PDA

View Full Version : COWBOYS' DE JASON HATCHER: WE NEED A LEADER

RoanokeFan
02-18-2012, 02:22 PM
COWBOYS' DE JASON HATCHER: WE NEED A LEADER (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/17/cowboys-jason-hatcher-we-need-a-team-leader/related/)

"What separates the Cowboys from the NFL’s elite teams? One player on the
roster thinks it’s leadership.

Dallas defensive end Jason Hatcher (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3726/jason-hatcher)
said in an interview with Deion Sanders on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM that he isn’t
sure who the leader in the locker room is.</p>

“Dude, I’ve got to be honest with you: That’s a good question,” Hatcher said,
via the Star Telegram. “I really don’t know. <a href="http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/02/hatcher-we-dont-have-a-ray-lewis-type-leader.html#storylink=cpy">It’s
just another thing we really need. . . . We don’t have that</a>. We’ve got the
talent. We’ve got everything we need [except] a Ray Lewis (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2246/ray-lewis). When
Ray Lewis speaks, everybody listens to him. A guy like that, we really don’t got
that. I think we definitely need somebody like that.”</p>

Hatcher, who has spent his entire six-year career with the Cowboys, said he
believes there’s a lot to like about the future of the franchise. Just as soon
as someone steps up and starts leading the team.</p>

“So once you have that, you’ll be good,” Hatcher said. “We’re still looking
for it.”</p>

bLuereverie
02-18-2012, 02:45 PM
If he's audacious enough to complain out to the media,why not just take the initiative to audibly voice out his gripes in the locker room. Sorta throwing Ware under the bus there.

GiantSteve1x
02-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Personally...I kinda like the amount of leadership the cowgirls have right now! </P>

Jerrah....don't change a thing!</P>

NYCDBS
02-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Leadership??? You kidding me that's overrated... The Cowboys are Americas team. They are the most "Talented" team in football and are favorites to win the Superbowl next year... Sound familiar??? Hahahahaha

Voldamort
02-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Personally...I kinda like the amount of leadership the cowgirls have right now! </P>

Jerrah....don't change a thing!</P> really could care less about the cowboy's,just keep winning Giants Back to Back!

Toadofsteel
02-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Everyone is going to be complaining about leadership and team cohesion this offseason. Especially after the Giants proved that a team that doesn't have a bunch of its starters for a large part of the season and went 9-7 barely edging into the playoffs can win the SB. The team pulled through based on its leadership. The coaches, Eli, Blackburn, and Tuck were all leaders on the field. And once again, we proved that superior teamwork and leadership can beat superior individual talent.

Voldamort
02-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Leadership??? You kidding me that's overrated... The Cowboys are Americas team. They are the most "Talented" team in football and are favorites to win the Superbowl next year... Sound familiar??? Hahahahaha the eagles and the cowboy's will go 15-1 a piece,they will play in the championship 7 overtimes 2-0 on a safety by Tony Romo.

BigBlueFanNJ
02-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Well I guess that rules out Jason Hatcher!!! lol

Giants10Joe
02-18-2012, 05:44 PM
The Cowboys have a leader: Jerry Jones. I guess his leadership isn't working out though. Maybe he would earn the players' respect if he put on some pads.

RoanokeFan
02-18-2012, 05:56 PM
If he's audacious enough to complain out to the media,why not just take the initiative to audibly voice out his gripes in the locker room. Sorta throwing Ware under the bus there.

By way of comparison, do you remember Antrel Rolle being soundly criticized when he did exactly that? Not everyone wants to put their money where their m outh is.

RoanokeFan
02-18-2012, 06:07 PM
The Cowboys have a leader: Jerry Jones. I guess his leadership isn't working out though. Maybe he would earn the players' respect if he put on some pads.

He would be well served to hire a true GM.

bLuereverie
02-18-2012, 06:11 PM

By way of comparison, do you remember Antrel Rolle being soundly criticized when he did exactly that?* Not everyone wants to put their money where their m outh is.

Rolle called teammates out midseason after struggling, knowing very well the guys on roster were capable of winning in the coming weeks.

Thatcher does so long after lockers are cleared, sounding as if Dallas players never had it at all.

Redeyejedi
02-18-2012, 06:42 PM

They want win anything until he stops meddling.

Dorothy
02-18-2012, 07:14 PM

I agree. As long as they have Tonny as qb, Jerry as GM and lack leadership, we Giant fans should be very happy. Don't think they are going anywhere with that combo. Thanks Ger.

Dorothy
02-18-2012, 07:15 PM

I agree. As long as they have Tony as qb, Jerry as GM and lack leadership, we Giant fans should be very happy. Don't think they are going anywhere with that combo. Thanks Ger.

Dorothy

I agree. As long as they have Tony as qb, Jerry as GM and lack leadership, we Giant fans should be very happy. Don't think they are going anywhere with that combo. Thanks Ger.

Dorothy

Giants10Joe
02-18-2012, 08:45 PM

They want win anything until he stops meddling.

Both true. Which is why, I'm very happy that Jerry is the Cowboys GM.