PDA

View Full Version : GMG

rainierjef
02-19-2012, 07:48 PM
<font size="2"><span style="font-weight: bold;">G</span>eneral <span style="font-weight: bold;">M</span>anager <span style="font-weight: bold;">G</span>ame.
</font><font size="2">"with your host... Bored giants fan!!!"

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Okay so plug the holes in either with Starters / depth / FA's / Drafts. </span><br style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Make it reasonable </span><br style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">give an expectation for your movements whether it be by singe position, overall unit or stats</span><br style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">And answer the interview question. we'll Start off light </span><br style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">have fun with it </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold;"></span><font style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">LT:</span></font><font style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span></font><font style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span></font> William Beaty
<span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">LG:</span> Mitch Petrus
<span style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;">C:</span> Kevin Zeiter
<span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">RG:</span> Chris Snee <span class="first-name">
<span style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;">RT:</span> James Brewer
<span style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;">TE:</span> Coby</span>

<span class="last-name"></span>Fleener </font><span class="last-name"><font size="2">
</font><font size="3"><font size="2">

GM interview.

Q: <span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">"why did you make these moves?"</span>

A: "well as GM i feel we didn't need to get too sexy, in FA our overall sexiness is pretty good right now, but i did want too cut out the exotic by releasing Baas. we also felt that it was time to move on from Deihl and Mckenzie. i have every faith in Pat then he can get these guys gelled before our season opener. oh fleener... yeah he was BPA at the time."

Expectations:
1. Two 1000 yard rushers next season.
2. More pocket time for Eli to hit open receivers without him have to create that on his own.
3. Free up alot of money

this can either go horribly wrong, or pretty good.... </font>
</font></span>

ibbill
02-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Good question

3 new O line not sure about that. Was hoping just to replace Kareem this year. We did win a SB with the O line we had.I know the running game suffered but seem to be getting on track during the play offs.

. Just dont see TC revamping the line that much..

Voldamort
02-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Good question

3 new O line not sure about that. Was hoping just to replace Kareem this year. We did win a SB with the O line we had.I know the running game suffered but seem to be getting on track during the play offs.

. Just dont see TC revamping the line that much.. just to many changes for me!!!

rainierjef
02-19-2012, 08:25 PM
guys you do know that the floor is open too you as well right?

ibbill
02-19-2012, 08:45 PM
I like to just replace Kareem only. Go with the regular suspects (O Line)

It is time to start replacing the Vets on the O line but 1 a year max 2 would be the best.Just to try and keep some continuity. Just my thoughts.

ibbill
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Who would we start at RT I am not sure. Someone may have a good idea on that. Just really dont want to see a rookie start.

rainierjef
02-19-2012, 09:14 PM
most on here are begging for a tackle in the draft. i think Center is a bigger need as our running back hit the gaps between the C and either G. baas is not fit for run blocking. thats why i said draft zeiter he can play guard/center. start brewer at RT and beatty comes back to LT. and make petrus a permanent starter.

the only real major moves are brewer and zeiter. petrus has experience at Guard, beatty has experience at LT and snee stays in his natural spot. so by this design its really only 2 moves on the line

THE_New_York_Giants
02-19-2012, 09:47 PM
I'd rather have Beatty at RT

ibbill
02-19-2012, 10:20 PM
most on here are begging for a tackle in the draft. i think Center is a bigger need as our running back hit the gaps between the C and either G. baas is not fit for run blocking. thats why i said draft zeiter he can play guard/center. start brewer at RT and beatty comes back to LT. and make petrus a permanent starter.

the only real major moves are brewer and zeiter. petrus has experience at Guard, beatty has experience at LT and snee stays in his natural spot. so by this design its really only 2 moves on the line

All well and good with your moves. Start a rookie zeiter and brewer TC would never ever let that happen. Myself 2 rookie starters on the O line with Petrus who has only played a few snaps also. You may get Eli hurt. This team is to deep in talent to start 2 rookies..

nhpgiantsfan
02-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Why no love for Boothe? He deserves to start at LG next year for sure.

rainierjef
02-19-2012, 11:29 PM

All well and good with your moves. Start a rookie zeiter and brewer TC would never ever let that happen. Myself 2 rookie starters on the O line with Petrus who has only played a few snaps also. You may get Eli hurt. This team is to deep in talent to start 2 rookies..

like they didnt already almost get him killed in the 49ers game?

Joe Morrison
02-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Without a doubt O-Line needs serious work across the board.</P>

McKenzie, I thought he would be gone two years ago but no one has stepped up.</P>

Snee, starting to show his time, starting to get nicked up.</P>

Baas, not bad but far cry from where we were a year ago, plus he misses time.</P>

LG is differnt' week to week.</P>

Diehl, does a nice job but again getting up there and starting to get roughed up.</P>

Need some of the young guys who have shown flashes to step in and become starters.</P>

rainierjef
02-20-2012, 04:27 AM
Okay lets try this again.

Fill in the blanks with depth / starters / FA's / Draft
Answer the questions.
want to get a general gist of what fans would like to see next year

<font size="2"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span><font style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">LT:</span></font><font style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span></font><font style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span></font>
<span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">LG:</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;">C:</span>
<span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">RG:</span> <span class="first-name">
<span style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;">RT:</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;">TE:</span></span> </font><span class="last-name"><font size="3"><font size="2">

Q: <span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">"why did you make these moves?"</span>

A:

Expectations:</font></font></span>

Joe Morrison
02-20-2012, 05:21 AM
Okay lets try this again.

Fill in the blanks with depth / starters / FA's / Draft
Answer the questions.
want to get a general gist of what fans would like to see next year

<FONT size=2><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"></SPAN><FONT style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">LT:</SPAN></FONT><FONT style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"></SPAN></FONT><FONT style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"></SPAN></FONT>
<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-DECORATION: underline">LG:</SPAN>
<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-DECORATION: underline">C:</SPAN>
<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-DECORATION: underline">RG:</SPAN> <SPAN class=first-name>
<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-DECORATION: underline">RT:</SPAN>
<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-DECORATION: underline">TE:</SPAN></SPAN> </FONT><SPAN class=last-name><FONT size=3><FONT size=2>

Q: <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-DECORATION: underline">"why did you make these moves?"</SPAN>

A:

Expectations:</FONT></FONT></SPAN>
</P>

Might not have any on the squad at this time.</P>

tonyt830
02-20-2012, 07:30 AM
<font size="2"><span style="font-weight: bold;">G</span>eneral <span style="font-weight: bold;">M</span>anager <span style="font-weight: bold;">G</span>ame.
</font><font size="2">"with your host... Bored giants fan!!!"

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Okay so plug the holes in either with Starters / depth / FA's / Drafts. </span><br style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Make it reasonable </span><br style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">give an expectation for your movements whether it be by singe position, overall unit or stats</span><br style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">And answer the interview question.** we'll Start off light </span><br style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">have fun with it </span>

*<span style="font-weight: bold;"></span><font style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">LT:</span></font><font style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span></font><font style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span></font> William Beaty *
*<span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">LG:</span> Mitch Petrus*
*<span style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;">C:</span>* Kevin Zeiter*
*<span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">RG:</span> Chris Snee * <span class="first-name">
*<span style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;">RT:</span>* James Brewer *
*<span style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;">TE:</span>* Coby</span>

<span class="last-name"></span>Fleener * * * * * * * ** </font><span class="last-name"><font size="2">
</font><font size="3"><font size="2">

GM interview.

A: "well as GM i feel we didn't need to get too sexy, in FA our overall sexiness is pretty good right now, but i did want too cut out the exotic by releasing Baas. we also felt that it was time to move on from Deihl and Mckenzie. i have every faith in Pat then he can get these guys gelled before our season opener. oh fleener... yeah he was BPA at the time."

Expectations:
1. Two 1000 yard rushers next season.
2. More pocket time for Eli to hit open receivers without him have to create that on his own.
3. Free up alot of money

this can either go horribly wrong, or pretty good.... </font>
</font></span>I will give my best guess of what the Giants may do with the O-line---

LT---Beatty

LG---Boothe/Petrus

C---Baas

RG--Snee

RT---Mike Adams/James Brewer

I too like both O-linemen from Wisconsin in Konz and Zeitler. But I think the Giants should address the RT position.

I think our interior line is good for now. With more camp time and OTAs, Baas will continue to improve at C. I might be wrong, and the Giants go after a C/G type and move Baas to LG? But I think Boothe has filled the LG position pretty darn good. You hate to see him and possibly Petrus on the bench in this case.

Now if the Giants take a Fleener or Allen at 32, then that changes everything. The Giants may go after a Sanders, Massie or Potter somewhere between rds 2 and 4 if they think Brewer is ready to take over at RT.

nygsb42champs
02-20-2012, 07:53 AM
That seems like a lot of changes in the o-line for a team that is much reliant on the passing game. I am not sold on Beatty. He just does not appear to be physical enough.

GMENAGAIN
02-20-2012, 07:53 AM

Go back and watch Baas's play in the Super Bowl . . . . . he will be our starting C next year.

TheAngryTuna
02-20-2012, 08:20 AM
LT: Beatty
LG: Petrus/Boothe
C: Booth/Bass
RG: Snee
RT: Brewer
TE: Coby Fleener

To clarify, I would get rid of Bass if there is not a major cap hit, which explains why I have two people at LG and C.

Q: "why did you make these moves?"

A: Ballard is a decent tight end, but I feel like we need a true number one threat, who can also block. Coby Fleener provides us with that threat. It also allows us to do much more with our formations when you have two TE's that can block AND catch.

Regarding Center, Bass did not perform up to expectations. Unless he would be willing to reduce his cap hit to around $2.5-3 million he needs to go. I believe the evidence shows with Boothe at Center and Petrus at LG our run game will improve greatly. Brewer is the next man up and has to step up.

Expectations: Bradshaw returns to his 2010 form with well over a thousand yards rushing. Jacobs (after taking a pay cut) will have around 800 yards rushing. With the infusion of youth into our OL I expect to see more explosive running plays. Performance against the pass rush may be questionable early in the season but will come together with some continuity between our new starters.

rainierjef
02-20-2012, 03:10 PM
LT: Beatty
LG: Petrus/Boothe
C: Booth/Bass
RG: Snee
RT: Brewer
TE: Coby Fleener

To clarify, I would get rid of Bass if there is not a major cap hit, which explains why I have two people at LG and C.

Q: "why did you make these moves?"

A: Ballard is a decent tight end, but I feel like we need a true number one threat, who can also block. Coby Fleener provides us with that threat. It also allows us to do much more with our formations when you have two TE's that can block AND catch.

Regarding Center, Bass did not perform up to expectations. Unless he would be willing to reduce his cap hit to around $2.5-3 million he needs to go. I believe the evidence shows with Boothe at Center and Petrus at LG our run game will improve greatly. Brewer is the next man up and has to step up.

Expectations: Bradshaw returns to his 2010 form with well over a thousand yards rushing. Jacobs (after taking a pay cut) will have around 800 yards rushing. With the infusion of youth into our OL I expect to see more explosive running plays. Performance against the pass rush may be questionable early in the season but will come together with some continuity between our new starters.

this is a good option as well, get rid of baas start boothe, brewer and petrus. i dont think there is a cap hit for baas leaving

rainierjef
02-20-2012, 03:12 PM

Go back and watch Baas's play in the Super Bowl . . . . . he will be our starting C next year.

i did and i saw that it was Boothe that was giving wilfolk alot of trouble all game baas just helped whenever he could. when ballard and beckum went down their LOLB got to eli alot shows that kareem is not as good as he used to be.

not saying baas is terribad he's just not a good fit for center.