PDA

View Full Version : Who gets cut/released for 2012?

GGTM_1977
02-19-2012, 04:41 PM
I know this is not the most popular part of the business to think about....especially since we just won a SB, BUT it is what it is. Here goes my list:

Paysinger
Barden (HE HAS DONE NOTHING)
Ware (NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL)
Beckum (ALSO DONE NOTHING)
Jacobs (even with restructure....doesn't he want to start?)
Sintim (NOT FLASHED AT ALL)
Cordle ( do we really need this guy? We have Baas to start, and Boothe can play C)

rebelfan1966
02-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I know this is not the most popular part of the business to think about....especially since we just won a SB, BUT it is what it is. Here goes my list:

Paysinger
Cordle ( do we really need this guy? We have Baas to start, and Boothe can play C)

I don't see us cutting Ware..... B.J. is about a 50/50 proposition that we retain him....other than that, I agree with your list.

ebick
02-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Barden may depend on what happens with Manningham. After that, he wouldn't be an immediate cut, but he'd certainly be fighting for a job.</P>

Beckum.....with the injury to Ballard (and him)....we'll see.</P>

GGTM_1977
02-19-2012, 04:57 PM

Paysinger

I don't see us cutting Ware..... B.J. is about a 50/50 proposition that we retain him....other than that, I agree with your list.

Ok...why not Ware? What does he really bring to the table that BJ and AB don't? We can draft another RB with Ware's skillset, they might even be more exposive and have more dimensions to their game.....

Toadofsteel
02-19-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd say that (unfortunately), MM gets released too. We just can't afford him, and he can get #2 wideout money on most teams, even star dollars on some. JJ and Hixon will be battling for the #3 spot since we can't really afford any FA. Itll either be Nicks/Cruz outside with Hixon in the slot, or Nicks/Jernigan on the outside, slot Cruz. And, to be honest, I could see them switching up the formations there from play to play to keep things interesting.

Jacobs will probably agree to restructure and back up Bradshaw. Yeah he'd like to start, but what team is going to take him as a starting RB? Kansas City?

I also think Ross is going to be cut. He's done a lot for us, but we have a glut at corners right now and he's being paid so much money that it would almost be cheaper to franchise him than continue to pay what we have been paying. I'm looking at Webby and Prince as starting CB, and T2 as our nickel (switch T2 and Prince if the former heals to the level he used to be and Prince doesn't improve as he is expected to do with a full OTA)

GMENAGAIN
02-19-2012, 05:09 PM
I'd say that (unfortunately), <FONT size=4>MM gets released too</FONT>. We just can't afford him, and he can get #2 wideout money on most teams, even star dollars on some. JJ and Hixon will be battling for the #3 spot since we can't really afford any FA. Itll either be Nicks/Cruz outside with Hixon in the slot, or Nicks/Jernigan on the outside, slot Cruz. And, to be honest, I could see them switching up the formations there from play to play to keep things interesting. Jacobs will probably agree to restructure and back up Bradshaw. Yeah he'd like to start, but what team is going to take him as a starting RB? Kansas City? <FONT size=4>I also think Ross is going to be cut</FONT>. He's done a lot for us, but we have a glut at corners right now and he's being paid so much money that it would almost be cheaper to franchise him than continue to pay what we have been paying. I'm looking at Webby and Prince as starting CB, and T2 as our nickel (switch T2 and Prince if the former heals to the level he used to be and Prince doesn't improve as he is expected to do with a full OTA)</P>

Can't releaseguys that you don't have under contract . . . . .</P>

Toadofsteel
02-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Released, not renewed, whatever. The point is we dont have cap money to afford these guys, FA or no, unless they renegotiate to something ridiculously low for their position and abilities.

Firenugget
02-19-2012, 08:37 PM

Paysinger

Why do you think they're cutting Paysinger? He's signed to pretty much bare minimum until 2014. Also don't discount the fact that these rookies had no offseason program. They signed him for a reason, I don't think they'll just give up after one year on him.

Ware did pretty well actually. None of our backs rushed well so I have to call that on the Oline. Ware also had 27 receptions, not to mention a couple 2 point conversions. He'll be back.

slipknottin
02-19-2012, 09:49 PM
You listed a bunch of players that are under contract at or near the vet minimum. Making it extremely unlikely any of them will be released.

rebelfan1966
02-20-2012, 12:35 AM

Paysinger

Ok...why not Ware? What does he really bring to the table that BJ and AB don't? We can draft another RB with Ware's skillset, they might even be more exposive and have more dimensions to their game.....

It just seems to me that they have been grooming Ware to play a bigger role in the future.....

dave56dj
02-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Ware didn't flash anything special - it's that he knew the playobook - picked up blitzes and became the third down back for little money. If Scott learns the system better that will be his next move up the depth chart - if not it's Ware's job.

Paysinger flashed well in pre-season - looked fine on st's and I would think is a part of the future at LB.

If MM goes and he probably will as we cant pay him #2 money with cruz and nicks coming up soon I cant see why they'd cut barden.

Jacobs is gonna have to re-negotiate - just cant pay a 2nd guy 6 mill. Rolle's contract is to big as is canty's be nice to get re-negotiations there too.

Beckum probably starts on pup list can't see a flat out cut.

Out of Exile
02-20-2012, 01:14 AM

Paysinger

??? You make no sense. Why waste a draft pick on a RB when Ware doens't even get paid a whole lot? He's a 3rd down back and you're gonna cut him and draft another RB to replace him? Nice job, GM.

Joe Morrison
02-20-2012, 01:22 AM
I know this is not the most popular part of the business to think about....especially since we just won a SB, BUT it is what it is. Here goes my list: Paysinger Barden (HE HAS DONE NOTHING) Ware (NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL) Beckum (ALSO DONE NOTHING) Jacobs (even with restructure....doesn't he want to start?) Sintim (NOT FLASHED AT ALL) Cordle ( do we really need this guy? We have Baas to start, and Boothe can play C) I don't see us cutting Ware..... B.J. is about a 50/50 proposition that we retain him....other than that, I agree with your list. Ok...why not Ware? What does he really bring to the table that BJ and AB don't? We can draft another RB with Ware's skillset, they might even be more exposive and have more dimensions to their game..... ??? You make no sense. Why waste a draft pick on a RB when Ware doens't even get paid a whole lot? He's a 3rd down back and you're gonna cut him and draft another RB to replace him? Nice job, GM.</P>

Don't know whats' up with Scott, maybe didn't have it all down yet but he certainly has the skills, if they feel he is good to go next year maybe they cut bait on Ware and pick up RB in later rounds.</P>

BJ will stay, after this year and getting another ring he understands what works.</P>

thomsoad
02-20-2012, 10:44 AM
I know this is not the most popular part of the business to think about....especially since we just won a SB, BUT it is what it is. Here goes my list: Paysinger Barden (HE HAS DONE NOTHING) Ware (NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL) Beckum (ALSO DONE NOTHING) Jacobs (even with restructure....doesn't he want to start?) Sintim (NOT FLASHED AT ALL) Cordle ( do we really need this guy? We have Baas to start, and Boothe can play C) I don't see us cutting Ware..... B.J. is about a 50/50 proposition that we retain him....other than that, I agree with your list. Ok...why not Ware? What does he really bring to the table that BJ and AB don't? We can draft another RB with Ware's skillset, they might even be more exposive and have more dimensions to their game..... ??? You make no sense. Why waste a draft pick on a RB when Ware doens't even get paid a whole lot? He's a 3rd down back and you're gonna cut him and draft another RB to replace him? Nice job, GM.</P>

Don't know whats' up with Scott, maybe didn't have it all down yet but he certainly has the skills, if they feel he is good to go next year maybe they cut bait on Ware and pick up RB in later rounds.</P>

BJ will stay, after this year and getting another ring he understands what works.</P>

I dont see BJ staying. I think BJ gets cut and Hynoski takes the role as power back for half the price.

NorwoodBlue
02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Seriously, when is the last time the Giants let a fullback run the ball? I think he could do it; but it's not in Gilbride's play book, I'd be shocked to ever see it happen.

thomsoad
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Seriously, when is the last time the Giants let* a fullback run the ball?* I think he could do it; but it's not in Gilbride's play book, I'd be shocked to ever see it happen.

Which is a shame. The guy is a freaking beast. As I said... why are we keeping BJ for a role Hynoski could do for a lot less money? Plus i cant see Hynoski being any worse at short yardage situations.

Captain Chaos
02-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Exactly, I would be looking at which free agents they can afford next year.

Toadofsteel
02-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Seriously, when is the last time the Giants let* a fullback run the ball?* I think he could do it; but it's not in Gilbride's play book, I'd be shocked to ever see it happen.

Which is a shame. The guy is a freaking beast. As I said... why are we keeping BJ for a role Hynoski could do for a lot less money? Plus i cant see Hynoski being any worse at short yardage situations.

Hynoski is more of an H-back (FB/TE combo). I could see the Giants moving him to a more TE position at least while ballard and beckum are down for the count. We know he can catch short passes and break tackles, not to mention block like a boss. (heheh... "boss")

I can see BJ restructuring... he's not going to get any offers (let alone a starting position) from any other team. His only options really are to restructure or retire.

G-Men Surg.
02-20-2012, 12:13 PM
You listed a bunch of players that are under contract at or near the vet minimum. Making it extremely unlikely any of them will be released.
This .

Joe Morrison
02-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Seriously, when is the last time the Giants let a fullback run the ball? I think he could do it; but it's not in Gilbride's play book, I'd be shocked to ever see it happen.
Which is a shame. The guy is a freaking beast. As I said... why are we keeping BJ for a role Hynoski could do for a lot less money? Plus i cant see Hynoski being any worse at short yardage situations. Hynoski is more of an H-back (FB/TE combo). I could see the Giants moving him to a more TE position at least while ballard and beckum are down for the count. We know he can catch short passes and break tackles, not to mention block like a boss. (heheh... "boss") I can see BJ restructuring... he's not going to get any offers (let alone a starting position) from any other team. His only options really are to restructure or retire.</P>

Jacobs took a pay cut last year to make room for Bradshaw, he will stay, Hynoski will remain at Fullback and hopefully they can get some O-Lineman to get a little push next year.</P>

thomsoad
02-20-2012, 12:42 PM

Hynoski is more of an H-back (FB/TE combo). I could see the Giants moving him to a more TE position at least while ballard and beckum are down for the count. We know he can catch short passes and break tackles, not to mention block like a boss. (heheh... "boss")

Hynoski is listed at 6'1... thats just too short to be a TE but he is also listed at around 265 which is Jacobs weight range. I just dont see why we cant use him to pound the rock... I seem to remember Alstot was pretty freakin good at it.

Why keep a veteran RB who frankly hasnt shown much the last couple years when we have people capable of filling his role ... a role he hasnt been good at lately.