bring blitz up A Gap. He was clueless.

I won't give him an easy "out." He was awful. Plain-and-simple.

TheEnigma
02-17-2012, 11:08 PM
This announcement just made Sean Payton and Drew Brees very happy.

SackingMyths
02-17-2012, 11:09 PM

Our defensive players were always in the wrong place at the wrong time under his "tutelage."

Have fun with that Tampa Bay...

YATittle1962
02-18-2012, 12:29 AM
god for Bill

I hope he fares better than he did here

CDN_G-FAN
02-18-2012, 12:30 AM

Our defensive players were always in the wrong place at the wrong time under his "tutelage."

lots of coaches have sucked in their first assignment.

this isn't to say that bill sheridan is the next bill belichek, but it is to say that the book isn't written on this guy yet, and it seems this is the 2nd head coach that thinks he deserves a shot.

smaller market team, much smaller personalities on defense. we'll see if this is a better fit for him.

SackingMyths
02-18-2012, 12:51 AM

this isn't to say that bill sheridan is the next bill belichek, but it is to say that the book isn't written on this guy yet, and it seems this is the 2nd head coach that thinks he deserves a shot.

smaller market team, much smaller personalities on defense. we'll see if this is a better fit for him.

Well, we have a home game against them next season. One that I will not be the slightest bit worried about [:|]

SackingMyths
02-18-2012, 12:52 AM

Overdrive92
02-18-2012, 01:53 AM
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! WE GET TO PLAY A BILL SHERIDAN DEFENSE NEXT SEASON!!! YES!!! Eli and Gilbride are licking their chops already!

No, but honestly. I was over at a Bucs fanpage, and they honestly love the hire. I don't know why. He was terrible here.

NYGRealityCheck
02-18-2012, 01:58 AM
Well... Sheridan did shut out the Bucs at Tampa Bay in his one year as Giant's DC.

Maybe that's what they went on? Saints might set a scoring record twice next season.

T-Murda84
02-18-2012, 02:29 AM
I bet Sheridan is happy that he doesnt have Reese as GM anymore. How do u expect his schemes to work when CC Brown and Michael Johnson are your starting safeties. Danny Clark playing Outside Linebacker, a rookie in Goff...we looked like misfits thanks to Reese....

Sheridan isnt as bad as yall think. Fewell took alot of heat too, but it took a full 2 years and a Superbowl for every1 to hop on his bandwagon.

NYGRealityCheck
02-18-2012, 02:37 AM
I bet Sheridan is happy that he doesnt have Reese as GM anymore. How do u expect his schemes to work when CC Brown and Michael Johnson are your starting safeties. Danny Clark playing Outside Linebacker, a rookie in Goff...we looked like misfits thanks to Reese....

Sheridan isnt as bad as yall think. Fewell took alot of heat too, but it took a full 2 years and a Superbowl for every1 to hop on his bandwagon.

I don't think the Buccaneers have good defenders for him either. lol
He'll have to prove himself against the Saints, Panthers, and Falcons x2 a year. A daunting task to say the least for a DC.

Maybe the Bucs are just trying anything out after being Win-doormats for other teams recently.

giantsfan420
02-18-2012, 02:44 AM
he became defensive coordinator for bucs! lol......*
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2499126.aspx (/forums/thread/2499126.aspx)

thats the best sig on this MB. u could tell from that pic just how much the other guy appreciates the other.

you think cruz doesnt feel like he owes eli for all the success he has had? and same for eli?

tikiandphil
02-18-2012, 02:53 AM
This announcement just made Sean Payton and Drew Brees very happy.

I hope we play them soon and often

Diamondring
02-18-2012, 12:44 PM

Sheridan isnt as bad as yall think. Fewell took alot of heat too, but it took a full 2 years and a Superbowl for every1 to hop on his bandwagon.That's right. Sheridan also had to face a lot of good offenses in the second half of the 09 Season. We also had key injuries as well to important players.

Roosevelt
02-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I hope he does well there. Even though I think firing him was the right decision, I never particularly liked that we had to do it after only 1 season. It made me feel like he never got fair chance. I've always thought you need a few years to properly evaluate a coach.

Bill wanted to coach from upstairs while Tom wanted him on the field. Many people will tell you the worst place to watch a game is from the sideline. If they are smart, they'll let him coach where he feels most comfortable.