PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Redskins' Sean Taylor, 24, Dead After Shooting

NY-Killer
11-27-2007, 06:05 AM
A very sad day for all football fans.
RIP Sean!!!

http://cbs5.com/national/Sean.Taylor.shot.2.596424.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313041,00.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/27/AR2007112700538.html?nav=rss_email/components

jgugs
11-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Sad day for all football fans...</P>

He was a great saftey...</P>

Most important he was a father, a brother and a friend to many</P>

FishinTheSalt
11-27-2007, 06:32 AM
We need more guns on the street. Talk about sensless.</P>

M.D
11-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Terrible news.

B.JACOBS27
11-27-2007, 06:51 AM
RIP Sean Taylor

I really liked the guy, even though he was a redskin.

bigjeep
11-27-2007, 07:01 AM
What I would like to know is how these players get envolved with guns in the first place. There is going to bea story with this shooting, and my guess its not going to put him in a good light or the freinds he keeps. Just a hunch on my part.

blue in paris
11-27-2007, 07:08 AM
I went over to extremeskins.com to see what it's like over there...&amp; Boy O' Boy....The Giants MB ratedby all THEIR accounts we arethe LOWEST of the LOW Scumbags by some of our posters. They had a few comments about what Philthy was sayin' but we beat them out by a long shot (or so it seems) The Cowpukes they say were the best of the lot!!! (I expect that though from all the druggies &amp; criminals that came from that Org...they're obviously a little more tolerant)</P>

Comments like "what do you expect from NY..." </P>

Not that I reallycare what other fans think of us, but after reading some of the posts here on ST, I knew we were in for a bashing... </P>

</P>

Let's show a little respect for a dead 24 year old kid... regardless of his prior history...</P>

</P>

</P>

RIP Sean!!! Here's hoping St Peter lets him IN...[B]</P>

BigBlueAddict
11-27-2007, 07:11 AM
This is terrible news!!!</P>

RIP.</P>

</P>

bigjeep
11-27-2007, 07:16 AM
"Let's show a little respect for a dead 24 year old kid... regardless of his prior history..."</P>

</P>

Agreed! But there is a history that needs to be adressed to prevent this needless slaughter.</P>

</P>

</P>
<P class=ap-story-p>An All-American at the University of Miami, Taylor was drafted by the Redskins with the fifth overall selection in 2004. Coach Joe Gibbs called it "one of the most researched things" he's ever done, but the problems soon began. Taylor fired his agent, then skipped part of the NFL's mandatory rookie symposium, drawing a $25,000 fine. Driving home late from a party during the season, he was pulled over and charged with drunken driving. The case was dismissed in court, but by then it had become a months-long distraction for the team.</P>
<P class=ap-story-p>Taylor also was fined at least seven times for late hits, uniform violations and other infractions over his first three seasons, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a playoff game in January 2006.</P>
<P class=ap-story-p>Meanwhile, Taylor endured a yearlong legal battle after he was accused in 2005 of brandishing a gun at a man during a fight over allegedly stolen all-terrain vehicles near Taylor's home. He eventually pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors and was sentenced to 18 months' probation.</P>

fletch842
11-27-2007, 07:21 AM
This is a really tragic situation for a marvelous young player who seemed to be maturing and emerging as a true leader of his team. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

jintsrule
11-27-2007, 07:22 AM
I heard about this on the news this morning before I left my car. I was shocked and saddened by the news. They said the shooting was deliberate, so I wonder what the whole story is?

killerblue8787
11-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Its a very sad situation you people who are bashing him at a time like this should be ashamed of yourslefs. W/e hes done in the past is just that the past. Man changed his life around and all he was doing when he was killed was protecting his family how can you not give respect and honor to a man who does that espically in a day and age where people run away from that stuff all the time. I hope the gunman is brought to justice. I give my prayers out to Seans family friends the redskin orgization and the NFL and i hope Sean is Resting in Peace up in Heaven.

Ray Finkle
11-27-2007, 07:24 AM
RIP. I hope justice prevails.

GORGOROTH
11-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Its a very sad situation you people who are bashing him at a time like this should be ashamed of yourslefs. W/e hes done in the past is just that the past. Man changed his life around and all he was doing when he was killed was protecting his family how can you not give respect and honor to a man who does that espically in a day and age where people run away from that stuff all the time. I hope the gunman is brought to justice. I give my prayers out to Seans family friends the redskin orgization and the NFL and i hope Sean is Resting in Peace up in Heaven.No one bashed him, I just think someone made a fake thread claiming he died yesterday. There's people like me with sense who are speaking the truth, and then there's weird people who all of the sudden claim he was a scholar and an outstanding man just because he died. Sorry, it's unfortunate and sad that he died (no one deserves to die for the most part), but it doesn't erase what he did in the past or recently.

GORGOROTH
11-27-2007, 07:28 AM
I heard about this on the news this morning before I left my car. I was shocked and saddened by the news. They said the shooting was deliberate, so I wonder what the whole story is?I'm willing to bet it's over drugs. or probably someone who stalked the poor man. He lived in the suburbs of Miami, so who knows. But this wasn't just some random burglary.

bigjeep
11-27-2007, 07:29 AM
It sounds like a hit killing. Question is, why? And did HE put his family in danger.

killerblue8787
11-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Its a very sad situation you people who are bashing him at a time like this should be ashamed of yourslefs. W/e hes done in the past is just that the past. Man changed his life around and all he was doing when he was killed was protecting his family how can you not give respect and honor to a man who does that espically in a day and age where people run away from that stuff all the time. I hope the gunman is brought to justice. I give my prayers out to Seans family friends the redskin orgization and the NFL and i hope Sean is Resting in Peace up in Heaven.No one bashed him, I just think someone made a fake thread claiming he died yesterday. There's people like me with sense who are speaking the truth, and then there's weird people who all of the sudden claim he was a scholar and an outstanding man just because he died. Sorry, it's unfortunate and sad that he died (no one deserves to die for the most part), but it doesn't erase what he did in the past or recently.</P>

I know but yesterday and there was alot of people yesterday saying stuff mainly in that thread but people i know saying how he brough this on his slef etc hes a thug and all that bull**** it disgusts me.</P>

GORGOROTH
11-27-2007, 07:31 AM
It sounds like a hit killing. Question is, why? And did HE put his family in danger.Same reason everyone who deals with crime; they don't care. I mean, I'm sure they stop and think and care, but it's too late. It's kinda like growing up in the ghetto, you're either Blood or Crip and if you're neither, you're just going to get caught in the gunfire.

GORGOROTH
11-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Its a very sad situation you people who are bashing him at a time like this should be ashamed of yourslefs. W/e hes done in the past is just that the past. Man changed his life around and all he was doing when he was killed was protecting his family how can you not give respect and honor to a man who does that espically in a day and age where people run away from that stuff all the time. I hope the gunman is brought to justice. I give my prayers out to Seans family friends the redskin orgization and the NFL and i hope Sean is Resting in Peace up in Heaven.No one bashed him, I just think someone made a fake thread claiming he died yesterday. There's people like me with sense who are speaking the truth, and then there's weird people who all of the sudden claim he was a scholar and an outstanding man just because he died. Sorry, it's unfortunate and sad that he died (no one deserves to die for the most part), but it doesn't erase what he did in the past or recently.</P>

I know but yesterday and there was alot of people yesterday saying stuff mainly in that thread but people i know saying how he brough this on his slef etc hes a thug and all that bull**** it disgusts me.</P>

People like Tookie Williams brought death apon themselves; killing innocent people will bring death apon you. I didn't like Sean Taylor, but it doesn't mean I wanted him to die. </P>

</P>

What creeps me out is Girbil28Wilson and the other guys in the thread.They ALL OF THE SUDDEN care about Taylor, and even put his picture in their avatar. But if Taylor never got shot, they wouldn't even be thinking about him. I hate that crap.</P>

</P>

That's like family members who were never around for their kids, parents, friends, and then all of the sudden one of them dies out of the blue and they're all "close" to them now, but didn't give two craps about them when they were living. </P>

bigjeep
11-27-2007, 07:41 AM
"People like Tookie Williams brought death apon themselves; killing innocent people will bring death apon you. I didn't like Sean Taylor, but it doesn't mean I wanted him to die.

</P>

What creeps me out is Girbil28Wilson and the other guys in the thread.They ALL OF THE SUDDEN care about Taylor, and even put his picture in their avatar. But if Taylor never got shot, they wouldn't even be thinking about him. I hate that crap.</P>

</P>

That's like family members who were never around for their kids, parents, friends, and then all of the sudden one of them dies out of the blue and they're all "close" to them now, but didn't give two craps about them when they were living." </P>

Agreed! He gets shot and he is a hero! Would anyone care if he was working as a Car salesman, ect, NO.But he was afootball player making millons and unable to stay out of trouble. Sorry, my heart is all bled out!</P>

GORGOROTH
11-27-2007, 07:41 AM
I went over to extremeskins.com to see what it's like over there...&amp; Boy O' Boy....The Giants MB ratedby all THEIR accounts we arethe LOWEST of the LOW Scumbags by some of our posters. They had a few comments about what Philthy was sayin' but we beat them out by a long shot (or so it seems) The Cowpukes they say were the best of the lot!!! (I expect that though from all the druggies &amp; criminals that came from that Org...they're obviously a little more tolerant)</P>

Comments like "what do you expect from NY..." </P>

Not that I reallycare what other fans think of us, but after reading some of the posts here on ST, I knew we were in for a bashing... </P>

</P>

Let's show a little respect for a dead 24 year old kid... regardless of his prior history...</P>

</P>

</P>

RIP Sean!!! Here's hoping St Peter lets him IN...[B]</P>Redskins fans are hypocrites. They threw cans of Chunky Soup at McNabb's mother in the stands and when Joe Jurivicious' kid died, they were saying "Hey Joe, how's your son?" when he'd score a TD and make his way to their end of the endzone. So for them to claim we're low is hilarious. Spare me.

killerblue8787
11-27-2007, 07:42 AM
I am the kind of guy who believes no one derseves to be murdered no matter How bad of a person they were in real life (i don't believe death is a punishment). We all do stupid things obviously that is what makes us human. Life is the most precious thing and no matter the reason if one person takes the life of another its a sad situation (slef defence is the only possible situation). It could be Taylor my next door neighbor or just some guy i never heard 100's of miles away. Its still sad when someone dies espically if its not by natural causes.

DJMythadrall
11-27-2007, 07:43 AM
It's really sad the lack of class i've read from some of the posters on this board. Somebody got hurt, and is now dead. Who cares who he played for, this isn't about football.

RIP Sean

bigjeep
11-27-2007, 07:45 AM
I am the kind of guy who believes no one derseves to be murdered no matter How bad of a person they were in real life (i don't believe death is a punishment). We all do stupid things obviously that is what makes us human. Life is the most precious thing and no matter the reason if one person takes the life of another its a sad situation (slef defence is the only possible situation). It could be Taylor my next door neighbor or just some guy i never heard 100's of miles away. Its still sad when someone dies espically if its not by natural causes.</P>

</P>

Agreed! </P>

relyoneli
11-27-2007, 07:47 AM
What a waste of a young life, especially with an 18-month old daughter. I'm sure the NRA will put a positive spin on this in their usual "everyone should have a gun" way.

Ray Finkle
11-27-2007, 07:58 AM
I do not wish death upon anyone, and I do feel for his family and his daughter. I also believe however that this incident could be related to some sort of criminal activity. You have to remember someone broke into his house a week earlier and left a knife on a bed. </P>

I agree with some other posters as well. There are plenty of hero's who die everyday who get no attention. Taylor was famous, that doesn't make him a hero. He'll get 10,000 times as much coverage on his death than all the soldiers who die this month in Iraq. </P>

And if it is related to drugs, etc..what kind of person could he have been to put his finace and daughter in harms way. You play with fire-you get burned.</P>

</P>

Ray Finkle
11-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Also-when his fiance tried to call the police, the telelphone lines had been cut. Doesn't sound like your "average" miscellaneous break in. </P>

</P>

Shockfan80
11-27-2007, 08:02 AM
This is ashame, Taylor was only 24 he had a whole lifetime in front of him. The bad part is I said to myself what a shame he was going to be a great player, but I forgot he's a human being and it doesn't matter what kind of player he once was. It really made me think of how his family must be, I have a brother whose 24 and he's still immature and doesn't act anything like an adult yet this kid was playing in the NFL going on I think 4th year. RIP Sean Taylor

killerblue8787
11-27-2007, 08:06 AM
I do not wish death upon anyone, and I do feel for his family and his daughter. I also believe however that this incident could be related to some sort of criminal activity. You have to remember someone broke into his house a week earlier and left a knife on a bed. </P>

I agree with some other posters as well. There are plenty of hero's who die everyday who get no attention. Taylor was famous, that doesn't make him a hero. He'll get 10,000 times as much coverage on his death than all the soldiers who die this month in Iraq. </P>

And if it is related to drugs, etc..what kind of person could he have been to put his finace and daughter in harms way. You play with fire-you get burned.</P>

</P>

</P>

Its a possiblity but not 100% true. None of us know the truth until we do we can only judge that its a murder none of us know the reason for it. Until we know the truth we can't judge as if it was because of drugs. </P>

hungrrrry
11-27-2007, 08:07 AM
What a waste of a young life, especially with an 18-month old daughter. I'm sure the NRA will put a positive spin on this in their usual "everyone should have a gun" way.you think banning guns will make any difference...the criminals are doing this, they are likely stealing the guns they have as it is...gun control would just mean more victims...don't be a fool

GORGOROTH
11-27-2007, 08:07 AM
What a waste of a young life, especially with an 18-month old daughter. I'm sure the NRA will put a positive spin on this in their usual "everyone should have a gun" way.Uh, The Unibomber didn't fire one bullet, yet killed hundreds. If someone wants you dead, they'll kill you, having a gun just makes it easier.

bigjeep
11-27-2007, 08:18 AM
I don't have the numbers, but I am willing to bet more people die from crime in our cities every month then die in Iraq. A story that is buried by the talking heads on the news. Its safer in Iraq then our cities.

venom62
11-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Sad news. Regardless of his past, he was still a kid and we've all made mistakes. I'm sure nobody here knew him personally, but lose of life is sad. It's made worse when its a person at such a young age. </P>

</P>

Rest Well</P>

ross_stephen
11-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Reguardless of anything that he's done in the past, it is a senseless thing. I'm not a religious man, but I do hope that this will steer at least one boy away from a life that involves guns in anyway. It is horrible horrible, and my heart goes out to those who are close to him, I just hope that some good can come out of this situation.

DefenseWins
11-27-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't have the numbers, but I am willing to bet more people die from crime in our cities every month then die in Iraq. A story that is buried by the talking heads on the news. Its safer in Iraq then our cities.</P>

</P>

I think the unibomber killed more like 12</P>

NovaGGiants
11-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Scum on this planet amaze me to this day; Cant even take the sanctity of your home for granted anymore....

mdc1
11-27-2007, 08:38 AM
What a waste of a young life, especially with an 18-month old daughter. I'm sure the NRA will put a positive spin on this in their usual "everyone should have a gun" way.

Nice way of inserting your personal politics here douch..

Giants
11-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Geez guys, calm down w/ the politics. Yes, there is a time and place for that discussion but this isn't it.</P>

I just woke up to see this very sad news. I wish peace for his soul and comfort for his family and friends. </P>

RIP Sean Taylor, #21.</P>

SkinsFanSinceThaWomb
11-27-2007, 09:21 AM
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

relyoneli
11-27-2007, 09:23 AM

Nice way of inserting your personal politics here douch..
</P>

Get a life, peabrain. I'm surprised you even understood what I was saying.</P>

relyoneli
11-27-2007, 09:25 AM
R.I.P. Sean Taylor</P>

Sorry for your team's loss. Hopefully, will find it in their corporate behemoth heart to give the Skins the week off to grieve. What a waste of a young life.</P>

HeartofBlue
11-27-2007, 09:31 AM
R.I.P. Sean Taylor</P>

Skins,</P>

My sympathies go out to your fans &amp; your team. They lost a teammate and a friend. Our ( well most of us humans) hearts will be with the Redskins this week and hope that their pain won't be too much to bare.</P>

No matter what anyone thinks about him..(that is your problem) he was a 24 yr old KID, with an entire life in front of him that was snuffed out senslessly and violently. It's a heartbreaking shame.</P>

He was someones son, brother &amp; father. My heart breaks for his family.</P>

RIP Sean [:(]</P>

bigbluefan1986
11-27-2007, 09:32 AM
I am speechless. I cannot help but wonder though was it a hit of some kind in response to something he was involved in? Or was it just a case of the wrong place at the wrong time? </P>

It is so sad to see such a talent gone because someone has no clue or regard of human life. </P>

RIP.</P>

n420p69
11-27-2007, 09:38 AM
R.I.P. Sean Taylor</p>

Sorry for your team's loss. Hopefully, will find it in their corporate behemoth heart to give the Skins the week off to grieve. What a waste of a young life.</p>

My hunch would be that the Redskins would want to play this week to get their mind off of it and the whole he would probably want them to play, regardless, a terrible situation, and one that you never want to see happen to anyone no matter if they deserve it or not. The guy was 24. Far too young for anyone to be dying at that age. R.I.P.

qndarius3
11-27-2007, 09:39 AM
very awful, never liked the guy but never wished anything like this would ever happen to him.

NDGiant2008
11-27-2007, 09:42 AM
RIP SEAN

Markroman
11-27-2007, 09:42 AM
You play with fire you get burned. No one deserves to die.</P>

But, this was not a nice guy. He went after others with his own guns before.</P>

Not one thing was stolen from his house. There is alot more to the story from what i heard yesterday.</P>

My heart bleeds for sick kids and those who are defenseless....</P>

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 09:45 AM

But, this was not a nice guy. He went after others with his own guns before.</P>

Not one thing was stolen from his house. There is alot more to the story from what i heard yesterday.</P>

to who refuse that he changed:</P>
<P _extended="true">A private man with a small inner circle, Taylor rarely granted interviews. But, behind the scenes, Taylor was described as personable and smart - an emerging locker room leader.</P>
<P _extended="true">Especially since the birth of his daughter Jackie.</P>
<P _extended="true">"From the first day I met him, from then to now, it's just like night and day," Redskins receiver <FONT color=#364c88>James Thrash</FONT> (http://www.nfl.com/players/jamesthrash/profile?id=THR055371) said. "He's really got his head on his shoulders and has been doing really well as far as just being a man. It's been awesome to see that growth."</P>
<P _extended="true">Taylor said the end of the assault case was like "a gray cloud" being lifted. It was also around the time that Jackie was born, and teammates noticed a change.</P>
<P _extended="true">"It's hard to expect a man to grow up overnight," said Redskins teammate and close friend <FONT color=#364c88>Clinton Portis</FONT> (http://www.nfl.com/players/clintonportis/profile?id=POR792942), who also played with Taylor at the University of Miami. "But ever since he had his child, it was like a new Sean, and everybody around here knew it. He was always smiling, always happy, always talking about his child."</P>
<P _extended="true">"He loved football. He felt like that's what he was made to do," Gibbs said. "And I think what I've noticed over the last year and a half ... is he matured. I think his baby had a huge impact on him. There was a real growing up in his life."</P>

Zara
11-27-2007, 09:51 AM
This is terrible. You guys who are talkin trash about him are losers. Imagine if one of our young studs died, how would you feel? Osi? Shockey? Yeah..think about that. RIP Sean Taylor.

NDGiant2008
11-27-2007, 09:54 AM
http://www.extremeskins.org/tkmisc/gws21.gif

FBomb
11-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Well, I'm not going to pretend I liked the guy, or hide the fact that I beleive this has a lot more to do with Taylor's lifestyle than a random burglary. I don't consider death to be a cleanser of one's past. You reep what you sew. In the coming days, I'm positive that the true story will come out.

I feel for the young man's mother and daughter...................nothing more.

Redskins fans can bite me......................they are only going to miss the player, not the man.

DeeDeeBarber
11-27-2007, 10:04 AM
The man was still only 24 years old. We all make mistakes in our youth. To spit on the man after he's dead is not only disgraceful, it's almost sinful. Any death is a tragedy... sure people are dying all over the world probably with more suffering, but that takes nothing away from one.

Shame on you FBomb and all you other hate mongerers. Love thy neighbor never went far with you guys, eh?

RIP Sean Taylor.

tropicalblue
11-27-2007, 10:07 AM
We need more guns on the street. Talk about sensless.</P>

</P>

I hear you man, I can't believe all these BS shootings going on.</P>

FBomb
11-27-2007, 10:09 AM
The man was still only 24 years old. We all make mistakes in our youth. To spit on the man after he's dead is not only disgraceful, it's almost sinful. Any death is a tragedy... sure people are dying all over the world probably with more suffering, but that takes nothing away from one.

Shame on you FBomb and all you other hate mongerers. Love thy neighbor never went far with you guys, eh?

RIP Sean Taylor.

LOL.............Shame on me??? LOL

So, just like your ranting about the Giants, anyone who holds a different opinion should be shamed? You've become a joke.

Again, death is NOT a cleanser of one's past, and having an opinion about it doesn't make my comments "disrespectful". Save your "sinful" speach for someone who gives a damn.

tropicalblue
11-27-2007, 10:10 AM

</P>

You probably grew up in a happy family, got great Christmas gifts every year, went to camp in the summer... everybody doesn't have a balanced environment in which to grow. For too many professional athletes, sports is their salvation.</P>

JerseyGiant21
11-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Sad news...
May he R.I.P.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 10:13 AM
You play with fire you get burned. No one deserves to die.</p>

But, this was not a nice guy. He went after others with his own guns before.</p>

Not one thing was stolen from his house. There is alot more to the story from what i heard yesterday.</p>

My heart bleeds for sick kids and those who are defenseless....</p>

</p>

You probably grew up in a happy family, got great Christmas gifts every year, went to camp in the summer... everybody doesn't have a balanced environment in which to grow. For too many professional athletes, sports is their salvation.</p>

Sports also made him a millionaire, with EVERY opportunity to turn his life around.

Tony Bruno
11-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Im so upset about this... I liked this kid so much (not as much when he played us)... Sad day... I very truly sorry for his familys loss and I hope/wish them the best... No one deserves that...

common sense
11-27-2007, 10:15 AM
R.I.P Sean Taylor...my condolences to his family as well.

Giants
11-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Well, I'm not going to pretend I liked the guy, or hide the fact that I beleive this has a lot more to do with Taylor's lifestyle than a random burglary. I don't consider death to be a cleanser of one's past. You reep what you sew. In the coming days, I'm positive that the true story will come out.

Redskins fans can bite me......................they are only going to miss the player, not the man.
</P>

Wow, I always had respect for your posts FBomb. No more.</P>

Bennyblancco
11-27-2007, 10:16 AM
What a waste of a young life, especially with an 18-month old daughter. I'm sure the NRA will put a positive spin on this in their usual "everyone should have a gun" way.you think banning guns will make any difference...the criminals are doing this, they are likely stealing the guns they have as it is...gun control would just mean more victims...don't be a fool</P>

Guns are a huge problem. if there were no guns if would have been a knife fight or Taloy would've got jumped. Either way, his chances of survival would've been higher. ***** THE NRA</P>

tropicalblue
11-27-2007, 10:16 AM

</P>

</P>

I agree man, you can be the funniest guy on this board, now you're just being a *****.</P>

slipknottin
11-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Not much to say, just a sad story.

RIP Sean

FBomb
11-27-2007, 10:21 AM

</p>

Wow, I always had respect for your posts FBomb. No more.</p>

</p>

I agree man, you can be the funniest guy on this board, now you're just being a *****.</p>

LOL.............hmmmmmmm............Because I don't agree with your opinions?

Both of you can get bent. I will ALWAYS give my honset opinion about something, no matter what the popular thing to say is. NOTHING I said was disrespectful IMHO................only true.

bigjeep
11-27-2007, 10:21 AM
FBomb's right. As you sow, so shall you reap!! Guess thats right.

bigbluefan1986
11-27-2007, 10:22 AM

</P>

You probably grew up in a happy family, got great Christmas gifts every year, went to camp in the summer... everybody doesn't have a balanced environment in which to grow. For too many professional athletes, sports is their salvation.</P>

Sports also made him a millionaire, with EVERY opportunity to turn his life around.
</P>

it makes me sick sometimes when you hear about a guy like a Pacman or a player of his status with their ability to make the NFL and they just cannot get a clue as to how they carry themselves off the field. </P>

A lot of those guys grew up with nothing and they say the strive to make the NFL to better their lives yet some cannot leave it all behind...</P>

</P>

bigjeep
11-27-2007, 10:23 AM
A thug is a thug, even in a football uniform.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 10:23 AM

Ok..........if Bigjeep agrees, I MUST be wrong. Taylor was an angel.

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
so what if... Eli got shot... and died... and a couple weeks later they found drugs at his house. would you be calling him a thug?

Harooni
can't believe it, we heard good news yesterday. terrible I really think he was growing up. RIP you were a very good player and om sure your family and friends will miss you dearly.

this year i learned a lot about death and its something we just can't understand.

bigbluefan1986
so what if... Eli got shot... and died... and a couple weeks later they found drugs at his house. would you be calling him a thug?</P>

</P>

no but you would be thinking he was a drug addict!!!</P>

NYG113
11-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Sad news!! My prayers are with his family!!

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 10:29 AM
maybe drugs was a bad example, but what if they found a couple of guns in his home... you guys wouldnt label him a 26 year old thug

Giants
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM

</P>

</P>

I agree man, you can be the funniest guy on this board, now you're just being a *****.</P>

Both of you can get bent. I will ALWAYS give my honset opinion about something, no matter what the popular thing to say is. NOTHING I said was disrespectful IMHO................only true.

</P>

No point in getting into a flaming war with you; I'm just sad I lost respect for you, that's all.</P>

And is this statement : "Redskins fans can bite me......................they are only going to miss the player, not the man." respectful? </P>

bigbluefan1986
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
maybe drugs was a bad example, but what if they found a couple of guns in his home... you guys wouldnt label him a 26 year old thug</P>

lol no to answer your question.....</P>

</P>

but you can only conclude by what is put in front of you... Taylor is known as it has been documented for doing thuggish things such as retaliating on a guy that might have stolen his vehicles or brnadishing a gun to some other guys face... </P>

if Eli gets found dead with guns then questions are raised and you have to put answers together. </P>

</P>

FBomb
11-27-2007, 10:32 AM
so what if... Eli got shot... and died... and a couple weeks later they found drugs at his house. would you be calling him a thug?

........and the thread continues to get more ridiculous. Drugs don't make you a "thug".........How you live defines you.

I'd be surprised if they found anything stronger than Tylenol in Opie's house. LOL......

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 10:33 AM
maybe drugs was a bad example, but what if they found a couple of guns in his home... you guys wouldnt label him a 26 year old thug</P>

*</P>

but you can only conclude by what is put in front of you... Taylor is known as it has been documented for doing thuggish things such as retaliating on a guy that might have stolen his vehicles or brnadishing a gun to some other guys face... </P>

if Eli gets found dead with guns then questions are raised and you have to put answers together. </P>

*</P>

but you get that reputation from a police report... from 2, almost 3 years ago. Can't somebody change? Or we must look at only the negatives in people and declare that is impossible.

Harooni
11-27-2007, 10:34 AM

........and the thread continues to get more ridiculous. Drugs don't make you a "thug".........How you live defines you.

I'd be surprised if they found anything stronger than Tylenol in Opie's house. LOL......

i second that, however "thug" or not he is a human, someone came into his house and shot him. its not like he was starting a fight at the strip club and got whacked.

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 10:34 AM

........and the thread continues to get more ridiculous.* Drugs don't make you a "thug".........How you live* defines you.

I'd be surprised if they found anything stronger than Tylenol in Opie's house.* LOL......

he was living with his wife and daughter.... not with 6 gangbangers yellin THUG LYFE and shooting off their deck into a crowded area

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 10:35 AM
note the post where i said "bad example, what if they found 2 guns in Eli's house"

FBomb
11-27-2007, 10:35 AM

</p>

Wow, I always had respect for your posts FBomb. No more.</p>

</p>

I agree man, you can be the funniest guy on this board, now you're just being a *****.</p>

</p>

No point in getting into a flaming war with you; I'm just sad I lost respect for you, that's all.</p>

And is this statement : "Redskins fans can bite me......................they are only going to miss the player, not the man." respectful? </p>

I'm not waring with anyone............You guys decided to rail against me for having a different opinion, and I stood up for myself. I don't give a damn about your respect. My opinions are my own.

The Redskins staement is absolutely 100% correct. Do you think they give a damn about any other black man that gets shot in thier community? They only care because of the uniform.

barran21
11-27-2007, 10:36 AM
RIP.... ST

bigbluefan1986
11-27-2007, 10:36 AM

</P>

</P>

but you get that reputation from a police report... from 2, almost 3 years ago. Can't somebody change? Or we must look at only the negatives in people and declare that is impossible.</P>

now you either misunderstood or I did not fully explain... </P>

True the police reports are from the past but till the end the guy is home knowing he was marked and was preparing for somthing with rumored reports of a large knife by his bedside. His mentality was thuggish... </P>

</P>

if someone threatens my home I have to do what is right and protect my wife and children the right way by moving them to a safer location and not try to take matters into my own hands as we can see the end result of that could be worse on you and your family in the end.</P>

FBomb
11-27-2007, 10:37 AM
note the post where i said "bad example, what if they found 2 guns in Eli's house"

I posted before I read that.

If anyone looked, they would probably find guns in his house............hunting rifles that he never brandished on anyone.

relyoneli
11-27-2007, 10:38 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

No point in getting into a flaming war with you; I'm just sad I lost respect for you, that's all.</P>

And is this statement : "Redskins fans can bite me......................they are only going to miss the player, not the man." respectful? </P>

</P>

Taylor never let Redskins fans or anyone else get to know him as a man. He was distrustful of the media, because he always thought they were out to get him. So Redskins fans only knew him as a player. </P>

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 10:38 AM

If anyone looked, they would probably find guns in his house............hunting rifles that he never brandished on anyone.

dont be so sure... Eli grew up on the streets of N'orleans... havent you ever seen K ville.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 10:40 AM

i second that, however "thug" or not he is a human, someone came into his house and shot him. its not like he was starting a fight at the strip club and got whacked.

Agreed, but this was far from a random burglary. This was the 3rd time that house had been broken into. If I thought AT ALL that he was innocent in this, I would have more compassion for him. As for now, I feel like his lifestyle was a HUGE factor, and that he needlessly put his daughter in danger.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 10:41 AM

dont be so sure... Eli grew up on the streets of N'orleans... havent you ever seen K ville.

LOL.........

Harooni
11-27-2007, 10:44 AM

Agreed, but this was far from a random burglary. This was the 3rd time that house had been broken into. If I thought AT ALL that he was innocent in this, I would have more compassion for him. As for now, I feel like his lifestyle was a HUGE factor, and that he needlessly put his daughter in danger.

i hear you im sure it was not a random burglary. maybe his past caught up with him, however unnessary death. people around him will be suffering.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 10:49 AM

i hear you im sure it was not a random burglary. maybe his past caught up with him, however unnessary death. people around him will be suffering.

I said I feel for his mother and daughter. I just refiuse to show any fake sympathy for a man who brought on bad things himself.

Tecoma
11-27-2007, 10:51 AM
RIP Sean.....I feel for his family, and friends.....It's a sad day for football.</P>

Ray Finkle
11-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Oh please. If anyone should have led the correct life it was Taylor. His father is a GD police chief for christs sake. Give me a break.

RagingBlue
11-27-2007, 10:58 AM
may peace be upon him. such sadness.

Gianthunter
11-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Good to see this MB is still hitting new highs in LOW

tikki_barber
It's sad when anybody losses their life but lets not forget about the 3,000 U.S. soldiers that have lost their lives in Iraq. Sean Taylor was a thug and we shouldn't give him anymore sympath because he was good at tackling people.

RIP ST but lets not forget everybody else.

massmang
Very sad day.</P>

RIP Sean.</P>

Harooni
11-27-2007, 11:05 AM
It's sad when anybody losses their life but lets not forget about the 3,000 U.S. soldiers that have lost their lives in Iraq. Sean Taylor was a thug and we shouldn't give him anymore sympath because he was good at tackling people.

we dont know if all those soldiers were good people right? some of them could have been rapists and child molesters and such.

so sean taylor could have been a better person than some of those soldiers you think deserve the sympathy.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 11:07 AM

we dont know if all those soldiers were good people right? some of them could have been rapists and child molesters and such.

so sean taylor could have been a better person than some of those soldiers you think deserve the sympathy.

I'm not touching this one. You're on your own with this.

Harooni
11-27-2007, 11:10 AM

I'm not touching this one. You're on your own with this.

its not a disrespect to any soldier that fought for us. its the point that we dont know what kind of people they were, hell some could have been wife beaters msome cheated on their taxes some were thugs prior to joining up.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 11:12 AM

I'm not touching this one. You're on your own with this. Pu

its not a disrespect to any soldier that fought for us. its the point that we dont know what kind of people they were, hell some could have been wife beaters msome cheated on their taxes some were thugs prior to joining up.

I know what you meant................I'm just not going there.

Gianthunter
11-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Good to see this MB is still hitting new highs in LOWI stand corrected.

Harooni
11-27-2007, 11:14 AM
the point im tring to make is they all deserve sympathy because they all are humans and we all sin.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM
the point im tring to make is they all deserve sympathy because they all are humans and we all sin.

Putiing one's self in harm's way for the sake of others is FAR
different than being paid millions to play a game, and STILL not be
able to get out of that thug-like mentality.

bluereckincrew
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Will his family be paid out his contract? Will it count against the Skins salary cap?</P>

This story has so many holes in it I wonder if we will ever know the truth.</P>

Harooni
11-27-2007, 11:19 AM

thats not what i said. geez of course being a soldier is far more noble than being a FS and haveing a lavish life.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Will his family be paid out his contract? Will it count against the Skins salary cap?</p>

This story has so many holes in it I wonder if we will ever know the truth.</p>

Good question. You would think that the Redskin organization would do the right thing by his family. I don't think it will have any effect on thier cap space other than credit for his salary.

jarhead66
11-27-2007, 11:21 AM

Bomb, I agree.

There is far less concern over the deaths of true warriors than over a rich entertainer.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 11:22 AM

thats not what i said. geez of course being a soldier is far more noble than being a FS and haveing a lavish life.

You said I should be sympathetic to both............and I don't agree. The situation is completely different.

Harooni
11-27-2007, 11:23 AM

You said I should be sympathetic to both............and I don't agree. The situation is completely different.

thats correct you should be sympathetic to both, that make you a good person. get it?

G-Men Surg.
11-27-2007, 11:24 AM
RIP Shawn!!! Feel for his familiy and friends.</P>

Sad day when a family member of the NFL goes away.</P>

</P>

FBomb
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM

thats correct you should be sympathetic to both, that make you a good person. get it?

Again...........I disagree. I'm a good person.............a very soft hearted person who would give my last dollar to someone in need....................Fake sympathy for a person who refused to grow up despite AMPLE opportunity doesn't define you.

I didn't like him when he was alive..........why should his death make me feel sorry for him?

Markroman
11-27-2007, 11:28 AM
I should be sympathetic to someone who took a gun to others...drove drunk etc....????</P>

Please. Gimme a break. </P>

</P>

SkinsFanSinceThaWomb
11-27-2007, 11:31 AM

</P>

Hilarious. That is my opinion of your post and while I am entitled to mine, as much as I disagree with what you said, you too are entitled to your own. Death is not a cleanser of ones past but ones past does not fill his or her entire life. When I was 8 I stole a York Peppermint Patty from a 7-11. Am i a thief for the rest of my life ? I think not. What this man did in his past was what he did in his past. He had a daughter who and the players that knew him speak of him in a different light. The few reporters that got a chance to talk to him also speak of him in a different light. He may have not been your favorite person. But to say that I can bite you because I will not miss the man but only the player you are sadly mistaken. I had a chance to meet Sean Taylor at the Redskins luncheon this year. I will miss the man that I met and talked to. I feel for his daughter, his father, his mother, and the friends and family that lost someone. I don't know what your experiences have been with death, mine have been rather extensive and I take it seriously. I will miss the man AND the player. Yes I will miss him as a player bit to say that's it. Hilarious.</P>

n420p69
11-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't think the Skins will pay the family his salary but they will definitely give some sort of money and I think his teammates will too.

Harooni
11-27-2007, 11:33 AM
look i am not religious at all but havent the preists told us to forgive doesn't god (if there is one) Forgive our sins? I sin you sin and sean sinned. he was brutally murdered in his own home in front of his family.
have a heart.

bluereckincrew
11-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Ok, the point is I'm pretty sure no one on these boards personally knew him, other than watching him play football or hearing about all the off field troubles he had.</P>

With that said ANYONE who says they are sad are probably full of it. False sincerity sux.</P>

FBomb
11-27-2007, 11:34 AM

</p>

Hilarious. That is my opinion of your post and while I am entitled to mine, as much as I disagree with what you said, you too are entitled to your own. Death is not a cleanser of ones past but ones past does not fill his or her entire life. When I was 8 I stole a York Peppermint Patty from a 7-11. Am i a thief for the rest of my life ? I think not. What this man did in his past was what he did in his past. He had a daughter who and the players that knew him speak of him in a different light. The few reporters that got a chance to talk to him also speak of him in a different light. He may have not been your favorite person. But to say that I can bite you because I will not miss the man but only the player you are sadly mistaken. I had a chance to meet Sean Taylor at the Redskins luncheon this year. I will miss the man that I met and talked to. I feel for his daughter, his father, his mother, and the friends and family that lost someone. I don't know what your experiences have been with death, mine have been rather extensive and I take it seriously. I will miss the man AND the player. Yes I will miss him as a player bit to say that's it. Hilarious.</p>

So, you're the exception, not the rule. MOST fans have never met the man and will only miss the player.

You anaolgy of shoplifting candy compared to Taylor's past is what is "hilarious".

mdc1
11-27-2007, 11:35 AM
stereotypes and so forth aside, Taylor was probably a victim of a past that he could not move away from, regardless of whether he changed lately from a maturity perspective.

In this life you can count on a couple of things, people hold resentment, sometimes seek revenge, and are motivated by fear, greed, etc, and more importantly, sometimes you cannot escape the ghosts of your past.

I sincerely hope that this wasn't a pre meditated act, although I tend to believe Taylor's ghosts caught up to him. He had a machette for protection due to his probation and his attacker had guns.Maybe they knew this as they targetted his bedroom entrance, and not some other area of the house.

All the heroics on the football field ( a JOB) pale in comparision to mismanaging your life and making bad choices that sometimes place you in an unrecoverable situation, even if you try hard to overcome those situations. He did the right thing but it was probably too late and can be understood by others that you need to be careful of the company you keep, the places you hang around, and the things you get involved in.

We talk about Taylor the player, but think about his kid and spouse and how they have to carry on. He decided to go the right direction but it may have been too late and now 3 lives will become throw-away because of bad choices. How has football really helped him? It didn't, he should have focused on helping himself.

Markroman
11-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Maybe he shoplifted the Peppermint patty holding an AK-47????

FBomb
look i am not religious at all but havent the preists told us to forgive doesn't god (if there is one) Forgive our sins? I sin you sin and sean sinned. he was brutally murdered in his own home in front of his family.
have a heart.

Well, I can see this is going nowhere. I am now through with this thing.

This "heartless" person is taking off work to take my sick daughter to the doctor's and to lunch.

TheGman10
This is so sad. May he rest in peace. I hope they find the guy who did this and shoot him in the face.

Markroman
11-27-2007, 11:59 AM
And then the guy who shoots him in the face...shoot by shot by next guy...and so on and so and so on....</P>

Violence only creates more violence.</P>

</P>

sharick88
11-27-2007, 12:18 PM
RIP. Best wishes and prayers for all of his family and friends

dempsblows
11-27-2007, 12:29 PM
I feel terrible for his family, he was still a kid. No one deserves to die at 24. However, all these people that are in this state of "shock" over it, c'mon. This is a guy who has had repeated run ins with the law, including instances where he was carrying weapons. This wasn't some "random robbery", someone was apparently after him. If if this story about someone breaking into his house 8 days ago and leaving a knife plunged into his bed is true, why didn't he get some security or alert the police? Again, its a terrible story and I feel awful for his family, but we cannot ignore the fact that this guy was no saint. If he was "joe blow" with the same legal history, people probably wouldnt be that shocked to hear that he died in this manner, but since hes a multi millionare football star its different.

ap215
11-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm a canes fan and i was just devastated when i heard of his passing this morning he was a true cane and a dam good football player.</P>

RIP Sean you will be missed. :-(</P>

Markroman
11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
In the story I heard yesterday...someone left a machete in his house as a warning...something worse was going on...who knows?</P>

Unfortunately...there are two innocents...wife and kid.</P>

plaxattack17
11-27-2007, 12:36 PM
he was one of my favourite players in the game, he was an astonishing athlete and great Safety. I feel awful for his family and the skins organisation, what a tragedy.

smoovej15
11-27-2007, 12:40 PM
I heard he kept a machete under his bed for protection.</P>

</P>

And how do you guys know the man changed?? This was no burglary dumbutts. If the phone lines were cut and there was an intruder 8 days ago. Anybody think that maybe it was a hit or maybe he didnt pay some dues.</P>

</P>

God works in mysterious ways and there is a think called Karma, maybe even divine intervention. </P>

Sometimes you just get what you deserve. From what I know Sean Taylor was a piece of ish... Dont know how anyone else thinks different.</P>

djready711Giants!
11-27-2007, 12:43 PM
This is very very sad news, R.I.P. Sean Taylor.

djready711Giants!
11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
I heard he kept a machete under his bed for protection.</p>

</p>

And how do you guys know the man changed?? This was no burglary dumbutts. If the phone lines were cut and there was an intruder 8 days ago. Anybody think that maybe it was a hit or maybe he didnt pay some dues.</p>

</p>

God works in mysterious ways and there is a think called Karma, maybe even divine intervention. </p>

Sometimes you just get what you deserve. From what I know Sean Taylor was a piece of ish... Dont know how anyone else thinks different.</p>

Actually, you're a peace of **** and a disgrace.

mommy2dylan
11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
R.I.P. Sean Taylor</P>

I second that .... regardless of his endevours, as he lays quite and in peace, their are many innocent people who will feel this pain for years to come, for them I send my thoughts and prayers. Parents should never have to bury their children, ever!! A child fatherless and too young to remember her father years from now and friends and love ones who lives are now affected. </P>

gibril28wilson
11-27-2007, 12:46 PM

People like Tookie Williams brought death apon themselves; killing innocent people will bring death apon you. I didn't like Sean Taylor, but it doesn't mean I wanted him to die. </P>

</P>

</P>

That's like family members who were never around for their kids, parents, friends, and then all of the sudden one of them dies out of the blue and they're all "close" to them now, but didn't give two craps about them when they were living. </P>

</P>

trying to call me out there tough guy? do you know me? do you know anything about me? all you know about me is that ive beena member since october 2005 and i have over 7000 posts, nothing else. dont try and act like your the reason fo truth.</P>

i have always been a fan of Sean Taylor and am truely saddened byhis death.</P>

and you hate that when a person feels sorrow for the person who died and his family? im saddened by this because im a fan of the NFL and love everything about it. when a player gets seriously injured, to the point of where they could die, i get concerned.</P>

you know what pisses me off? when a person acts like they are absolutely 100% right and everyone else who disagrees with their point of view is 100% wrong.thats what you're acting like. you're just being stubborn and assuming that since we're not redskin fans that we arent truly sadden by his death</P>

smoovej15
11-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Well let me put in better terms maybe I was a lil harsh with my words.</P>

</P>

Didnt Sean Taylor track down the kid that stole his dirtbike and pistol whip and punch him in the face reapeatedly with a gun threatening to kill him?? If this is true.</P>

</P>

Than all im saying is that maybe what goes around comes around. What if you were that kids father? You wouldnt want to make Taylors life a miserable hell.</P>

</P>

</P>

gibril28wilson
11-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I heard he kept a machete under his bed for protection.</P>

</P>

And how do you guys know the man changed?? This was no burglary dumbutts. If the phone lines were cut and there was an intruder 8 days ago. Anybody think that maybe it was a hit or maybe he didnt pay some dues.</P>

</P>

God works in mysterious ways and there is a think called Karma, maybe even divine intervention. </P>

Sometimes you just get what you deserve. From what I know Sean Taylor was a piece of ish... Dont know how anyone else thinks different.</P>

</P>
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr__ctl0___PostRepeater__ctl13_Pos tViewWrapper>

A private man with a small inner circle, Taylor rarely granted interviews. But, behind the scenes, Taylor was described as personable and smart - an emerging locker room leader.</P>

Especially since the birth of his daughter Jackie.</P>

"From the first day I met him, from then to now, it's just like night and day," Redskins receiver <FONT color=#364c88>James Thrash</FONT> (http://www.nfl.com/players/jamesthrash/profile?id=THR055371) said. "He's really got his head on his shoulders and has been doing really well as far as just being a man. It's been awesome to see that growth."</P>

Taylor said the end of the assault case was like "a gray cloud" being lifted. It was also around the time that Jackie was born, and teammates noticed a change.</P>

"It's hard to expect a man to grow up overnight," said Redskins teammate and close friend <FONT color=#364c88>Clinton Portis</FONT> (http://www.nfl.com/players/clintonportis/profile?id=POR792942), who also played with Taylor at the University of Miami. "But ever since he had his child, it was like a new Sean, and everybody around here knew it. He was always smiling, always happy, always talking about his child."</P>

"He loved football. He felt like that's what he was made to do," Gibbs said. "And I think what I've noticed over the last year and a half ... is he matured. I think his baby had a huge impact on him. There was a real growing up in his life."</P></DIV>

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 12:50 PM
don't worry bout these guys Gibril... they are just ignorant... obviously somebody doesn't love them

Harooni
11-27-2007, 12:52 PM
<div class="ForumPostContentText" id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr__ctl0___PostRepeater__ctl13_PostVi ewWrapper">

to who refuse that he changed:</p>

A private man with a small inner circle, Taylor rarely granted interviews. But, behind the scenes, Taylor was described as personable and smart - an emerging locker room leader.</p>

Especially since the birth of his daughter Jackie.</p>

"From the first day I met him, from then to now, it's just like night and day," Redskins receiver <font color="#364c88">James Thrash</font> (http://www.nfl.com/players/jamesthrash/profile?id=THR055371) said. "He's really got his head on his shoulders and has been doing really well as far as just being a man. It's been awesome to see that growth."</p>

Taylor said the end of the assault case was like "a gray cloud" being lifted. It was also around the time that Jackie was born, and teammates noticed a change.</p>

"It's hard to expect a man to grow up overnight," said Redskins teammate and close friend <font color="#364c88">Clinton Portis</font> (http://www.nfl.com/players/clintonportis/profile?id=POR792942), who also played with Taylor at the University of Miami. "But ever since he had his child, it was like a new Sean, and everybody around here knew it. He was always smiling, always happy, always talking about his child."</p>

"He loved football. He felt like that's what he was made to do," Gibbs said. "And I think what I've noticed over the last year and a half ... is he matured. I think his baby had a huge impact on him. There was a real growing up in his life."</p></div>
good post

BlueSanta
11-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Taylor will be missed by everyone, even his rivals enjoyed watching him play.</P>

I went to Florida State and had to watch this guy kick our butts during his years at the U. Then he went to the Skins and i had to watch him hurt me there too.But there was always something about him, watching him play you couldnt hate him as a rival because you admired his ability and the way he played so much. </P>

I hope they get the guy who did this.</P>

smoovej15
11-27-2007, 12:57 PM
If the guy was a good man I would say great. But he wasnt. So people think he was changing thats great too if he was. </P>

Until we find out what really happened, its pretty much speculation. </P>

Realize something guys your not a righteous man because you play in the NFL. People earn the right to be called a good man. From everything I know of him he was not a good man.</P>

BigBlu397
11-27-2007, 12:58 PM
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr__ctl0___PostRepeater__ctl13_Pos tViewWrapper>

A private man with a small inner circle, Taylor rarely granted interviews. But, behind the scenes, Taylor was described as personable and smart - an emerging locker room leader.</P>

Especially since the birth of his daughter Jackie.</P>

"From the first day I met him, from then to now, it's just like night and day," Redskins receiver <FONT color=#364c88>James Thrash</FONT> (http://www.nfl.com/players/jamesthrash/profile?id=THR055371) said. "He's really got his head on his shoulders and has been doing really well as far as just being a man. It's been awesome to see that growth."</P>

Taylor said the end of the assault case was like "a gray cloud" being lifted. It was also around the time that Jackie was born, and teammates noticed a change.</P>

"It's hard to expect a man to grow up overnight," said Redskins teammate and close friend <FONT color=#364c88>Clinton Portis</FONT> (http://www.nfl.com/players/clintonportis/profile?id=POR792942), who also played with Taylor at the University of Miami. "But ever since he had his child, it was like a new Sean, and everybody around here knew it. He was always smiling, always happy, always talking about his child."</P>

"He loved football. He felt like that's what he was made to do," Gibbs said. "And I think what I've noticed over the last year and a half ... is he matured. I think his baby had a huge impact on him. There was a real growing up in his life."</P></DIV>

good post
</P>

I feel deeply saddened by this tragedy and the fact that he was only 24 yrs of age and had a family. Although I am very saddened the less am I surprised. I agree that he might have been changing and that he might have developing into a new person which is awesome. At the same time, IMO, someone doesnt just walk into your house and shoot you for no absolute reason. I wish that he had made better decisions and I wish that he might have changed himself a bit sooner than he did. We all know the person that he was and the TRUTH is, live by the sword die by the sword. Truly the case in this situation. My condolences to Mr. Taylor's family and friends and I pray the Lord has his hand over the situation.</P>

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 01:00 PM
the same people who are glad he died are the same ones who were happy when they thought TO OD'ed and died

DaBlueHornet
11-27-2007, 01:01 PM
I dont like to look to far into things or assume anything. But one has to question when a persons home is broken into twice in the same month. The first incident a knife was left on the bed. This time they just kick the door in and start shooting? That does not sound like robbery. That sounds like an intentional killing to me. Taylor had a lot of trouble and troubled friends in the Miami area, a bad reputation if you will. When he realized it was a time for a change in his life, he should have packed up his family and changed locations. This * keeping it real* mentality is affecting the sports world now more so then ever. These guys think if they move away from the ghetto and move into the multi million dollar home without taking the scumbag street thugs they grew up with with them, then they are not *keeping it real* or they are selling out in some way. Stupid. How many sad stories do we have to keep reading about....(Mike Vick)....(Pac-Man jones)....(Sean Taylor)...ect. ect. ect. before these guys realize that most of those guys are not thier friends, just street wise thugs looking for a taste of the lime light and the benneffits that go along with knowing these guys. This may not turn out to be the case at all regarding Sean Taylor. I certainly hope its not. Regardless of the outcome this will still be a senseless killing that didnt have to happen. I hope that these up and coming star athletes in the college ranks will start to pay attention to all of this and realize this. Being born in the ghetto or in a poor community does not mean you are sentenced to a life there. And when you have an opportunity to rise above it and get out. Get out and move far away and leave the thugs and the trouble behind you. My heart goes out to the Taylor family. A young life, with a very promising future was brought to an end this morning. God speed.

smoovej15
11-27-2007, 01:04 PM
the same people who are glad he died are the same ones who were happy when they thought TO OD'ed and diedPlease do not get me wrong. I do not wish death upon anyone unless they hurt my family. I am neither happy he has died. I will admit I am not sensitive to the situation because.... well this guys post explains it better than I have here already band says exactly how I feel. -------At the same time, IMO, someone doesnt just walk into your house and shoot you for no absolute reason. I wish that he had made better decisions and I wish that he might have changed himself a bit sooner than he did. We all know the person that he was and the TRUTH is, live by the sword die by the sword. Truly the case in this situation. My condolences to Mr. Taylor's family and friends and I pray the Lord has his hand over the situation. --------</P>

</P>

I am sorry for his family, I am not sorry for him.</P>

FBomb
11-27-2007, 01:06 PM
the same people who are glad he died are the same ones who were happy when they thought TO OD'ed and died

Please enlighten everyone on who "they" is. So far I've seen no-one that said he was "glad".

NJBLUEBLOOD
11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
the same people who are glad he died are the same ones who were happy when they thought TO OD'ed and died</P>

</P>

no one is glad he died. What was everyone's opinion of himas a person this Sunday? Whatever that was, it should bethe same today. </P>

smoovej15
11-27-2007, 01:07 PM

</P>

Didnt Sean Taylor track down the kid that stole his dirtbike and pistol whip and punch him in the face reapeatedly with a gun threatening to kill him?? If this is true.</P>

</P>

Than all im saying is that maybe what goes around comes around. What if you were that kids father? You wouldnt want to make Taylors life a miserable hell.</P>

</P>

</P>

You're still a peace of ****, even after that comment. To be looking for a reason as to why his death is justified, the day of his death no less, is absolutely ****ed up. Why do you feel the need to come on a thread that fans are using to mourn and express their respects to this guy and say the things you say. Why not keep your thoughts to yourself for right now, especially given the time frame.
Because it is a message board and we are in America and im expressing my feelings on the situation. </P>

</P>

Not that its justified. But if you play with matches you get burned. Im not sensitive to it because it IS NOT A SURPRISE for people that live his lifestyle. If youthink differently than your living in an imagianry world.</P>

By the way Ive never bashed anyone on this board and am far from a troll. Im expressing my feelings.</P>

FBomb
11-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Well let me put in better terms maybe I was a lil harsh with my words.</p>

</p>

Didnt Sean Taylor track down the kid that stole his dirtbike and pistol whip and punch him in the face reapeatedly with a gun threatening to kill him?? If this is true.</p>

</p>

Than all im saying is that maybe what goes around comes around. What if you were that kids father? You wouldnt want to make Taylors life a miserable hell.</p>

</p>

</p>

You're still a peace of ****, even after that comment. To be looking for a reason as to why his death is justified, the day of his death no less, is absolutely ****ed up. Why do you feel the need to come on a thread that fans are using to mourn and express their respects to this guy and say the things you say. Why not keep your thoughts to yourself for right now, especially given the time frame.

Relax. He has every right to express his opinion on a public MB. There is no one from Taylor's family here for him to offend. Anyone on this board "offended" by someones OPINION is an idiot.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 01:09 PM
the same people who are glad he died are the same ones who were happy when they thought TO OD'ed and died</p>

</p>

no one is glad he died. What was everyone's opinion of himas a person this Sunday? Whatever that was, it should bethe same today. </p>

Thank you. Finally, some common sense.

eagiants88
11-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Very sad story. I don't care if its our player or one of our rivals, it is still a tragedy that nobody should have to go through. I mean this happened in his own home with his fiance and baby there. </P>

All the best to his family, he was a heck of a player.</P>

BigBlu397
11-27-2007, 01:11 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I agree that his comments we're wrong but yours were also, he has t he right to say whatever he wants to say on this board. Eventhough the rest of us feel truly saddened he has a reason to feel the way that he does, and he isnt saying something untruthful. We need to let people talk without getting so offended and understand someone's personal opinion instead of taking pride to our own. If thats the way he feels, than thats the way he feels, nothing anyone can do about it.</P>

Gianthunter
11-27-2007, 01:12 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Relax. He has every right to express his opinion on a public MB. There is no one from Taylor's family here for him to offend. Anyone on this board "offended" by someones OPINION is an idiot.
May want to rethink that one.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 01:14 PM

</p>

Didnt Sean Taylor track down the kid that stole his dirtbike and pistol whip and punch him in the face reapeatedly with a gun threatening to kill him?? If this is true.</p>

</p>

Than all im saying is that maybe what goes around comes around. What if you were that kids father? You wouldnt want to make Taylors life a miserable hell.</p>

</p>

</p>

No.............why would I? Enlighten me.

Chopper
11-27-2007, 01:20 PM
RIP Sean Taylor, it is always depressing to see someone this young get killed.

Gianthunter
11-27-2007, 01:21 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Relax. He has every right to express his opinion on a public MB. There is no one from Taylor's family here for him to offend. <U>Anyone on this board "offended" by someones OPINION is an idiot</U>.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 01:23 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Relax. He has every right to express his opinion on a public MB. There is no one from Taylor's family here for him to offend. <u>Anyone on this board "offended" by someones OPINION is an idiot</u>.

I guess you'll have to dumb it down for me..............still not seeing a problem.

smoovej15
11-27-2007, 01:24 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Relax. He has every right to express his opinion on a public MB. There is no one from Taylor's family here for him to offend. <U>Anyone on this board "offended" by someones OPINION is an idiot</U>.

I guess you'll have to dumb it down for me..............still not seeing a problem.
LOL

djready711Giants!
11-27-2007, 01:27 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I agree that his comments we're wrong but yours were also, he has t he right to say whatever he wants to say on this board. Eventhough the rest of us feel truly saddened he has a reason to feel the way that he does, and he isnt saying something untruthful. We need to let people talk without getting so offended and understand someone's personal opinion instead of taking pride to our own. If thats the way he feels, than thats the way he feels, nothing anyone can do about it.</p>

Alright, so going by what you just posted to me, he has the right to say that Sean Taylor was a piece of **** because that's his opinion so why don't I have the same right? He's given his reasons as to why he thinks Taylor is a piece of **** and I gave my reasons as to why I think Smoovej15 is a piece of ****. That is my personal opinion of the guy, try not to get so offended.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 01:28 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I agree that his comments we're wrong but yours were also, he has t he right to say whatever he wants to say on this board. Eventhough the rest of us feel truly saddened he has a reason to feel the way that he does, and he isnt saying something untruthful. We need to let people talk without getting so offended and understand someone's personal opinion instead of taking pride to our own. If thats the way he feels, than thats the way he feels, nothing anyone can do about it.</p>

Alright, so going by what you just posted to me, he has the right to say that Sean Taylor was a piece of **** because that's his opinion so why don't I have the same right? He's given his reasons as to why he thinks Taylor is a piece of **** and I gave my reasons as to why I think Smoovej15 is a piece of ****. That is my personal opinion of the guy, try not to get so offended.

Exactly....................just like I have the right to think you're a moron.

djready711Giants!
11-27-2007, 01:33 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Because I offended you, right? Lol, just like I have the right to think you're a hypocrite.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 01:36 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Because I offended you, right? Lol, just like I have the right to think you're a hypocrite.

Offednded ME???? I'm not the least bit offended by anything ANYONE has said. You're a moron because the big stink you made about somenone else's opinion being offensive, then told someone ELSE not to be so offended.

You really aren't very bright, are you?

Markroman
11-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Stop fighting and name calling you idiots, morons and hypocrites.</P>

By the way...who is calling me paranoid????[*-)]</P>

FBomb
11-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Stop fighting and name calling you idiots, morons and hypocrites.</p>

By the way...who is calling me paranoid????[*-)]</p>

I am.

djready711Giants!
11-27-2007, 01:45 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Offednded ME???? I'm not the least bit offended by anything ANYONE has said. You're a moron because the big stink you made about somenone else's opinion being offensive, then told someone ELSE not to be so offended.

I told that person not to be so offended to show the guy that it goes both ways. I did find Smoovej15's comment to be offensive and voiced my opinion as to why I thought that way. You say that you are the least bit offended by anything ANYONE has said but you felt the need to call me a moron for what I posted, hence the reason I called you a hypocrite. You are actually the one that isn't being too bright.

ShockeyTime
11-27-2007, 01:48 PM
This is Crazy!!!!! in his own house!!!!! Now We know Nothing in regards to this case &amp; Probably will Never truly know the Honest truth of what occured, Robbery?? Retribution, or just STUPID stuff that happens in todays Effed up society. Hell here in denver the broncos db got shot over an arguement between supposed disrespect betweeen gangs &amp; someones shoes stepped on!!!!! WTF has the world come to??????????</P>

Now I Don't think that Taylor could've done anything to rise to the level of action that happened to him &amp; I'm not saying therewas such a prior event, I'm just saying that at friggin 24 years old, You should'nt have someone shoot you &amp; kill you in your own house.....</P>

As to you are who you keep your company with comment. This can be True &amp; Untrue. I Did'nt know the guy &amp; I - We do know he had a prior weapon charge but again that means Nothing till this is sorted out &amp; Truth be told We probably will Never know the Actual truth as one of the parties ie sean taylor Sadly died....</P>

Now this may sound crazy but I Hope it is a random act &amp; that nothing he did be it a big thing or minor, had an outcome in his dearh because it will only hurt his image more &amp; his poor kid has to grow up without a father like many kids sadly do, but to hear his lifestyle &amp; attitude attributed to it, then that's gonna suck....</P>

I Hope they catch this P O S that shot him &amp; derrant williams here in denver because animals like that deserve to be removed from the earth..</P>

To the Poster who mentioned the Soldier in iraq, You're 100% Correct &amp; Those men n women get forgotten. football is just a stupid game when alls said n done but putting your life on the line for your country &amp; having a sports star held up on a pedastool is wrong, atheletes are good people but they are'nt Heroes like our military are...</P>

FBomb
11-27-2007, 01:49 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I told that person not to be so offended to show the guy that it goes both ways. I did find Smoovej15's comment to be offensive and voiced my opinion as to why I thought that way. You say that you are the least bit offended by anything ANYONE has said but you felt the need to call me a moron for what I posted, hence the reason I called you a hypocrite. You are actually the one that isn't being to bright.

So, laughing at the irony of someone's post NOW means I'm offended by them? LOL..........we're reaching new levels of moron today.

NewCoachPlz
11-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Very sad and tragic death of a young man and a talented football player. My your soul rest in peace. Condolences to the Taylor family. Just unfortunate.[:(]

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 01:51 PM
read this ESPN ARTICLE about how hes matured....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3129417

FBomb
11-27-2007, 01:53 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&amp;id=3129417

I've already read it..............if he was a changed man then good for him. It's sad for the his child and his mother. I still can't help but think (based on the few facts we already know) that this was something coming back to haunt him.

smoovej15
11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Thx Fbomb!</P>

</P>

I started it. Its my fault. </P>

So how bout those Gmen. Naa jk</P>

I am extremely interested to hear the rest of the story as the facts come to light.</P>

JustinDavid86
11-27-2007, 01:59 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&amp;id=3129417

I've already read it..............if he was a changed man then good for him. It's sad for the his child and his mother. I still can't help but think (based on the few facts we already know) that this was something coming back to haunt him.

Someone was absolutely out to get him, just look at the knife they placed on his bed the week prior.

I agree with you FBomb, even though I don't think it's justified, he had something coming to him - otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

djready711Giants!
11-27-2007, 02:19 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I told that person not to be so offended to show the guy that it goes both ways. I did find Smoovej15's comment to be offensive and voiced my opinion as to why I thought that way. You say that you are the least bit offended by anything ANYONE has said but you felt the need to call me a moron for what I posted, hence the reason I called you a hypocrite. You are actually the one that isn't being to bright.

So, laughing at the irony of someone's post NOW means I'm offended by them? LOL..........we're reaching new levels of moron today.

Actually, it was the irony that I was trying to point out when I told that guy not to be so offended. He felt the need to tell me to not be so offended by what someone says, and that Smoovej15 has a right to call Sean Taylor a piece of ****. So in turn, I tell BigBlu397 not to be so offended that I called Smoovej15 a piece of **** because going by what he posted to me, I also have every right to voice my opinion. Can you not see the irony?

You tell me to relax because I called Smoovej15 a piece of **** for his comments. Later, you call me a moron for mine. There's some more irony for you.

When you say we're reaching new levels of moron today, is somebody else helping you type your comments?

NJBLUEBLOOD
11-27-2007, 02:20 PM
I respect the fact he was trying to change but let's not forget some of the reasons he was changing. He was on probation so if he didn't change his act, he'd go toprison and lose millions. Maybe it's the daily headlines of a young man being gunned down that has numbed me to the point of insensitivity??? I don't know, it's a little bit messed up but that's the world we are living in. I do feel bad for his family and friends but I positively believe in karma.</P>

1 lesson to take from this.....life is short so enjoy it people. Treat people the way you like to be treated.</P>

Harooni
11-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I respect the fact he was trying to change but let's not forget some of the reasons he was changing. He was on probation so if he didn't change his act, he'd go toprison and lose millions. Maybe it's the daily headlines of a young man being gunned down that has numbed me to the point of insensitivity??? I don't know, it's a little bit messed up but that's the world we are living in. I do feel bad for his family and friends but I positively believe in karma.</p>

1 lesson to take from this.....life is short so enjoy it people. Treat people the way you like to be treated.</p>
well what about the people who died or got murdered that lead a good life or babies, they didnt do anything wrong so how did karma get them?

NJBLUEBLOOD
11-27-2007, 02:34 PM
life stinks some times harooni......see #3</P>

<SPAN class=me minmax_bound="true">kar·ma</SPAN> <SPAN class=pronset minmax_bound="true"><FONT color=#116699>http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/premium.gif http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png</FONT><FONT color=#116699>http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif</FONT> (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&amp;u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.referenc e.com%2Fbrowse%2Fkarma)<FONT color=#116699></FONT><SPAN class=show_ipapr style="DISPLAY: none" minmax_bound="true"><FONT color=#880000><SPAN class=prondelim minmax_bound="true"><FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">/</FONT></SPAN><SPAN class=pron minmax_bound="true">'k?rhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngm?</SPAN><SPAN class=prondelim minmax_bound="true"><FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">/</FONT></SPAN></FONT><FONT color=#116699> </FONT><A class=pronlink onmouseover="status='Click for pronunciation key';return true;" title="Click for pronunciation key" onclick="pk = window.open('/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html', 'PronunciationKey','height=700,width=560,left=0,to p=0,resizable,scrollbars');if(pk){pk.focus();}" onmouseout="status='';return true;" minmax_bound="true"><U><FONT color=#116699 size=2>Pronunciation Key</FONT></U></A><SPAN class=pron_toggle style="DISPLAY: inline" minmax_bound="true"><SPAN class=prondelim minmax_bound="true"><FONT face="Arial Unicode MS" color=#880000> - </FONT></SPAN><A class=pronlink onmouseover="status='Click to toggle pronunciation';return true;" title="Click to show spelled pronunciation" onclick=javascript:show_sp() onmouseout="status='';return true;" minmax_bound="true"><U><FONT color=#116699 size=2>Show Spelled Pronunciation</FONT></U></A></SPAN></SPAN><SPAN class=show_spellpr style="DISPLAY: inline" minmax_bound="true"><FONT color=#880000><SPAN class=prondelim minmax_bound="true"><FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">[</FONT></SPAN><SPAN class=pron minmax_bound="true"><FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana><B minmax_bound="true">kahr[/B]-m<I minmax_bound="true">uh[/I]</FONT></FONT></SPAN><SPAN class=prondelim minmax_bound="true"><FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">]</FONT></SPAN></FONT><FONT color=#116699> </FONT><A class=pronlink onmouseover="status='Click for pronunciation key';return true;" title="Click for pronunciation key" onclick="pk = window.open('/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html', 'PronunciationKey','height=700,width=560,left=0,to p=0,resizable,scrollbars');if(pk){pk.focus();}" onmouseout="status='';return true;" minmax_bound="true"><U><FONT color=#116699 size=2>Pronunciation Key</FONT></U></A><SPAN class=pron_toggle style="DISPLAY: inline" minmax_bound="true"><SPAN class=prondelim minmax_bound="true"><FONT face="Arial Unicode MS" color=#880000> - </FONT></SPAN><A class=pronlink onmouseover="status='Click to toggle pronunciation';return true;" title="Click to show IPA pronunciation" onclick=javascript:show_ip() onmouseout="status='';return true;" minmax_bound="true"><U><FONT color=#116699 size=2>Show IPA Pronunciation</FONT></U></A></SPAN></SPAN><FONT color=#116699> </FONT></SPAN></P>
<DIV class=body minmax_bound="true"><SPAN class=pg minmax_bound="true"><FONT color=#558811>–noun </FONT></SPAN>
<TABLE class=luna-Ent minmax_bound="true">
<TBODY minmax_bound="true">
<TR minmax_bound="true">
<TD class=dn vAlign=top minmax_bound="true">1.</TD>
<TD vAlign=top minmax_bound="true"><SPAN class=labset minmax_bound="true"><SPAN class=ital-inline minmax_bound="true">Hinduism,</SPAN> <SPAN class=ital-inline minmax_bound="true">Buddhism</SPAN>. </SPAN>action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman. <SPAN minmax_bound="true">Compare <FONT color=#116699>bhakti</FONT> (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=bhakti) <SPAN class=dn minmax_bound="true">(def. 1)</SPAN>, <FONT color=#116699>jnana.</FONT> (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=jnana)</SPAN> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TR minmax_bound="true">
<TD class=dn vAlign=top minmax_bound="true">2.</TD>
<TD vAlign=top minmax_bound="true"><SPAN class=labset minmax_bound="true"><SPAN class=ital-inline minmax_bound="true">Theosophy</SPAN>. </SPAN>the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TR minmax_bound="true">
<TD class=dn vAlign=top minmax_bound="true">3.</TD>
<TD vAlign=top minmax_bound="true">fate; destiny. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TR minmax_bound="true">
<TD class=dn vAlign=top minmax_bound="true">4.</TD>
<TD vAlign=top minmax_bound="true">the good or bad emanations felt to be generated by someone or something. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>

</P>

FBomb
11-27-2007, 02:38 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Actually, it was the irony that I was trying to point out when I told that guy not to be so offended. He felt the need to tell me to not be so offended by what someone says, and that Smoovej15 has a right to call Sean Taylor a piece of ****. So in turn, I tell BigBlu397 not to be so offended that I called Smoovej15 a piece of **** because going by what he posted to me, I also have every right to voice my opinion. Can you not see the irony?

You tell me to relax because I called Smoovej15 a piece of **** for his comments. Later, you call me a moron for mine. There's some more irony for you.

When you say we're reaching new levels of moron today, is somebody else helping you type your comments?

If you were being ironic on purpose, how was one to know? Your tantrum over someone's opinion certainly didn't lead anyone to think you were being ironic to make a point.

I told you to relax BECAUSE you were so offended by his opinion. It had nothing to do with your namecalling.

My comments have nothing to do with irony. Maybe you should look up it's definition.

Again. if you were being ironic on purpose, then the "moron" comment is taken back. However, all of your posts to ME don't exactly help change my opinion of your intellect.

GrandRapidsG-Man
11-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Even if the guy did have bad reputation, the dude had a kid. All the parents on this message board should know how one kid can change a persons life. I'm praying for his family because right now they are the ones that are suffering the most from this tragety.

RIP sean

djready711Giants!
11-27-2007, 03:15 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

If you were being ironic on purpose, how was one to know? Your tantrum over someone's opinion certainly didn't lead anyone to think you were being ironic to make a point.

I told you to relax BECAUSE you were so offended by his opinion. It had nothing to do with your namecalling.

My comments have nothing to do with irony. Maybe you should look up it's definition.

Again. if you were being ironic on purpose, then the "moron" comment is taken back. However, all of your posts to ME don't exactly help change my opinion of your intellect.

One would only have to read my comment to know that I was pointing out
the irony. My "tantrum" was in response to someone's comment that I
found offensive. You said that, "anyone who is offended by what someone
says on a message board is an idiot", but I believe your statement is
idiotic. This is a sensitive subject, I don't care where we are, people
will find these types of comments offensive. I criticized someone for
their thoughts on something and you did the same, which is by
definition, ironic. By the way, I could give a rat's *** about your
opinion on my intellect, lol.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 03:26 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Right.............that's why you responded to me calling you a moron.

I didn't criticize you for your opinion. I told you to relax because you were so "offended" that you told someone to not post his opinion on a public MB. Irony had nothing to do with my comments.

I called you a moron becasue I thought you were being hypocritcal. Again, your tantrum was misleading. Just because YOU knew you were being ironic to make a point, doesn't mean you expressed it well.

It deosn't matter if you get offended by someone's opinion.............they have the right to say it. If you're offended by someone's opinion of a football player who is in no way related to you..............that's on you.

bigjeep
11-27-2007, 03:27 PM

Ok..........if Bigjeep agrees, I MUST be wrong. Taylor was an angel.
</P>

</P>

[:O]</P>

julez
11-27-2007, 03:32 PM
<h2>this is what the giants had to say about Sean Taylor
</h2><h2>-- Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey</h2>

"I first got to know Sean in college when he came in as a freshman and
I was in my last year at Miami. He came in with Kellen Winslow.
</p>

"He was kind of a wild child, like myself, but life changed for Sean after he had his baby girl.
</p>

"Fatherhood really changed him. He grew up and matured. That
baby (daughter Jackie) had transformed his life. Working out with him
during the offseason, I witnessed a change.
</p>

"You could see it like night and day. I feel so bad for the family."
</p>

</p><h2>-- Giants wide receiver Sinorice Moss:</h2>

"It's a tough time for me right now. Sean was really like a brother
to me. We were classmates and teammates at UM and he was a guy that
just loved football and loved being around his friends.
</p>

"I feel for his family. I know his dad real well, and I feel
for his baby girl. He was so proud of his little girl, and it's just so
sad that he's no longer here and won't be able to see her grow up.
</p>

"The whole UM family is hurting right now. My prayers go out to his family because they are going to need our support."
</p>

</p>

condolences to ST's family
</p>

thegreatone
11-27-2007, 03:44 PM
as a miami fan this has hit me hard. hell i was hoping we drafted him
before "the trade" went down.Wether or not he was a "saint" doesnt mean
a flying pigs arse to me. he was a good football player and a father.
most importantly he was a human being whose life was cut short.

oh by the way let me catch somebody stealing my ish and see if i dont
pistol whip them. at least he showed some restraint and didnt shoot the
guy.

RIP Sean

FBomb
11-27-2007, 03:48 PM

guy.

RIP Sean

Right...................let me catch someone hitting me during a football game and see if I don't spit in thier faces. He was a class act.

GORGOROTH
11-27-2007, 03:52 PM

RIP Sean Taylor.
You of all people, you get into heated debates with people to the point where you take it personal and hateful.

djready711Giants!
11-27-2007, 03:54 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I didn't criticize you for your opinion. I told you to relax because you were so "offended" that you told someone to not post his opinion on a public MB. Irony had nothing to do with my comments.

I called you a moron becasue I thought you were being hypocritcal. Again, your tantrum was misleading. Just because YOU knew you were being ironic to make a point, doesn't mean you expressed it well.

It deosn't matter if you get offended by someone's opinion.............they have the right to say it. If you're offended by someone's opinion of a football player who is in no way related to you..............that's on you.

I never told you that you couldn't feel that way when I responded to your comment.

I'm finished trying to show you the irony in your comments, if you can't see it or understand what irony means, then you'll have to learn that later on with someone else's teachings. By the way, I never told him not to post his comments on a public message board, I questioned why he would post them though, especially the way he said them given the time frame of the situation.

I am not questioning anybody's right to a certain opinion but I do have the right to have my own of someone and the right to judge and challenge a person's opinions, correct?

thegreatone
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM

guy.

RIP Sean

Right...................let me catch someone
hitting me during a football game and see if I don't spit in thier
faces. He was a class act.

eh it happens

FBomb
11-27-2007, 03:59 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

<font color="#ff0000" size="5">I never told you that you couldn't feel that way when I responded to your comment. </font>

I'm finished trying to show you the irony in your comments, if you can't see it or understand what irony means, then you'll have to learn that later on with someone else's teachings. By the way, I never told him not to post his comments on a public message board, I questioned why he would post them though, especially the way he said them given the time frame of the situation.

I am not questioning anybody's right to a certain opinion but I do have the right to have my own of someone and the right to judge and challenge a person's opinions, correct?

A......Either you missed my point all together (which I'm starting to think)or you don't know what irony is. Either way, you're wrong.

B.....Questioning WHY someone would express thier opinion about something, and in the MANNER in which you questioned it is the same as "Keep your opinion to yourself because it offends me". You should go back a re-read your own reactions.

<font color="#ff0000" size="5">I'm not sure what THAT is in response to</font>.

GiantBlitz21
11-27-2007, 04:06 PM
I will truly miss watching one of the best safties in the NFL play and i hope Justice come through on this one. I will truley miss you Sean Taylor you were a great football player but more important a guy chaning his life for better and is a great guy. All my prays go out to the Taylor family mostly the mother and father and daughter and wife </P>

R.I.P Sean Taylor It was time for you to enter the pearly white gates of heaven.</P>

djready711Giants!
11-27-2007, 04:13 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

<font color="#ff0000" size="5">I never told you that you couldn't feel that way when I responded to your comment. </font>

A......Either you missed my point all together (which I'm starting to think)or you don't know what irony is. Either way, you're wrong.

B.....Questioning WHY someone would express thier opinion about something, and in the MANNER in which you questioned it is the same as "Keep your opinion to yourself because it offends me". You should go back a re-read your own reactions.

I was just thinking the same thing, you really need to go back and re-read our whole discussion. I think you lost track of what you are trying to argue. I don't have the ability to prevent the guy from posting a comment but I can still question why someone would post a comment like that. Just answer me, do I have the right to question someone's opinion and judge it? Do I have the right to question why someone would post such a comment as his on a public message board when it more than likely will offend people? You call me an idiot because I was offended by his comment and questioned his intentions, and you don't see the irony in that? You are the one that is wrong and that is a fact.

RIGIANTS3547
11-27-2007, 04:17 PM
say a prayer for his family, who is suffering today as a result of their loss!

NYG 5
11-27-2007, 04:19 PM
i wish we made threadsto support a soldier killed overseas the same as we do for some player who probably owed the guy drug money.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 04:24 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I was just thinking the same thing, you really need to go back and re-read our whole discussion. I think you lost track of what you are trying to argue. I don't have the ability to prevent the guy from posting a comment but I can still question why someone would post a comment like that. Just answer me, do I have the right to question someone's opinion and judge it? Do I have the right to question why someone would post such a comment as his on a public message board when it more than likely will offend people? You call me an idiot because I was offended by his comment and questioned his intentions, and you don't see the irony in that? You are the one that is wrong and that is a fact.

Yes you DO have the right to question it, as he did the right to say it.

Let me dumb down HOW it's not irony..............I think it's stupid for anyone to be offended by anyones opinion on a MB, ESPECIALLY when it's about someone you have absolutely nothing to do with. Had you been related to him, I could see it. You're not, so it's stupid to be offended by it. However, just because I find it stupid, doesn't mean I was offended by it. Now, if I were offended by your being offended................THEN it would be irony.

I never lost track of my arguement. My arguemnet hasn't changed.....................hopefully your understanding of it has.

Jay_Da_Giants_Fan
11-27-2007, 04:24 PM
RIP Sean Taylor...Great young player in the league...my heart goes out to his family.</P>

Sugarbear
11-27-2007, 04:25 PM
GO TO OPRAH!

FBomb
11-27-2007, 04:26 PM
P.S.............If we are going to continue this discussion, let's not quote the past ones. It's getting ridiculously long.

jcgiants10
11-27-2007, 04:30 PM
hell of a player, RIP

Cowboys07
11-27-2007, 04:34 PM
We need more guns on the street. Talk about sensless.</p>

It's an absolutely horrible tragedy. RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

But what good would taking guns off the streets do? All it would do is make it so only criminals have guns, while the innocent are completely unarmed. You know criminals will find a way to obtain guns no matter what. It would be naive to think differently.

Markroman
11-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Great the gun nut club is out....</P>

What does this have to do with that issue????</P>

Moderator_J
11-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Its amazing that such a sad occasion can bring out so much venom between people. After reading the majority of this thread, I'm ashamed to be lumped in with some of you as a Giants fan</P>

A young man lost his life, and whether or not it had something to do with his past or not, he was still a human being with a family who loved him and football fans who respected his talents, myself among them. Turning this into a pissing match because you think your opinion is the only one that matters is deplorable and sad, and a handful of people won't be joining the conversations for a little while because of it. </P>

Grow up, folks, and please do it quickly. It doesn't matter that he was an NFL player. He was a 24 year old man with a family and he is no longer with them. Bottom line. If you don't feel any sympathy, that is your prerogative, but ripping the people who do feel for him and his family is flat out pathetic and the epitome of immaturity, and I daresay that you are in the minority. If you want to keep on your current course, I WILL be throwing some roadblocks in your path. </P>

mrsonsai
11-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Regardless of the causes or stimuli leading to Taylor's murder, it is a life that was lost. I hate to see ANYONE die, criminal or innocent. Life is one of the most precious things we possess and to take glory or even revel in the death or a person is barbaric.

If you don't care that Sean Taylor died, then don't voice an opinion. Give a human his or her respect.

If you think this is going to turn Sean Taylor into a hero overnight, then your vendetta is against the media -- not Sean. Sean Taylor was a man that many people could recognize; it only seems to make sense that he should be recognized nationally.

My condolences to the Taylor family and all those affected. God bless.

FBomb
11-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Whew..................I was just checking to see if I was lumped into this and got suspended.

BHeemsoth1
11-27-2007, 05:17 PM
"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns."

We'll never be able to take the guns off the street completely, it's not even worth debating.

Markroman
11-27-2007, 05:17 PM
What does this have to do with the Giants...?</P>

There are about 3 threads related to Taylor ongoing...General Sports...</P>

</P>

FBomb
11-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Regardless of the causes or stimuli leading to Taylor's murder, it is a life that was lost. I hate to see ANYONE die, criminal or innocent. Life is one of the most precious things we possess and to take glory or even revel in the death or a person is barbaric.

If you don't care that Sean Taylor died, then don't voice an opinion. Give a human his or her respect.

If you think this is going to turn Sean Taylor into a hero overnight, then your vendetta is against the media -- not Sean. Sean Taylor was a man that many people could recognize; it only seems to make sense that he should be recognized nationally.

My condolences to the Taylor family and all those affected. God bless.

I'll take each point as you posted.............

I've seen no one take glory or revel in this AT ALL.

Why shouldn't somone who has a differnet opinion, whether he cares or not, be able to express it? Censoring somone because you don't like thier opinion is un-American. As long as we are not breaking any of the code of conduct rules by giving it, it's fair game.

I ABSOLUTELY will take the media to task with the attention they will give to this story. ESPECIALLY if he's turned into a hero. Although, they may stop talking about SuperRomo for a while.

I have given my condolences to his mother and child. THEY are the deserving ones.

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Its amazing that such a sad occasion can bring out so much venom between people. After reading the majority of this thread, I'm ashamed to be lumped in with some of you as a Giants fan</P>

A young man lost his life, and whether or not it had something to do with his past or not, he was still a human being with a family who loved him and football fans who respected his talents, myself among them. Turning this into a pissing match because you think your opinion is the only one that matters is deplorable and sad, and a handful of people won't be joining the conversations for a little while because of it. </P>

Grow up, folks, and please do it quickly. It doesn't matter that he was an NFL player. He was a 24 year old man with a family and he is no longer with them. Bottom line. If you don't feel any sympathy, that is your prerogative, but ripping the people who do feel for him and his family is flat out pathetic and the epitome of immaturity, and I daresay that you are in the minority. If you want to keep on your current course, I WILL be throwing some roadblocks in your path. </P>

well said

Markroman
11-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Just read that Taylor kept a machete next to his bed for protection....and apparently picked it up to intercept the intruder.</P>

Holy smokes...protection from what?????</P>

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Just read that Taylor kept a machete next to his bed for protection....and apparently picked it up to intercept the intruder.</P>

man, did you see all the news articles that happened this year about NBA players houses getting broken into... my dad carries a gun too, its locked up, but he still has one. I can find you atleast 3 links to players houses getting broken into. Theres a pricetag that comes with fame, and sometimes people want what they cant have and are envious... therefore they breeak into rich peoples houses

Markroman
11-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Alarm systems. They are cheaper and safer.</P>

And when they go off...can scare the crap out of most burgulars!</P>

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 05:39 PM

theres also a way around them... that explains why homes still get broken into

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 05:41 PM

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/world_us/20070721_Skilled_burglars_hit_L_A__manses.html

read that

bigjeep
11-27-2007, 05:46 PM
[B]

Bighittz56
11-27-2007, 05:47 PM
My condolences to his family. It is always sad when a young man dies. This is getting much more press than I prefer, however. There is nothing but a small clip in the paper when one of our soldiers die, why does Sean Taylor get labeled a hero?

Also, there is something funny about all this. Someone justs bursts into their bedroom and fires off shots? Everyone is thinking it. I'm just saying it.

giantotherness
11-27-2007, 05:54 PM
My condolences to his family. It is always sad when a young man dies. This is getting much more press than I prefer, however. There is nothing but a small clip in the paper when one of our soldiers die, why does Sean Taylor get labeled a hero?

Also, there is something funny about all this. Someone justs bursts into their bedroom and fires off shots? Everyone is thinking it. I'm just saying it.

The wife did it cause she found out about his girlfriend (true rumor).....he did not travel with the team cause of his knee injury.....isn't funny how things MAY have transpired had he not been there......hmmmmmm

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 05:57 PM

The wife did it cause she found out about his girlfriend (true rumor).....he did not travel with the team cause of his knee injury.....isn't funny how things MAY have transpired had he not been there......hmmmmmm

thats a rumor, and btw he has a fiance, not a wife. so your saying if he didnt get hurt in a nfl game, he'd still be alive?

DaBlueHornet
11-27-2007, 06:01 PM

</P>

Careful what you say now............................what is the scource of this rumor you speak of?</P>

</P>

Bighittz56
11-27-2007, 06:02 PM

And the fiance, who was in the same room, and child are unharmed? Fiance says she was "hiding under the covers."

giants86/56
11-27-2007, 06:02 PM
all the conspiracy theories are a joke. Is it possibale that he put the machete under his bed as a result of the recent break in for saftey? Is it possiable that the intruder did not know they were home and were running to the room where the safe was and surprise when the door is kicked in there is a man with a HUGE knife so the intruder freaks and shoots him and takes off running? The alrm could have been disabled as a result of not having the phone connected or up and running. The lines were not cut, but the phone was disconnected. Point is no one knows for sure what happened, or if this is at all related to his past which really is notso sketchy that it would result in a "hit" as so many are claming happened. It is not like his past is "pacman" jones or anything. By all accounts he was changing for the better. Let the man have his peace.

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
all the conspiracy theories are a joke.* Is it possibale that he put the machete under his bed as a result of the recent break in for saftey?* Is it possiable that the intruder did not know they were home and were running to the room where the safe was and surprise when the door is kicked in there is a man with a HUGE knife so the intruder freaks and shoots him and takes off running?* The alrm could have been disabled as a result of not having the phone connected or up and running.* The lines were not cut, but the phone was disconnected.* Point is no one knows for sure what happened, or if this is at all related to his past which really is not*so sketchy that it would result in a "hit" as so many are claming happened.* It is not like his past is "pacman" jones or anything.* By all accounts he was changing for the better.* Let the man have his peace.****

very good post

DaBlueHornet
11-27-2007, 06:11 PM

</P>

Thats wierd that you say that. Today i was thinking about how personal a groin shot is. I mean a burglar would shoot where most criminals capable of murder would. The upper body. Its a bigger target. But a woman........a woman would shoot ya in the groin if another woman were involved. Then she said she didnt see the intruder because her head was under the covers. You hit the floor if someones shooting, not pull covers over your head. What good do covers do against bullets It'sall a little odd to me. Im waiting on the coming week's maybe even days to see this unfold. I gotta feeling it's not going to be as simple as a robbery gone bad. </P>

giants86/56
11-27-2007, 06:14 PM
The report is they heard the intruders and sean told her to get under the coversand he locked the door to the room. THe door was kicked in and then he was shot.not that she went under the covers when the shooting started.Sounds to me like the guy just freaked and shot twice. Missed one and hit one. If the intention was to hit him in the groin area they would have to be a good shot and they missed one shot completly.Sounds like a man trying to protect his family to me and a scared mom protecting her child under the covers.</P>

Sharpstein said Taylor's girlfriend, Jackie Garcia, told him the couple was awakened by loud noises. Taylor told Garcia to get under the covers while he grabbed a machete that he kept for protection underneath his bed, Sharpstein said, according to the Miami Herald. As Garcia cuddled with the couple's infant, someone then broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor, Sharpstein said. Taylor's 1-year-old daughter, Jackie, was also in the house, but neither she nor Taylor's girlfriend was injured.--foxsports.com</P>

fan since fran
11-27-2007, 06:29 PM
F-Bomb and that other guy are starting to take up a really lot of space.

JerseyGiant21
11-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Just read that Taylor kept a machete next to his bed for protection....and apparently picked it up to intercept the intruder.</p>

Holy smokes...protection from what?????</p>

My 62 year old mother keeps a big old cleaver under my parents mattress....and their house has an alarm system.......

ShockeyTime
11-27-2007, 08:41 PM

</P>

&gt;
If That's True, Then Yeah that's Crazy!!!!!! I Gotta ask, With All of his $$$$$$ He could'nt afford to buy Excellent security &amp; Fences,Cameras &amp; Doors, Locks, Windows &amp; ALARMS!!!!!!! or even the so called watch dogs/pit bulls players seem to like???? &amp; Lastly a machete????? Sounds dumb but if he was worried like it supposedly sounds??? Yeah I'd have something a lot better &amp; Kill on the spot like a M16, a Shotgun or whatever he wanted..</P>

I Think the biggest mistake the guy made was security!!!!!!! &amp; Home Protection, This if true?? Dumbfounds me to why he did'nt have these things.. I'm sorry he is gone due to some P O S..</P>

BJacobs27
11-27-2007, 08:51 PM

</P>

>
*If That's True, Then Yeah that's Crazy!!!!!!* I Gotta ask, With All of his $$$$$$ He could'nt afford to buy Excellent security & Fences,*Cameras & Doors, Locks, Windows & ALARMS!!!!!!! or even the so called watch dogs/pit bulls players seem to like???? & Lastly a machete????? Sounds dumb but if he was worried like it supposedly sounds??? Yeah I'd have something a lot better* & Kill on the spot like a M16, a Shotgun or whatever he wanted..</P>

I Think the biggest mistake the guy made was security!!!!!!! & Home Protection, This if true?? Dumbfounds me to why he did'nt have these things.. I'm sorry he is gone due to some P O S..</P>

those guns are illegal, and im not sure if you can get certain ones legally if you have a criminal record.. so Sean Taylor was doing the legal and safe thing... can you imagine if sean taylor shot the 2 guys dead how much controversy it would bring?

NJGenerals
11-27-2007, 09:41 PM
My condolences to his family...

kdizzle
11-27-2007, 09:52 PM
He has past and for that I am sad. Any life, regardless of age, it is sad. Life is to short as it is!

AZG1ANT
11-27-2007, 09:56 PM
We've lost a great player as fans of the game. I liked the kid because he never ran his mouth, he just played football and played it well. My prayers go out to him and his family.

RIP
Sean Taylor

UmenYiourAnIdiot
11-27-2007, 10:37 PM
this is a sad day for football. but in situations like hese, people usually bring violence upon themselves by either bringin violence upon someone who seeks revenge, or by associating themselves with degenerates. noone deserves to be killed ofcourse, but it can always be avoided by keeping your nose clean, and not having that "thug life" attitude which too many professional athletes carry. they bring this upon themselves and for anyone to disagree shows signs of ignorance. wanna be a thug? this is what happens</P>

RIP Sean....sad to see ya go</P>

JerseyGiants3
11-27-2007, 11:24 PM
RIP

DeeDeeBarber
11-27-2007, 11:42 PM
I have given my condolences to his mother and child. THEY are the deserving ones.

It's one thing to have an opinion. It's quite another to have obnoxiously arrogant moral judgments.

You don't know the man. Like I said, the mistakes of youth can not be used to judge who a man is or may become.

You seriously disrespect any notion of death being a tragedy in any form. Your even more obnoxious reply to my comment shows just how lightly you treat the subject, because you feel you have some kind of higher moral ground to shout down from.

Unless you've been ordained to be some kind of messiah I don't see why your "opinion" is "fact" or any type of legitimate moral judgement. You don't really know this guy, you just purport what you heard about him from the past. For all you know, he could've become a good father to his child after she was born and tried to protect his family from any dangers that were lurking for him.

FBomb and others who choose to bash Taylor for the kind of person he is- unless you were prosecuting his actions, were the victim of his actions, or in any other way were directly involved with Taylor for the last 2 years of his life, what evidence do you have that Taylor "Deserved" to die?

How can you consider yourself a moral human being and say someone deserves to die without even really knowing who that person is?

FBomb keeps lambasting the media for memorializing Taylor, even though they probably have more facts before them (interviewing family, friends, and teammates) than he does as to Taylor's character.

I trust them 100x over before a random message board poster who believes he can become Jerry Falwell to the Giants.com masses.