PDA

View Full Version : Combine Bets

juice33s
02-19-2012, 07:07 PM
With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
Kuechly > Burfict (> means better time)
Fleener > Allen
Lamar Miller > Richardson
RG3> all RB's except Rainey, Demps and Lamichael James

Feel free to add some other interesting head to heads in any event

One more.....Montana's Trumaine Johnson will emerge as the best overall athlete of the cornerbacks

lawl
02-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Demps is gonna run track last I heard and not go pro

juice33s
02-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I forgot he was training for the Olympics, but I think theres still a chance he'll play in the NFL

jhamburg
02-19-2012, 08:41 PM
With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
Fleener > Allen

One more.....Montana's Trumaine Johnson will emerge as the best overall athlete of the cornerbacks

Seems like a bold prediction with Kuechly vs. Burfict, isn't Burfict projected in the 4.5's and Kuechly in the 4.7's?

juice33s
02-19-2012, 08:54 PM

Better 40 time:
Fleener > Allen

Seems like a bold prediction with Kuechly vs. Burfict, isn't Burfict projected in the 4.5's and Kuechly in the 4.7's?
I just call em how i see em. IMO Kuechly's athleticism is under rated while Burficts is over rated. All of Kuechly's production can't just be from "great instincts", while Burficts lack there of, can't be from just "poor instincts".

lawl
02-19-2012, 09:59 PM

Better 40 time:
Fleener > Allen

I just call em how i see em. IMO Kuechly's athleticism is under rated while Burficts is over rated. All of Kuechly's production can't just be from "great instincts", while Burficts lack there of, can't be from just "poor instincts".

Why not? Look at martez Wilson last year

juice33s
02-19-2012, 10:20 PM

Better 40 time:
Fleener > Allen

Why not? Look at martez Wilson last year Wilson had 100+ tackles and 4 sacks as a senior....but its not just that, imo Kuechly appears to have the body type (ripped up) of an explosive athlete more so then Burfict. Also his tape shows a guy who plays alot faster then given credit for.

Also keep in mind that Kuechly is about 15 pounds lighter then Burfict which certainly plays a factor too

BlueSanta
02-20-2012, 01:12 AM
Yeah, I forgot he was training for the Olympics, but I think theres still a chance he'll play in the NFL

In the paper where I live he is quoted as saying he is done with football.

BlueSanta
02-20-2012, 03:03 AM
I agree that Kuechly will do better than most think at the combine. I do not however, know if he will do better then VB at the 40.

Some things I think will happen and some others I want to see.

-David Wilson will run very fast. As will LaMichael James. In fact, the Rb group as a whole will do well. I think Darrell Scott of USF could also put up some crazy numbers in a lot of areas considering his size. Obviously, Chris Rainey is a pre combine favorite for best 40 time. Chris Polk reportedly looked slow during the senior bowl week, I am anxious to see if he can prove some people wrong.

- Zach Brown is going to run a lightning fast 40, and because of it the boards will explode with people who want him, even if his tape isnt that good.

- Dontari Poe(DT/NT Memphis) - The strength coach at his school is roaring about how strong this kid has become in the weight room since stepping on campus. For a guy to be that vocal prior to the combine, I expect pretty good things.

- I will be anxious to see if Dwayne Allen is actually 6'4 as well as how long his arms are. He needs those numbers to be considered a pick for us at 32 imho. I will also be interested in Fleener's 10 yard split because I do think he can be sluggish off the LoS at times. I will also be interested in what people think of his frame. I have read his leg size/ strength is a concern. I think this matters a great deal if he is to be a consideration for us at 32.

- I am looking at what shape Alshon Jeffrey comes to the combine. There are conflicting reports on this. He is a kid who does seem to get too large for his uniform at times, so I think his draft status hinges on his fitness level.

- If I had to pick positions that will do the best, I would say Rb and DE. I see some DEs who will be fast(coples, Jones, Marcilus) and some who will be strong and powerful(Ingram and Upshaw.)

- There are some mammoth guards coming out this year. I want to see if they have some athleticism to go with their size. We need interior line help, as well as Tackle help and our guards need to be able to move a bit.

I am sure I will think of more.

juice33s
02-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Here's my order of 40 times (from best to worst) of 3 potential 1st round receivers:
Sanu, Blackmon, Floyd

slipknottin
02-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Fleener not participating in the combine.

tonyt830
02-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Fleener not participating in the combine.any reason given? Is he hurt? Or is he just waiting for his pro day?

slipknottin
02-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Fleener not participating in the combine.any reason given?* Is he hurt?* Or is he just waiting for his pro day?

injured his ankle at the fiesta bowl. Said he wanted to participate in the senior bowl as well.

Says he is running now, but just hasent had the time to prepare for the combine, should be a full go at his proday however.

tonyt830
02-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Fleener not participating in the combine.any reason given? Is he hurt? Or is he just waiting for his pro day? injured his ankle at the fiesta bowl. Said he wanted to participate in the senior bowl as well. Says he is running now, but just hasent had the time to prepare for the combine, should be a full go at his proday however.Thanks slip, I appreciate the update!

juice33s
02-20-2012, 02:11 PM
225lb bench press
Trent Richardson > then any other RB of the past 6 years (NFL.com only goes back to 2006 with Shane Vereens 31 being the top mark)

critters
02-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Trent will set records on the bench. Josh Chapman out of Alabama may be a guy to watch on the bench as well. He was rated (along with Trent) as being one of the top 5 strongest players in college football.

GGTM_1977
02-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Disappointing........just saw a video from nfl.com that said the top WR picks may at best run around a 5.00 40 time. So there will be some good WRs, but they will be slow, like TE slow.

juice33s
02-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Disappointing........just saw a video from nfl.com that said the top WR picks may at best run around a 5.00 40 time. So there will be some good WRs, but they will be slow, like TE slow.
Thats highly doubtful, for reference Eli ran I believe a 4.9

heavyhitter
02-20-2012, 05:30 PM
225lb bench press
Trent Richardson > then any other RB of the past 6 years (NFL.com only goes back to 2006 with Shane Vereens 31 being the top mark)
<font size="2">I think Richardson could EASILY top that mark if he really wants to. Anybody who knows anything on him, knows he's a beast in the weight room.</font>

smashndash715
02-20-2012, 05:36 PM
if we are talking 40 time..how about zach brown from north carolina...he is a linebacker and will have a better 40 time then the big name receivers coming out except maybe kendall wright for baylor

slipknottin
02-20-2012, 05:38 PM

Are you sure they didnt say 4.5s?

smashndash715
02-20-2012, 05:44 PM

u definitely misheard what they said..thats not even close to accurate

heavyhitter
02-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Disappointing........just saw a video from nfl.com that said the <font size="4">top WR picks may at best run around a 5.00 40 time</font>. So there will be some good WRs, but they will be slow, like TE slow.<font size="2">Defensive Tackles can run a 5 second 40. I don't think a WR (any WR) has ever ran a 5 second 40. You saw how much heat Alshon Jeffrey was taking for allegedly running a 4.88 40, right.</font>

heavyhitter
02-20-2012, 06:13 PM
I agree that Kuechly will do better than most think at the combine. I do not however, know if he will do better then VB at the 40.

-David Wilson will run very fast. As will LaMichael James. In fact, the Rb group as a whole will do well. I think Darrell Scott of USF could also put up some crazy numbers in a lot of areas considering his size. Obviously, Chris Rainey is a pre combine favorite for best 40 time. Chris Polk reportedly looked slow during the senior bowl week, I am anxious to see if he can prove some people wrong.

- Zach Brown is going to run a lightning fast 40, and because of it the boards will explode with people who want him, even if his tape isnt that good.
<font size="2">Don't sleep on small school stud T.Y. Hilton (WR, FIU). He's a blazer, and could run in the 4.3 range.</font>

slipknottin
02-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Think Rich Eisen breaks 6.0 this year?

GGTM_1977
02-20-2012, 07:25 PM

Are you sure they didnt say 4.5s?

Ok my bad....I believe they said 4.5-4.6, thats not terribly fast for top WR picks though. The said if Balckman runs a 4.6 or higher at the combine, his stock could drop....

slipknottin
02-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Ok my bad....I believe they said 4.5-4.6, thats not terribly fast for top WR picks though. The said if Balckman runs a 4.6 or higher at the combine, his stock could drop....

Yea, overall this WR class is made up of big body guys who arent blazers.

bLuereverie
02-21-2012, 06:36 AM

No. Not even worthy of a bet. The thing worth betting is what his excuse would be.

juice33s
02-21-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Will-Rich-Eisen-run-a-615-at-the-Combine-Theres-a-prop-bet-for-that.html

here’s how Eisen has performed since he started the popular bit back in 2005:

2011: 6.18

2010: 6.24

2009: 6.34

2008: 6.34

2007: 6.43

2006: 6.22

2005: 6.77</p>

</p>

Who has the inside scoop on his workout regime, has he been training?....I'm going to say no
</p>

myles2424
02-22-2012, 02:12 AM

-* Zach Brown is going to run a lightning fast 40, and because of it the boards will explode with people who want him, even if his tape isnt that good.
<font size="2">Don't sleep on small school stud T.Y. Hilton (WR, FIU). He's a blazer, and could run in the 4.3 range.</font>
any thoughts on Joe Adams?

BlueSanta
02-26-2012, 11:39 PM
- Dontari Poe(DT/NT Memphis) - The strength coach at his school is roaring about how strong this kid has become in the weight room since stepping on campus. For a guy to be that vocal prior to the combine, I expect pretty good things.

He put up a combine best 44 reps. What did I win?

juice33s
02-27-2012, 02:45 PM

Better 40 time:
Fleener > Allen

Bump

BlueSanta
02-27-2012, 03:07 PM

any thoughts on Joe Adams?

At the senior bowl reports were that Adams was mind blowingly elusive.

Prob is I think he is a slot guy which isnt what we need. But, I think he will be a dangerous welker type wr in the middle for someone. Oh and he is a SICK punt returner.

jhamburg
02-27-2012, 03:19 PM

Better 40 time:
Fleener > Allen

Bump

Damn you were dead right about that one. I have no idea how a guy can look so fast on tape and then run so slow on the combine. According to those numbers, Burfict can't catch up to Peyton Manning. (or 21 year old Peyton at least, I'm sure he can now)

BlueSanta
02-27-2012, 03:23 PM

Better 40 time:
Kuechly &gt; Burfict (&gt; means better time)
Fleener &gt; Allen
Lamar Miller &gt; Richardson
RG3&gt; all RB's except Rainey, Demps and Lamichael James

Bump

Bump

You deserve it. I expected a better combine that people were predicting but damn, who could expect this.

Good call.

Btw, I am getting sick of a guy being called "unathletic" for no other reason that he is white. That is all this was, plain and simple.

juice33s
02-29-2012, 01:11 PM

Better 40 time:
Fleener &gt; Allen

Bump

Bump

You deserve it. I expected a better combine that people were predicting but damn, who could expect this.

Good call.

Btw, I am getting sick of a guy being called "unathletic" for no other reason that he is white. That is all this was, plain and simple.

thank you sir....its really just about reading body types. Ripped up muscle guys (Kuechly) like willis, vernon davis, calvin johnson ect are 9 times out of 10 more explosive then sloppier looking guys (Burfict).

juice33s
02-29-2012, 01:11 PM

Better 40 time:
Fleener &gt; Allen

Bump

Bump

Good call.

thank you sir....its really just about reading body types. Ripped up muscle guys (Kuechly) like willis, vernon davis, calvin johnson ect are 9 times out of 10 more explosive then sloppier looking guys (Burfict).

TuckYou
03-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Kuechly impressed me, but Burfect actualy was more un-impressing then anything else. He may have slipped into the 3-4 round range. Pathetic. I dont want that guy anymore. Shows complete lack of discipline and motivation. He is going to try to rely on his big play ability alone. Oh well, some just dont give a sh#%. He is one of them. </P>

slipknottin
03-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Kuechly impressed me, but Burfect actualy was more un-impressing then anything else. He may have slipped into the 3-4 round range.

He was in the 3-4 range if he ran and performed great at the combine.

Now hes in the undrafted range.