PDA

View Full Version : 3 man rush/prevent on 2nd and goal

KillaRich
12-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Honestly wtf was fewell thinking? he basically handed them a td by doing that

nihan87
12-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Yes, a 4 man rush would have been great...but then without Tuck dropping back into coverage they have receivers running open. It was too long for Rodgers to have to find someone.

T-Murda84
12-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Did u watch the Saint game a week ago? When the Saints were on Goal line Jimmy Graham killed us in man to man coverage.

We still made it a tough throw for Aaron Rodgers...He was very accurate and Driver was experienced enough to drag his toes.

Yall fans kill me with this. We can not play any team man to man....and I can give u all the evidence and why. Sprags would not be able to win with these corners.

YATittle1962
12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
worst call of the game........

to me thats where you man up and send the house

at lease make Rodgers have to make a quick decision.....he had 6 seconds....thats awful

gumby742
12-05-2011, 02:36 PM
worst call of the game........ to me thats where you man up and send the house</P>

</P>

esp when we were having success being aggressive earlier in the game. Sending 3 didn't get us anywhere the last 11 games. Yet he does it again.</P>

He's gotta go.</P>

KillaRich
12-05-2011, 02:42 PM

Did u watch the Saint game a week ago? When the Saints were on Goal line Jimmy Graham killed us in man to man coverage.

We still made it a tough throw for Aaron Rodgers...He was very accurate and Driver was experienced enough to drag his toes.

Yall fans kill me with this. We can not play any team man to man....and I can give u all the evidence and why. Sprags would not be able to win with these corners.

Our corners are way better then when we had spags.... man to man .... vs man to man and bringing the house is a completely different story...... giants get killed man to man because they give the qb way too much too time..... maybe if you bring some extra pressure and give the qb little time to throw its advnatge to the qb's... please stop it you ignorant fool.... spags would love to have this defense..and they would thrive under him

KillaRich
12-05-2011, 02:43 PM
worst call of the game........ to me thats where you man up and send the house</P>

*</P>

esp when we were having success being aggressive earlier in the game.* Sending 3 didn't get us anywhere the last 11 games.* Yet he does it again.</P>

He's gotta go.</P>

def has to go..... how many 3rd down conversion....deep passes.....short screens for 15 yards versus his prevent defense must happen before his stubborn *** finally gives it up?

pino
12-05-2011, 02:46 PM
worst call of the game........

to me thats where you man up and send the house

at lease make Rodgers have to make a quick decision.....he had 6 seconds....thats awful

100% agree. This is why I had a big problem with yesterday's game. Yes, it was nice to see we were competative with Green Bay, but we really blew a chance to catch up on a lot of teams. I didn't see us go after Rodgers like we were told we would.

I also saw us abandon the running game YET AGAIN. It looked like we didn't even TRY to manage the clock at the end. I guess we were content with a FG once we got into range, but I thought going for the big pass was another pivotal mistake. Then another heave when we were given another chance by Green Bay's dropsies.

There were other things I would have done differently, but hey, I'm only a spectator so my opinion means squat. The good news is that we showed that we are not dead yet, but beating Dallas twice is not going to be easy.

Ruttiger711
12-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Honestly wtf was fewell thinking? he basically handed them a td by doing that Did u watch the Saint game a week ago? When the Saints were on Goal line Jimmy Graham killed us in man to man coverage. We still made it a tough throw for Aaron Rodgers...He was very accurate and Driver was experienced enough to drag his toes. Yall fans kill me with this. We can not play any team man to man....and I can give u all the evidence and why. Sprags would not be able to win with these corners. Our corners are way better then when we had spags.... man to man .... vs man to man and bringing the house is a completely different story...... giants get killed man to man because they give the qb way too much too time..... maybe if you bring some extra pressure and give the qb little time to throw its advnatge to the qb's... please stop it you ignorant fool.... spags would love to have this defense..and they would thrive under him</P>

</P>

Its not like Spags didnt play zone. The difference being is when Spags was here the pressure got there when only sending 4. </P>

</P>

Consistently going back to rushing 3 is CRAZY though. I'd be staring at the line before the snap BEGGING that they all rush forward. </P>

da_mane_man
12-05-2011, 02:51 PM
awful.

how do you expect him to throw an INCOMPLETE pass there? how in the world!?!?!?!?!?! he literally could have run the clock out on the quarter standing back there. as if a 3 man rush wasn't bad enough, Rocky Bernard was one of the ends!! lmaoo. we didn't even have any good pass rushers in there. there was no chance of getting any pressure on rodgers. when a qb has all day to throw the ball, he WILL complete the pass. you can't cover all day.

KillaRich
12-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Honestly wtf was fewell thinking? he basically handed them a td by doing that Did u watch the Saint game a week ago? When the Saints were on Goal line Jimmy Graham killed us in man to man coverage. We still made it a tough throw for Aaron Rodgers...He was very accurate and Driver was experienced enough to drag his toes. Yall fans kill me with this. We can not play any team man to man....and I can give u all the evidence and why. Sprags would not be able to win with these corners. Our corners are way better then when we had spags.... man to man .... vs man to man and bringing the house is a completely different story...... giants get killed man to man because they give the qb way too much too time..... maybe if you bring some extra pressure and give the qb little time to throw its advnatge to the qb's... please stop it you ignorant fool.... spags would love to have this defense..and they would thrive under him</P>

*</P>

Its not like Spags didnt play zone.* The difference being is when Spags was here the pressure got there when only sending 4.* </P>

*</P>

Consistently going back to rushing 3 is CRAZY though.* I'd be staring at the line before the snap BEGGING that they all rush forward.* </P>

true spags played some zone...... but his whole scheme was unique he damn near faked a blitz everytime the defense dropped back and had pierce calling massive amounts signals confusing the offense..... and he blitzed aa wwwhhooooolllleeee lot...... fewell RARELY does

wolfie
12-05-2011, 03:10 PM
worst call of the game........ to me thats where you man up and send the house at lease make Rodgers have to make a quick decision.....he had 6 seconds....thats awful</P>

6 seconds???? Your watch must be broken or mine is. I watched the replay and timed it at 7.5. You give any QB in this league that must time, 6 or 7.5(and he could have stood there all freckn day) he will find someone open. </P>

3 man rush??? Grossman tore us apart when he had time, what did Fewell think Rogers was going to do.</P>

And lets not forget the calls. Nicks going down the sideline with his jersey being pulled - no call. Nicks in the endzone with the db hanging on his back - no call. But whenour LBtouches the guy in front of him - FLAG. The refs should have worn a green and yellow jersey.</P>

Kruunch
12-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Every time we rush 3, an angel loses his wings.

Poor Clarence.

burier
12-05-2011, 03:30 PM

What the hell does a three man rush have to do with man-to-man coverage.

You can rush 4 and play zone

you can rush 5 and play zone

you can rush 6 and play zone

you can rush 7 and play zone

ETC!!

Fewell is a dummy.

TrueBlue@NYC
12-05-2011, 05:10 PM
I agree that the 3-man rush was just an aweful call, no matter what you had playing behind it. You COULD say that it was an execution thing, as the coverage held for at least 6 seconds, that one of the rushers (bernard) should have gotten there.

But honestly, you need to rush at least 4 in that situation. I can understand not blitzing, but rushing four gives you some legit shot at the QB. And you still have the ability to mix your coverages up very well dropping seven.

T-Murda84
12-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Why is it sooo hard for you people to understand the reason behind the 3 man rush? We cant cover and we got a depleted secondary with a young linebacker unit. Even in zone or man to man there's waaay to much confusion, so to have an extra coverage sometimes help.

Rodgers never had 6 seconds to throw when we blitzed. The problem is that Rodgers (even when throwing off his backfoot or on the run) was very accurate. The pass to Jordy Nelson on the final drive...was a good blitz but had Rodgers on this backfoot, but the throw was perfect. Even Jaquian Williams just missed an accurate throw to Finley.

3 Man Rushes are ok when u are playing against QB's with quick releases. The pass rush will not get there anyway so just drop the extra guy from time to time. Yall guys need to understand the concept to football. I see more 3 man rushes around the league. The Packers even rushed 3 at times to hide their weakness in the middle with 2 new starters at linebacker.

I dont understand yall point to sending 4 and 5 with a QB with a good quick release.

Fewell was not a bad defensive coordinator in Buffalo. Some of yall need to wake up and realize that we just dont have the talent like yall think we do on this defense. You people overrate Phillips, Rolle, Webster, Linval Joseph and Tuck. Its true...I bet u have these players on ur Pro Bowl Ballot when we have one of the worst defenses in the league. Time to wake up because we are throwing another defensive coordinator under the bus.

Ruttiger711
12-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Why is it sooo hard for you people to understand the reason behind the 3 man rush? We cant cover and we got a depleted secondary with a young linebacker unit. Even in zone or man to man there's waaay to much confusion, so to have an extra coverage sometimes help. Rodgers never had 6 seconds to throw when we blitzed. The problem is that Rodgers (even when throwing off his backfoot or on the run) was very accurate. The pass to Jordy Nelson on the final drive...was a good blitz but had Rodgers on this backfoot, but the throw was perfect. Even Jaquian Williams just missed an accurate throw to Finley. 3 Man Rushes are ok when u are playing against QB's with quick releases. The pass rush will not get there anyway so just drop the extra guy from time to time. Yall guys need to understand the concept to football. I see more 3 man rushes around the league. The Packers even rushed 3 at times to hide their weakness in the middle with 2 new starters at linebacker. I dont understand yall point to sending 4 and 5 with a QB with a good quick release. Fewell was not a bad defensive coordinator in Buffalo. Some of yall need to wake up and realize that we just dont have the talent like yall think we do on this defense. You people overrate Phillips, Rolle, Webster, Linval Joseph and Tuck. Its true...I bet u have these players on ur Pro Bowl Ballot when we have one of the worst defenses in the league. Time to wake up because we are throwing another defensive coordinator under the bus.</P>

</P>

To your point about QB's with quick releases, GB tore us up last year because no matter what was sent his way he just got the pass off quicker. His passes are just lasers. </P>

BK07071
12-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Yes, a 4 man rush would have been great...but then without Tuck dropping back into coverage they have receivers running open. It was too long for Rodgers to have to find someone.

Rushing four men and dropping seven in coverage and you say someone will be open. Let me ask you this then. How long do you think Rogers would have to find an open receiver with four guys in his face instead of the three when he completed that last TD pass? With three guys rushing Rogers had all the time in the world to look for or even wait for a receiver to get open and that's exactly what happened yesterday. Seven guys dropping back and three guys rushing would have dropped Rogers or forced an early throw possibly.

BK07071
12-05-2011, 05:49 PM

Rushing four men and dropping seven in coverage and you say someone will be open. Let me ask you this then. How long do you think Rogers would have to find an open receiver with four guys in his face instead of the three when he completed that last TD pass? With three guys rushing Rogers had all the time in the world to look for or even wait for a receiver to get open and that's exactly what happened yesterday. Seven guys dropping back and four guys rushing would have dropped Rogers or forced an early throw possibly.