PDA

View Full Version : Ramses Barden

sunsgiants
02-19-2012, 09:13 PM
The likelihood of Manningham coming back next season seems to be pretty slim. I think next season is the last chance Barden will get to prove himself. It's either now or never for him. He's spent quite a lot of time learning the offense now it's time he show it or show himself out. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Barden fan but if he doesn't consistently produce next season then he's just wasting a roster spot. So come on Barden become Plax 2.0 like we're all hoping.

RoanokeFan
02-19-2012, 09:16 PM
The likelihood of Manningham coming back next season seems to be pretty slim. I think next season is the last chance Barden will get to prove himself. It's either now or never for him. He's spent quite a lot of time learning the offense now it's time he show it or show himself out. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Barden fan but if he doesn't consistently produce next season then he's just wasting a roster spot. <font color="#0000FF">So come on Barden become Plax 2.0 like we're all hoping.</font>

You might want to lower your sights just a tad [;)]

Voldamort
02-19-2012, 09:17 PM
How bout Barden one? Plex 2 really?

cken
02-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I feel like the Plax 2.0 project has shifted to the Plax with Crack-Speed on Steroids project in Hakeem Nicks. I think that the void of Plax has been filled by an upgrade through Nicks and Steve Smith's void has been filled by an upgrade through the Cruz emergence. If anything, try and make Barden a really big slot possession guy, sure has had enough time to study the offense to run the option routes inside...

gmen0820
02-19-2012, 09:27 PM
How bout Barden one? Plex 2 really?For me, I prefer Plax 2, because Barden 1 sucks.

Toadofsteel
02-19-2012, 10:00 PM
I see Jernigan getting a better workout than Barden. Remember that all of the 2011 draft class didn't get a full camp/preseason to work into the league. Anyone that was a rookie in 2011 is bound to be better in 2012.

BigBlue1971
02-19-2012, 10:06 PM
the Giants are keeping Barden around for something. maybe he needs another year to break out!</P>

he made a coupla nice plays this year but didnt play enough. the G-Men are giving him a chance.</P>

JJC7301
02-19-2012, 10:06 PM
I give Barden 1 more year regardless if MM is gone or not. I don't expect much from Barden, but I'll give him one more shot.

Looks like Beckum won't be around next year anyway, so there will be a roster spot for Barden. Even if we draft another WR, which I fully expect.

GameTime
02-19-2012, 11:19 PM
The likelihood of Manningham coming back next season seems to be pretty slim. I think next season is the last chance Barden will get to prove himself. It's either now or never for him. He's spent quite a lot of time learning the offense now it's time he show it or show himself out. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Barden fan but if he doesn't consistently produce next season then he's just wasting a roster spot. So come on Barden become Plax 2.0 like we're all hoping.
</P>

They'll keep him around for camp but he will have to make a HUGE impact to make the team. He doesn't do STs so his only chance is too emerge as a something special. IMO....not going to happen. He may not even make the final cut. Iwould love it if he did but his time is up....</P>

</P>

buddy33
02-19-2012, 11:24 PM
I have supported him since he was drafted but I think he has been given enough chances.

I could see Thomas or JJ taking the 3rd WR spot and We don't know I they would draft a WR. Seriously, if they went BPA with their 1st pick they may get a WR. Just saying.

GameTime
02-19-2012, 11:34 PM
I have supported him since he was drafted but I think he has been given enough chances. I could see Thomas or JJ taking the 3rd WR spot and We don't know I they would draft a WR. Seriously, if they went BPA with their 1st pick they may get a WR. Just saying.</P>

Yeah....Thomas seems to have all the physical tools to make serious contributions in the passing game. Hope he finds out whats missing in his game. </P>

cornerback30
02-19-2012, 11:43 PM
You're exactly right dude

Tuckit91
02-19-2012, 11:50 PM
I dont see where hes had a real chance to show what he can do..He was hurt or didnt get to play and one reason is because of the 3 in front of him.

GmenFan1980
02-19-2012, 11:53 PM
I dont see where hes had a real chance to show what he can do..He was hurt or didnt get to play and one reason is because of the 3 in front of him.

off-topic love the sig dude :)

Tuckit91
02-19-2012, 11:58 PM

off-topic love the sig dude :)

Thanks!

rcrane082985
02-20-2012, 12:08 AM
U guys realize that we need some depth right?

sunsgiants
02-20-2012, 03:13 AM
besides nicks and cruz (assuming manningham is gone) he is the only other WR who really knows the playbook.* The other WRs on the roster include: Jerrel Jernigan, Devin Thomas, Michael Clayton, and Domenik Hixon (I always thought Hixon was a better KR/PR than a WR besides this is his second ACL tear on the same knee).* These guys are on the practice squad: Isiah Stanback, Dan DePalma.* So in terms of familiarity Barden and Hixon are the guys and Barden seems like the more logical choice.* On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if Reese drafts a WR in the 3rd-5th round.* We kinda need that solid 3rd receiving option to facilitate Eli and it becomes more important when our TE situation is taken into consideration.

nygsb42champs
02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Barden needs to show he can help this offense. He has shown very little in his time here.

thomsoad
02-20-2012, 10:39 AM
If anything, try and make Barden a really big slot possession guy, sure has had enough time to study the offense to run the option routes inside...

Barden would be the WORST slot receiver in the history of the league. Im a Barden supporter but the idea of Barden in the middle of the field? Thats insane. Guy is injury prone as it is.

Besides, Cruz excels in the slot... its what he does now.

Barden would be our #3 receiver but would stay outside by the sidelines or go deep down the middle. Not a slot receiver tho. Thats just nuts.

02-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Dump Barden, who has show absolutely N O T H I N G , and find a way to keep Manningham. Makes the most sense. Everyone talking about Barden's size and "upside", has to realize he had 3 years to show anything, so, don't waste more time and money on this "project". Keep Manningham and draft another "project" if we insist on keeping these sorts of players. No one will pick Barden up because he has done nothing and other teams have their own guys and draft picks to develop. Just my 2 cents.

Flip Empty
02-20-2012, 10:48 AM
When he's been active he's been used in the slot. He's said he feels comfortable there.

thomsoad
02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
When he's been active he's been used in the slot. He's said he feels comfortable there.

He must have referred to the hospital bed he has been crashing on after playing the slot position.

Flip Empty
02-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Dump Barden, who has show absolutely N O T H I N G , and find a way to keep Manningham. Makes the most sense. Everyone talking about Barden's size and "upside", has to realize he had 3 years to show anything, so, don't waste more time and money on this "project". Keep Manningham and draft another "project" if we insist on keeping these sorts of players. No one will pick Barden up because he has done nothing and other teams have their own guys and draft picks to develop. Just my 2 cents.
It's not so easy when cap-wise, you're in a hole. Manningham will likely be offered contracts the Giants simply can't afford.
I'd rather re-sign Devin Thomas and have a competition between him, Barden and Jernigan for that #3 role.

Flip Empty
02-20-2012, 10:58 AM

He must have referred to the hospital bed he has been crashing on after playing the slot position.
Haha, probably.

Found the quote:

Iíve played more slot than I have anywhere else. Itís actually a surprise to me Iím comfortable there

If youíd have asked me that coming out of college, Iíd have been like, ĎSlot? What are you talking about?Ď

But slot is fun. Thereís always a way to win. Itís a mind game as much as it is anything.
source (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/10/giants_ramses_barden_now_healt.html)

Captain Chaos
02-20-2012, 11:30 AM

I think that had a ton to do with it. It will still take an impressive camp to get him on the field. Thomas and Jernigan were return men so they had more utility....

OX1
02-20-2012, 12:15 PM
I feel like the Plax 2.0 project has shifted to the Plax with Crack-Speed on Steroids project in Hakeem Nicks. I think that the void of Plax has been filled by an upgrade through Nicks and Steve Smith's void has been filled by an upgrade through the Cruz emergence. If anything, try and make Barden a really big slot possession guy, sure has had enough time to study the offense to run the option routes inside...

Can he block, maybe he can take over Ballard's roll

Joe Morrison
02-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Dump Barden, who has show absolutely N O T H I N G , and find a way to keep Manningham. Makes the most sense. Everyone talking about Barden's size and "upside", has to realize he had 3 years to show anything, so, don't waste more time and money on this "project". Keep Manningham and draft another "project" if we insist on keeping these sorts of players. No one will pick Barden up because he has done nothing and other teams have their own guys and draft picks to develop. Just my 2 cents. It's not so easy when cap-wise, you're in a hole. Manningham will likely be offered contracts the Giants simply can't afford. I'd rather re-sign Devin Thomas and have a competition between him, Barden and Jernigan for that #3 role.</P>

Everyone seems to be forgetting that they should up Cruz also, Mario is going to have to take a decent offer and stay, he only plays 12 regular games a year anyway, won't get big money offers elsewhere. Who else will put up with him missing time every year?</P>

thomsoad
02-20-2012, 12:46 PM
I like MM but i personally think Devin Thomas got a bad start with Redskins. I would not be surprised to see him flourish with Manning at the helm.

FourthAndOne
02-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Wasn't Barden listed as inactive for the last couple games? I don't think he was injured. It might just be that he doesn't contribute as much to special teams, but it probably isn't a good sign that he's listed as inactive even while healthy.

RoanokeFan
02-20-2012, 01:20 PM
I give Barden 1 more year regardless if MM is gone or not. I don't expect much from Barden, but I'll give him one more shot.

Looks like Beckum won't be around next year anyway, so there will be a roster spot for Barden. Even if we draft another WR, which I fully expect.

We kept Moss until he qualified for Medicare [;)]

GameTime
02-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I give Barden 1 more year regardless if MM is gone or not. I don't expect much from Barden, but I'll give him one more shot. Looks like Beckum won't be around next year anyway, so there will be a roster spot for Barden. Even if we draft another WR, which I fully expect.

We kept Moss until he qualified for Medicare [;)]
</P>

ahh....the voice of experience.....[B]</P>

GGTM_1977
02-20-2012, 02:08 PM
I am sorry, but this guy was a waste of a pick. I DO NOT see him filling in MM shoe's if he leaves.....how many reps has he gotten in like 3 yrs??!! No they should give the #3 to somebody who can actually get on the field and make a play.

thomsoad
02-20-2012, 03:06 PM
I am sorry, but this guy was a waste of a pick. I DO NOT see him filling in MM shoe's if he leaves.....how many reps has he gotten in like 3 yrs??!! No they should give the #3 to somebody who can actually get on the field and make a play.

So far you are pretty much dead on... BUT lets not forget that HUGE half he had against Dallas before he went down (again). We got him the pretty much the league minimum right now. Might as well let him finish it out and see if he can stay healthy.

GGTM_1977
02-20-2012, 03:43 PM

So far you are pretty much dead on... BUT lets not forget that HUGE half he had against Dallas before he went down (again). We got him the pretty much the league minimum right now. Might as well let him finish it out and see if he can stay healthy.

What half of what game with Dallas? The most receptions I have seen this guys make is maybe 2 in a game!

Flip Empty
02-20-2012, 04:17 PM
I like MM but i personally think Devin Thomas got a bad start with Redskins. I would not be surprised to see him flourish with Manning at the helm.
This is my thinking as well. Thomas was a high 2nd round draft pick, yet he's rarely seen time on offense. He got lost behind Santana Moss, Antwan Randle-El, Chris Cooley and James Thrash in the braindead Washington offense, and then had to put up with the ineptitude of Jimmy Clausen in Carolina.
He's still only 25 so may have something to offer.

Anyway, Barden costs very little and hasn't actually demonstrated poor play the way Sinorice did. When he's been on the field he's made some nice grabs.

thomsoad
02-20-2012, 04:57 PM

What half of what game with Dallas? The most receptions I have seen this guys make is maybe 2 in a game!

ok ok. I had to look it up ... I stand corrected. :)

G-Man67
02-20-2012, 05:40 PM
yeah it's the season where he either becomes Sinorice Moss 2.0 or, well, i don't have a good comparison, but he will certainly have the opportunity to be a contributing player ... i think the big thing for him is his health ... i think if he can avoid injury, then he can contribute and develop ... he also should try to make an impact on special teams ... then he can dress on game day even if he is a bit down the depth chart

sunsgiants
02-20-2012, 11:22 PM
It's either that or bulk up and try to become a tight end

Martyr
02-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Dump Barden, who has show absolutely N O T H I N G , and find a way to keep Manningham. Makes the most sense. Everyone talking about Barden's size and "upside", has to realize he had 3 years to show anything, so, don't waste more time and money on this "project". Keep Manningham and draft another "project" if we insist on keeping these sorts of players. No one will pick Barden up because he has done nothing and other teams have their own guys and draft picks to develop. Just my 2 cents. It's not so easy when cap-wise, you're in a hole. Manningham will likely be offered contracts the Giants simply can't afford. I'd rather re-sign Devin Thomas and have a competition between him, Barden and Jernigan for that #3 role.</P>

Everyone seems to be forgetting that they should up Cruz also, Mario is going to have to take a decent offer and stay, he only plays 12 regular games a year anyway, won't get big money offers elsewhere. Who else will put up with him missing time every year?</P>

</P>

I think MM has played his last game for the Giants, he will get a better deal else where. Every time a team wins a super bowl players get over paid and leave it happens besides MM wasnt that good we can find better.</P>

burier
02-22-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Barden has already wasted a roster spot long enough. I don't see him being a legit replacement for Mario. If Eli can get consistent play out of Barden we can start calling him the Miracle worker.

Barden's issue isnt that he doesn't grasp the offense, its that he's soft.

His arms get short when going over the middle. Shows little or no physicality but he's able to counter that by showing no speed, quickness or notable leaping ability.