PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we use Barden more?

miken609
02-20-2012, 06:45 PM
He's so tall. 6'6"!! I don't get why we don't use him more in the red zone. Eli should be able to lob it up there for him and he should be able to make the grab. I'm not saying that he can be an every play receiver or even a starter but I don't get why we didn't use such a tall weapon like him more frequently. especially in the red zone situations. He has such a height advantage on short cornerbacks.

miken609
02-20-2012, 06:46 PM
lol jk

RoanokeFan
02-20-2012, 06:52 PM
He's so tall. 6'6"!!<font color="#0000FF"> I don't get why we don't use him more in the red zone. </font>Eli should be able to lob it up there for him and he should be able to make the grab. I'm not saying that he can be an every play receiver or even a starter but I don't get why we didn't use such a tall weapon like him more frequently. especially in the red zone situations. He has such a height advantage on short cornerbacks.

He has to be active [;)]

stormblue
02-20-2012, 06:57 PM
we will use him a lot next year because MM will
"go on take money and run.....oooohh Laawd!! "

gmen0820
02-20-2012, 07:06 PM
lol jkThank god.

Flip Empty
02-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Heard this a lot from Vacchiano haha.

Seriously, I think a lot had to do with his lack of game-time. He's barely played and would've been hard to trust down the pressure stretch.
Also, it was more advantageous having Devin Thomas active as he allowed the team an extra spot since he could play both WR and ST.

dave56dj
02-20-2012, 07:09 PM
I the old he's tall why not just throw it up to him argument - uggh - it takes more then height and a big body to be good in this league.

Hooligans
02-20-2012, 07:09 PM
If he was good enough, they would use him. Fact is, he could be cut.

Bohemian
02-20-2012, 08:47 PM
LOL! If Barden's height was the main point of why he should have more of an impact, then we can trade him to Carolina for Steve Smith, claiming that we are being generous in trading away such a tremendous talent for such a small player.

egyptian420
02-20-2012, 09:04 PM
I thought his height would help us out a ton after we drafted him but it just hasn't worked out. I think Devin Thomas' physicality more than makes up for the difference in their heights.

I got a good feeling about him becoming our #3 next year and Barden might be our #4 (maybe even 5 if Hixon is back)...just a hunch I have.

GameTime
02-20-2012, 09:14 PM
other than spot duty for injuries they didnt need him. </P>

Itlan
02-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Frankly, because he sucks. Revis barked at him and he dropped the ball like the little girl he is.

radar-ray
02-20-2012, 10:05 PM
You have to stay healthy to play. RM was getting worked into the wr rotation and doing ok, but he keeps getting hurt.

hungrrrry
02-21-2012, 08:58 AM
I believe 2012 willsee a likely scenario of a "breakout season" for Barden...</P>

For me the term "Breakout season" is getting used way too often but if Barden is going to have one, this will be the year.</P>

Not for one second do I think he will become another Cruz in a Randy Moss mold...however, with Manningham likely finding the door this season, Barden will have a great opportunity to haul in that #3 receiver role. I honestly believe that is what Gilbride and Coughlin want and what J. Reese is hoping for. His cost is very low...his build is ideal for a redzone threat and makes a big target. He has decent hands, but not enough in-game proof to say he catches better than Mario.</P>

I think Mario is better, after the catch, at making things happen....other than downfield, north and south running, I don't see Barden having that intangible....</P>

...so...His ideal use? Redzone and third down with an occassional mid-level catch.. The kind of numbers I would expect from a guy with his assets (whichcomes with his off/oninjury history as well)...45-60 catches/500-700 yds/5-7 TDs....these numbers are comparable to Mario's this past season and if we got that from Ramses in 2012 then we would be in great shape with him as a #3! These are numbers I would expect us to also get from TE Jake Ballard but he may miss time...if our TE issues aren't solved before the start of the regular season, Barden could have even higher numbers.</P>

He has not been cut yet for a reason...Beckum was a worse prospect than Barden and he had a little success....but we didn't need Barden so he was activated less which allowed him to heal his dings.</P>

I believe our coaches and GM already believe this about Barden and are just keeping him off film as much as they can get away with so other teams have nothing to go on in the first half of the season...kinda like Cruz.</P>

I will put this caveat in...if Ramses makes it through training camp, he will be our #3...and he will be cheap....just the way Reese likes it!</P>

LT_was_good
02-21-2012, 09:16 AM
I believe 2012 willsee a likely scenario of a "breakout season" for Barden...</p>

For me the term "Breakout season" is getting used way too often but if Barden is going to have one, this will be the year.</p>

Not for one second do I think he will become another Cruz in a Randy Moss mold...however, with Manningham likely finding the door this season, Barden will have a great opportunity to haul in that #3 receiver role. I honestly believe that is what Gilbride and Coughlin want and what J. Reese is hoping for. His cost is very low...his build is ideal for a redzone threat and makes a big target. He has decent hands, but not enough in-game proof to say he catches better than Mario.</p>

I think Mario is better, after the catch, at making things happen....other than downfield, north and south running, I don't see Barden having that intangible....</p>

...so...His ideal use? Redzone and third down with an occassional mid-level catch.. The kind of numbers I would expect from a guy with his assets (whichcomes with his off/oninjury history as well)...45-60 catches/500-700 yds/5-7 TDs....these numbers are comparable to Mario's this past season and if we got that from Ramses in 2012 then we would be in great shape with him as a #3! These are numbers I would expect us to also get from TE Jake Ballard but he may miss time...if our TE issues aren't solved before the start of the regular season, Barden could have even higher numbers.</p>

He has not been cut yet for a reason...Beckum was a worse prospect than Barden and he had a little success....but we didn't need Barden so he was activated less which allowed him to heal his dings.</p>

I believe our coaches and GM already believe this about Barden and are just keeping him off film as much as they can get away with so other teams have nothing to go on in the first half of the season...kinda like Cruz.</p>

I will put this caveat in...if Ramses makes it through training camp, he will be our #3...and he will be cheap....just the way Reese likes it!</p>

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if a healthy Barden put up those numbers. Even if it isn't Barden, I think somebody will step up and put up those respectable 3rd WR numbers if Manningham is gone. Could be Jernigan, Barden, Thomas, a new TE ... anybody. Honestly, whoever the next target is behind Cruz and Nicks will have a lot of opportunities.

Flip Empty
02-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Cruz was placed on IR early in the 2010 season so he wasn't being kept off film on purpose.