PDA

View Full Version : Make some cap room GM's

NYSPORTS
02-21-2012, 10:40 AM
McKenzie isn't even on the books at $9 million over.

McKenzie - not resigned. Replaced by veteran FA or draft choice.

Brandon Jacobs - Gone 4.9 million saved with 2 million dead money. Replaced FA or Scott/Ware

David Diehl - Gone 3.8 million saved. Replaced by Beatty

Antrel Rolle - Gone $6 million saved with 3 million in dead money. Replaced by Terell Thomas at safety, Sash gets reps, Jones is the hybrid coming down in the box and perhaps a free agent brought in or Barron drafted in the first round.

Canty - restructured

YOU NEED TO CLEAR MONEY FOR 2013 as:

Kiwi is a free agent,
Nicks contract is coming up
Cruz will need more
JPP - do not let him get close to free agency
Tuck might be resigned
Osi - not sure what will happen here.

If you choose to keep the Rolle's, etc, choose who you want to lose from the group listed afterwards b/c you can't keep them all.

NYG216
02-21-2012, 11:22 AM
I would keep Rolle and lose Kiwi if that was the choice.

nygsb42champs
02-21-2012, 12:34 PM
I can not see them letting McKenzie and Diehl both walk away. You can not have your franchise QB protested by 2 young unproven O-lineman. I am not sold on Beatty. He did not look physical enough last year whn he was playing.

Spedracer
02-21-2012, 12:40 PM
I can not see them letting McKenzie and Diehl both walk away. You can not have your franchise QB protested by 2 young unproven O-lineman. I am not sold on Beatty. He did not look physical enough last year whn he was playing.

If Mckenzie is back he is a veteran minimum. He is way over the hill and it shows. They might keep him, but it's on the cheap at best.

Diehl is either gone or restructured. He is not worth even close to what he is due.

What good are veteran OL vs Rookie/unproven OL if the vets can't perform?

NYSPORTS
02-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Beatty is the LT
Booth or Petrus LG
Bass is Center
Snee is RG
RT - go find it or promote from within

Have to gain a ton of cap space for 2013 and beyond.

rainierjef
02-21-2012, 08:40 PM
whats the cap hit if we get rid of baas, i think boothe can fill that role or we can find one in the draft. like i said i like zeiter. he can play LG/C he sprung montee ball on most of his runs cause he pulls like a pro and gets the to the second level

GMAN8625
02-21-2012, 08:41 PM

Rolle is making WAY more than he should. He, Canty, and Jacobs all need to restructure because their all overpaid for their actual level of talent.

Voldamort
02-21-2012, 08:42 PM
I can not see them letting McKenzie and Diehl both walk away. You can not have your franchise QB protested by 2 young unproven O-lineman. I am not sold on Beatty. He did not look physical enough last year whn he was playing. Beatty looked soft to me?

CDN_G-FAN
02-21-2012, 08:48 PM
whats the cap hit if we get rid of baas, i think boothe can fill that role or we can find one in the draft. like i said i like zeiter. he can play LG/C he sprung montee ball on most of his runs cause he pulls like a pro and gets the to the second level

cap hit would be huge, baas is in the 2nd year of a 5 year deal with almost $12 million guaranteed.

if they took even guaranteed money each year, he would be $9 million in dead money if we cut him this year.

rainierjef
02-21-2012, 08:49 PM

Rolle is making WAY more than he should. He, Canty, and Jacobs all need to restructure because their all overpaid for their actual level of talent.
</P>

</P>

rolle played out of position all season, how say would you rate his actual level of talent if he had not been in his natural position all season?</P>

rainierjef
02-21-2012, 08:51 PM
whats the cap hit if we get rid of baas, i think boothe can fill that role or we can find one in the draft. like i said i like zeiter. he can play LG/C he sprung montee ball on most of his runs cause he pulls like a pro and gets the to the second level cap hit would be huge, baas is in the 2nd year of a 5 year deal with almost $12 million guaranteed. if they took even guaranteed money each year, he would be $9 million in dead money if we cut him this year.</P>

</P>

**** why did we make this deal? he wasn't even good in san fran who agreed to this fml</P>

JJC7301
02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
McKenzie isn't even on the books at $9 million over.

McKenzie - not resigned. Replaced by veteran FA or draft choice.

Brandon Jacobs - Gone 4.9 million saved with 2 million dead money. Replaced FA or Scott/Ware

David Diehl - Gone 3.8 million saved. Replaced by Beatty

Antrel Rolle - Gone $6 million saved with 3 million in dead money. Replaced by Terell Thomas at safety, Sash gets reps, Jones is the hybrid coming down in the box and perhaps a free agent brought in or Barron drafted in the first round.

Canty - restructured

YOU NEED TO CLEAR MONEY FOR 2013 as:

Kiwi is a free agent,
Nicks contract is coming up
Cruz will need more
JPP - do not let him get close to free agency
Tuck might be resigned
Osi - not sure what will happen here.

If you choose to keep the Rolle's, etc, choose who you want to lose from the group listed afterwards b/c you can't keep them all.
I pretty much agree with you except:

Ask Diehl to take a major cut and be a backup.

McKenzie has to go, unless he'll sign for much less money which I doubt. Replace him with Brewer.

Ask BJ to come back for less money which he said he's open to. I'm not convinced that he's done -- I think the running problems were with the o-line and not BJ and AB. I'm not ready to part ways with him yet.

I like Rolle, but I'm not paying him $9mil. Hopefully a stud S will be available in the 1st round that can start immediately. Unfortunately, Rolle's leadership will be missed unless he's willing to take a major cut.

Canty needs to take a cut, too. I'm not losing guys like Osi and MM because our expensive FA signings are preventing that. I'm not doing it. I'd rather lose Rolle and Canty, then Osi and MM (keep MM for the right price, that is.)

slipknottin
02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Rolle leaves closer to 6 million of dead money on the cap if he gets released.

Only reason Rolle is getting paid 9 mil this year is because he restructred last season.

Flip Empty
02-22-2012, 05:46 AM

By that logic, JPP, Tuck, Nicks and Cruz should get pay rises since they deserve more than what they're currently getting.

TrueBlue@NYC
02-22-2012, 09:42 AM
I think the team takes the same approach that it did last offseason and lets' it's big FA's walk this year, maybe make a couple of small vet signings and use the draft to stock at positions. </P>

Losing MM would suck, but you have to save money for when it comes time to resign Nicks and Cruz. </P>

If you can get away with not having Rolle restructure again I'd try to do that best as possible, b/c after this season I think his cap number goes back down significantly. </P>

MM, Ross, T2 and Goff are nice players, but they are replaceable. </P>

Remember after 2007, we lost Strahan, Mitchele, Wilson, Osi (injury) and Shockey and still went 12-4 the next season. If we can survive those losses after a SB, we cansurvive losing our current group ofFA;s. </P>

CDN_G-FAN
02-22-2012, 11:00 AM
whats the cap hit if we get rid of baas, i think boothe can fill that role or we can find one in the draft. like i said i like zeiter. he can play LG/C he sprung montee ball on most of his runs cause he pulls like a pro and gets the to the second level cap hit would be huge, baas is in the 2nd year of a 5 year deal with almost $12 million guaranteed. if they took even guaranteed money each year, he would be $9 million in dead money if we cut him this year.</P>

</P>

**** why did we make this deal? he wasn't even good in san fran who agreed to this fml</P>

</P>

LOL</P>

give him some time.</P>

the fanbase in san fran was pretty furious when we signed him, saying he should have been an offseason priority.</P>

</P>

iBleedBlue88
02-22-2012, 11:37 AM
The most sensible thing to do, instead of cutting starters who contribute, would be to restructure their contacts and make the salaries more reasonable.

Yes, I know that restucturing just pushes the issues into next year's cap, but guess what, in 2013 the cap skyrockets because thats when the new TV deals come into effect. so if we restructure now, we can deal with the inflated salaries next season under a much larger cap.

once scenario is take the guys who are the biggest cap hits (ELI, Rolle, Canty, Jacobs) and have them all play at the minimum salary allowed for a player with thier level of experience, convert what htey would have made into bonuses this year that dont affect the cap and pro-rate those bonuses over the life fo the contact, into years with a much larger cap that will only get larger.

MattMeyerBud
02-22-2012, 11:57 AM
whats the cap hit if we get rid of baas, i think boothe can fill that role or we can find one in the draft. like i said i like zeiter. he can play LG/C he sprung montee ball on most of his runs cause he pulls like a pro and gets the to the second level cap hit would be huge, baas is in the 2nd year of a 5 year deal with almost $12 million guaranteed. if they took even guaranteed money each year, he would be $9 million in dead money if we cut him this year.</p>

</p>

**** why did we make this deal? he wasn't even good in san fran who agreed to this fml</p>

</p>

LOL</p>

give him some time.</p>

the fanbase in san fran was pretty furious when we signed him, saying he should have been an offseason priority.</p>

</p>

between the injuries, the fact he had no real offseason, and had so little time to gel - the jury is still out wtih Baas. He played pretty damn good when it counted

MattMeyerBud
02-22-2012, 11:57 AM
The most sensible thing to do, instead of cutting starters who contribute, would be to restructure their contacts and make the salaries more reasonable.

Yes, I know that restucturing just pushes the issues into next year's cap, but guess what, in 2013 the cap skyrockets because thats when the new TV deals come into effect. so if we restructure now, we can deal with the inflated salaries next season under a much larger cap.

once scenario is take the guys who are the biggest cap hits (ELI, Rolle, Canty, Jacobs) and have them all play at the minimum salary allowed for a player with thier level of experience, convert what htey would have made into bonuses this year that dont affect the cap and pro-rate those bonuses over the life fo the contact, into years with a much larger cap that will only get larger.

These guys just won the superbowl and most restructured last year

its pretty unrealistic to ask them to do that.

burier
02-22-2012, 12:36 PM
We just need Rolle to play safety instead of Linebacker/nickle corner nonsense.

Canty needs his contract trashed in my opinion and start it over. He's got way to much film out there of him loafing to justify his pay.

Sad to say but Diehl needs to go.

Baas was very bad selection but not much you can do short of asking him to restructure.

Why is beatty being called soft? He's not a point of attack player and hasn't proven to be a liability in pass protection. He's fine.

We move on from Kmac replace him with the biggest fatest RT available in the 5th round.

How much money is Tuck making this year? I'm guessing he's over paid as well. If so fix it.

Didn't Jacobs already say he'd take a pay cut.?

Osi needs to take a clause added to his current contract that gives him some sort of boost for sacks and and forced fumbled but with his base staying the same. If he doesn't want to do that trade him for a 4th and keep it moving. We can move Sintim to his propper position at DE and we still have a legit pass rush rotation.

MattMeyerBud
02-22-2012, 12:40 PM

Canty needs his contract trashed in my opinion and start it over. He's got way to much film out there of him loafing to justify his pay.

Baas was very bad selection but not much you can do short of asking him to restructure.

Why is beatty being called soft? He's not a point of attack player and hasn't proven to be a liability in pass protection. He's fine.

We move on from Kmac replace him with the biggest fatest RT available in the 5th round.

How much money is Tuck making this year? I'm guessing he's over paid as well. If so fix it.

Osi needs to take a clause added to his current contract that gives him some sort of boost for sacks and and forced fumbled but with his base staying the same. If he doesn't want to do that trade him for a 4th and keep it moving. We can move Sintim to his propper position at DE and we still have a legit pass rush rotation.

i have to say that your pretty out of touch wtih reality with most of what you just said.

burier
02-22-2012, 12:43 PM

i have to say that your pretty out of touch wtih reality with most of what you just said.

are people allergic to specificity on these boards or what?

iBleedBlue88
02-22-2012, 12:55 PM

These guys just won the superbowl and most restructured last year

its pretty unrealistic to ask them to do that.

Its not like they would be taking pay cuts, in fact its the opposite, they get a bunch of NON-GUARENTEED salary and instead get it as a guarenteed bonus. seems like an ok deal to me.

BestOfTheBest
02-22-2012, 01:46 PM
adam sheftner just listed 5 worst cap teams on tv dismorning, dont know where he gets his #'s though

steelers 11mill over
raiders 11mil over
panthers 9mill over
giants 9mill over
jets even

loaded30
02-22-2012, 11:02 PM
McKenzie isn't even on the books at $9 million over. McKenzie - not resigned. Replaced by veteran FA or draft choice. Brandon Jacobs - Gone 4.9 million saved with 2 million dead money. Replaced FA or Scott/Ware David Diehl - Gone 3.8 million saved. Replaced by Beatty Antrel Rolle - Gone $6 million saved with 3 million in dead money. Replaced by Terell Thomas at safety, Sash gets reps, Jones is the hybrid coming down in the box and perhaps a free agent brought in or Barron drafted in the first round. Canty - restructured YOU NEED TO CLEAR MONEY FOR 2013 as: Kiwi is a free agent, Nicks contract is coming up Cruz will need more JPP - do not let him get close to free agency Tuck might be resigned Osi - not sure what will happen here. If you choose to keep the Rolle's, etc, choose who you want to lose from the group listed afterwards b/c you can't keep them all.I think everyone that signed during the uncapped seasons will restructure. Or at least should. Those signings don't help, and the players should understand the biddings that were taking place.