PDA

View Full Version : [End of Season Thanks] to all those that make it fun to come here

scoopscj
02-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I've been a long time fan, (35 years) and have lurked for many years on the Giants' boards but
finally signed up after 2007 because I just wanted to celebrate with the other fans and
I was so excited again to talk football. Over the years I've come
to appreciate some of the posters here, I'm sure I'll wind up leaving out some of you
and for that I'm sorry, but I'd like to do an end of year thanks
to those that make it very enjoyable for me to come here. In no particular order.....

First, To RonoakeFan. Your articles and posts are always worth reading. You spend time finding good articles finding good videos, and enaabling us fans to really dive right into our team. Thank you for that.

Zimonani - Your knowledge and level headiness are always welcome on the boards

YATittle1962 - Experience, good mods, and the still epic "Did you Know Thread" makes coming to the boards worthwhile

Sec105 - Giant History Buff and longtime fan.

NY06 - 12k posts and still going. Wow

Harooni - Your threads always make me laugh.

CTladyBlue - Great poster, intelligent, fun, and always "ALL IN"

Jomo - Good poster, positive and worth reading

DragonSoul - Another good poster, providing links and good energy to the boards.

MattMeyerBud - Great mod, always has good things to day, and when he doesn't I listen.

Snappinnecks - Great job posting the highlights!

BritishBlue - Great to have a fan overseas!

sharick88, SweetZombieJesus both good posters

FBomb - I don't always agree with some of your posts but I do enjoy them. Nobody can question
your love of the Giants.

Also Props to some of our "Other Team's Fans" who
constantly show up and provide good banter without being a troll.

Casvdry, Cowboys Fan From Asia, NTGrese come to mind.

So I still check the boards daily looking for scraps of news, enjoying the victory our team
earned and await the upcoming season. It's posters like you, and the ones that can add
intelligent, meaningful, well thought out conversations that make coming
to the Giants' message board fun. Thanks to all of you.

Scoops...out.

Pakman
02-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Props to all of those posters

But to you scoops...I see how it is

Lol

SweetZombieJesus
02-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Scoops, I always enjoy your posts. Rest assured you gave as good as anybody.

(My story is the same as yours, I used to post very sparingly at BBWC and only lurked here; I'd maybe check a few days before game time to see what was brewing. Then after the 2007 season I just got so excited and had to talk ad infinitum and waste several thousand hours of my life [;)])

See you on the other side.

IamGiantsfan
02-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Props to southern for making the Giants board
&
Props to everyone one it who made it fun including (but not limited to) JJJ, Rudy, Slunk, Demanded, etc

DragonSoul
02-19-2012, 05:39 PM
I've been a long time fan, (35 years) and have lurked for many years on the Giants' boards but
finally signed up after 2007 because I just wanted to celebrate with the other fans and
I was so excited again to talk football.* Over the years I've come
to appreciate some of the posters here, I'm sure I'll wind up leaving out some of you
to those that make it very enjoyable for me to come here.* In no particular order.....

First, To RonoakeFan.* Your articles and posts are always worth reading. You spend time finding good articles finding good videos, and enaabling us fans to really dive right into our team.* Thank you for that.

Zimonani* - Your knowledge and level headiness are always welcome on the boards

YATittle1962 - Experience, good mods, and the still epic "Did you Know Thread" makes coming to the boards worthwhile

NY06 - 12k posts and still going.* Wow

DragonSoul - Another good poster, providing links and good energy to the boards.

MattMeyerBud - Great mod, always has good things to day, and when he doesn't I listen.

FBomb - I don't always agree with some of your posts but I do enjoy them. Nobody can question
your love of the Giants.

So I still check the boards daily looking for scraps of news, enjoying the victory our team
earned and await the upcoming season.* It's posters like you, and the ones that can add
to the Giants' message board fun.* Thanks to all of you.

Scoops...out.

Thanks scoops. I feel you are one of the good ones as well.
I am like the Giants. I also have an off season. Except my offseason is not posting as much, and instead it becomes more of a lurking lol.

JJC7301
02-19-2012, 11:48 PM
to those that make it very enjoyable for me to come here.* In no particular order.....

First, To RonoakeFan.* Your articles and posts are always worth reading. You spend time finding good articles finding good videos, and enaabling us fans to really dive right into our team.* Thank you for that.

your love of the Giants.

earned and await the upcoming season.* It's posters like you, and the ones that can add

Scoops...out.

+1. Great thread topic. Thanks to everyone for making it so enjoyable to have a place to go and discuss the team that we love in the greatest sport in the world.

JJC7301
02-19-2012, 11:50 PM

your love of the Giants.

Scoops...out.

I am like the Giants. I also have an off season. Except my offseason is not posting as much, and instead it becomes more of a lurking lol.
Too funny. I was just thinking (before I came across this thread) that I haven't noticed DS on the boards much recently (as well as others). I've taken a break myself since the SB.

DragonSoul
02-20-2012, 12:13 AM

your love of the Giants.

Scoops...out.

Too funny. I was just thinking (before I came across this thread) that I haven't noticed DS on the boards much recently (as well as others). I've taken a break myself since the SB.I typically did that yearly. Initially it started because I had enough of the trolls during the regular season but during the offseason I wasn't gonna deal with that BS (some of our own GMB Trolls mind you).

So I would visit maybe once a day or even up to once a week too see how things were going and if there were any updated info coming through here.

It has gotten better the last couple years so now I visit a bit more, and try to catch up on the happenings as well as the articles. I will also post articles I may still come across so I can share it with the other Giant faithful.

I may not post as much or create as many threads (as some may prefer it that way) but I still lurk around. I still try to catch threads from the members In here that I find bring things to the table whether i may or may not agree with at times.

YATittle1962
02-20-2012, 02:51 AM
scoops, always a gentlemen

thanks for the kind words

and right back at you brother

your training camp coverage is always something that stands out to me

even when I was in Albany at the same time you were I would check your updates because they were that good

BurnerNYG
02-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Respectable list but I personally can't single out posters like that. There's a lot of guys on this board that I enjoy following that puts in a lot of work or gives me a few laughs. Draft information is great, entertainment news and knowing other sports is key so I would probably end up forgetting about a few of my favorite posters. As a matter of fact, everybody's my favorite poster... as long as they're cool and wearing blue, they're alright with me.

jomo
02-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks Scoops for being a big part of the collective "we" that makes this place so enjoyable to visit. Everyone needs to follow their off season regimen (whatever that is) and start building toward a defense of our championship. Next up free agency! Go Blue!

tonyt830
02-20-2012, 07:55 AM

your love of the Giants.

Scoops...out.

scoops, you're ok in my books, especially being from central Jersey, my old stomping grounds! You have some informative and good posts as well sir!

RoanokeFan
02-20-2012, 08:03 AM
to those that make it very enjoyable for me to come here. In no particular order.....

First, To RonoakeFan. Your articles and posts are always worth reading. You spend time finding good articles finding good videos, and enaabling us fans to really dive right into our team. Thank you for that.

your love of the Giants.

earned and await the upcoming season. It's posters like you, and the ones that can add

Scoops...out.

This is one of those threads that makes it worth coming here. We agree or disagree on topics important to us, but the underlying sense of "family" or "common purpose" that drives us to come here in the first place is what makes us fans of the greatest franchise in the NFL.

Everyone who contributes is a piece of the puzzle.

swimeasy
02-20-2012, 08:31 AM

your love of the Giants.

Scoops...out.

Well said. Adding in my thanks here as well. Always can count on some great info, discussions and laughs.

Props to you as well Scoops for also going above and beyond to make a dvd of the SB for a kindred Giant fan on a mission in Afghanistan taking "All In" well beyond the playing field. Tip of the hat to you sir.

Diamondring
02-20-2012, 09:01 AM
I hope you're not leaving us because there are still things to talk about.

zimonami
02-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Thank you, scoops... a nice list of solid posters... and right back at you because you also make this place worthwhile. There are many others whose posts I enjoy, in addition to the guys ay AGFHC... Bandwagon, Bansaw, mjg, AG (finally, the coach is back). I wish more people would add questions to DYK... it's always fun to see Giant questions... old and new... especially now when Giant news is at a minimum.