Cruz

Bradshaw

P_Simms_#11
02-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Weatherford?

jjj45
02-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Weatherford?
I'm thinking the immediate, impact players that we wouldn't have gone to the SB without. There are many other players that helped a lot, but these are the guys that this SB just wouldnt be possible without.

Not trying to discount Weatherford, but put another punter in there and chances are we still do okay. Punters aren't exactly as much impact players like QB's, WR's etc. I hope you understand what I mean here.

Antwuan
02-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Hakeem Nicks?

NYgiants141
02-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Chase Blackburn.

coachjdc
02-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Team game and all of that, but none of this happens without Elisha Nelson Manning. Lacking the usual ground game, breaking in a new rotation of receivers, a couple completions short of 5,000 yards, all those 4th quarter TD passes & game-winning drives. He had a League-MVP caliber year so it would follow that he's the Giant's MVP.

P_Simms_#11
02-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Weatherford?
I'm thinking the immediate, impact players that we wouldn't have gone to the SB without. There are many other players that helped a lot, but these are the guys that this SB just wouldnt be possible without.

Not trying to discount Weatherford, but put another punter in there and chances are we still do okay. Punters aren't exactly as much impact players like QB's, WR's etc. I hope you understand what I mean here.

I get what you are saying, I realize he isn't up there with the players you mentioned, but would another punter would have pinned NE back the way Weatherford did in the SB?

Would another holder have handled the bad snap as well as Weatherford did in SF?

We will never know, and I'm glad we didn't have to find out.

jjj45
02-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Team game and all of that, but none of this happens without Elisha Nelson Manning. Lacking the usual ground game, breaking in a new rotation of receivers, a couple completions short of 5,000 yards, all those 4th quarter TD passes & game-winning drives. He had a League-MVP caliber year so it would follow that he's the Giant's MVP.Yeah, overall I agree.

But if we were to list the players who were key to this year, Im talking bare bones picks here who would you guys pick?

<u>
</u>imo:
<u>
Eli</u> because without him we win five games this year. He was absolutely brilliant this year.

<u>JPP</u> because if he
doesn't block that kick and show overall beastliness we probably don't make the Playoffs.

<u>Cruz</u>
because without his incredible play this year and the 99 yarder against the Jets
doesn't start our run.

<u>Bradshaw</u> because he is the heart and soul of this
offense. We are a totally different team without him. Look at all our
bad losses, Bradshaw was usually injured for them and didnt play.

Take away any of these players and the season isn't even close.

jhamburg
02-19-2012, 03:20 AM
Without JPP we would have finished 3rd in the NFCE.

Without Cruz we would have finished 3rd in the NFCE.

Without Eli we would have finished 4th.

Flip Empty
02-19-2012, 05:45 AM
Not trying to discount Weatherford, but put another punter in there and chances are we still do okay.
Are you sure?
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg338/scaled.php?server=338&filename=mc1204s4giants.jpg&res=medium

nygfanmaybe
02-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Good thread.

There is the obvious. No need to even say his name.

Then there are the not so obvious. Cruz, Nicks, JPP, Tuck, ...hell, the rest of them...and then there's Blackburn.

I'm not saying he is the MVP, I'm just saying that this team's defense improved tremendously the minute they came to their senses and brought him back. I don't know why they ever let him walk...does someone out there know? I always thought he was making plays when he did get a chance to play...I even seem to remember him being big on ST's. Am I dreaming all that?

Anyway, I still haven't picked my MVP, because I truly think Tuck got it right when he said they should split the trophy 53 ways. This miraculous 2nd playoff run required all players contributing. So...although it is totally meaningless...at least one person is doing the right thing. I give the trophy to the team and to be displayed in their trophy box. If a player wants to remove it and take it home to show his friends or family, he can do so. I trust him to bring it back.

Whoda ever thunk they would repeat the magic of '07. I feel truly blessed to have had this happen in my life...twice.

jjj45
02-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Not trying to discount Weatherford, but put another punter in there and chances are we still do okay.
Are you sure?
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg338/scaled.php?server=338&amp;filename=mc1204s4giants.jpg&amp; res=mediumtouche. Anyone but dodge?

Firenugget
02-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Weatherford?

I disagree. Besides all the other games that he did so well that Punter never became a topic of discussion, we don't beat SF without Weatherford.

Flip Empty
02-19-2012, 08:21 AM
For the Super Bowl, I'd have Weatherford in my top 5 for MVP, but for the entire season, it's really hard to look past the obvious - Eli, Eli, Cruz, Bradshaw, JPP and Eli.

Weatherford was easily the FA acquisition of the year.

Toadofsteel
02-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Are you sure?
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg338/scaled.php?server=338&filename=mc1204s4giants.jpg&res=mediumtouche. Anyone but dodge?

That's the one silver lining from the djax game in 2010... we got weatherford out of the deal...

Dabluguy
02-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Eli. We wouldn't even been sniffing the playoffs with out him.

Eli2Nicks612
02-19-2012, 09:15 AM
I really think Nicks is one of our MVP's. He was taking double teams most of the year which allowed Cruz to emerge as such a threat, and he produced when Cruz was the one taking the double teams.

Boley should be another MVP. We all saw how poorly the defense played when he was injured, and how much better they were when he returned.