PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Gilbride has Two Super Bowl Rings

NYG 5
02-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Sean Payton has 1.
Josh McDaniels has 0 as a coordinator or coach

and surprisingly, he called a really good game during the super bowl. did a lot of of new stuff that you can tell the Pats weren't ready for.

was just reminded of Buddy Ryan jacking him in the face, and then realizing Buddy Ryan did nothing except be a nuisance with the Bagels.

F'n Killdrive has two Super Bowl rings

Gmen2005
02-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Sean Payton has 1.

and surprisingly, he called a really good game during the super bowl. did a lot of of new stuff that you can tell the Pats weren't ready for.

was just reminded of Buddy Ryan jacking him in the face, and then realizing Buddy Ryan did nothing except be a nuisance with the Bagels.

The Ryan family is full of idiots. As the season went on, the more happy I was with Gilbride. I really don't like the draw and 5 wide bubble screen but he has a good offense and Eli knows it well.

Moss#83
02-21-2012, 04:39 PM
KG is just a product of Eli Manning.

Firenugget
02-21-2012, 04:51 PM

Maybe he's a product of Moss...

Moss#83
02-21-2012, 05:22 PM

Maybe he's a product of Moss...
Tee hee....

slipknottin
02-21-2012, 05:25 PM

Or Manning is just a product of KG.

bansaw
02-21-2012, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gMXuTsQC6w

GMAN2
02-21-2012, 05:31 PM

Or Manning is just a product of KG.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

BlueJayC
02-21-2012, 05:41 PM
What I like about him....he stays the course and sticks with his gameplan regardless of production.</P>

What I hate about him....he stays the course and sticks with his gameplan regardless of production.</P>

Though I'd rather have someone else I can't argue with 2 SB rings.....</P>

egyptian420
02-21-2012, 05:44 PM
What I like about him....he stays the course and sticks with his gameplan regardless of production.</p>

What I hate about him....he stays the course and sticks with his gameplan regardless of production.</p>

Though I'd rather have someone else I can't argue with 2 SB rings.....</p>
I hate him when things aren't going well, I love him when things are going well

Diamondring
02-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I hope I see no more Killdrive around here.

YATittle1962
02-21-2012, 07:52 PM

comedy is good

GMENAGAIN
02-21-2012, 08:21 PM
KG is just a product of Eli Manning.</P>

Your screen name is based upon Sinorice Moss . . . . enough said</P>

RoanokeFan
02-21-2012, 08:24 PM
What I like about him....he stays the course and sticks with his gameplan regardless of production.</p>

What I hate about him....he stays the course and sticks with his gameplan regardless of production.</p>

Though I'd rather have someone else I can't argue with 2 SB rings.....</p>
I hate him when things aren't going well, I love him when things are going well

A rare honest post!!

Moss#83
02-22-2012, 10:42 AM
A HOF QB who is entering his prime can do wonders for an average OC.

One thing we know as a fact. The amount of rings Coughling and KG won before Eli Manning.

blueomaha
02-22-2012, 10:57 AM
KG is just a product of Eli Manning.http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/peppi211/SMxMq.gif
hahahaha....wtf.....

TrueBlue@NYC
02-22-2012, 11:06 AM
A HOF QB who is entering his prime can do wonders for an average OC. One thing we know as a fact. The amount of rings Coughling and KG won before Eli Manning.</P>

The same as the number of rings Walsh won without Montanta. What's your point? </P>

Name an OCwho'se offenses have been as consistently good as the Giants over the past 5 years. </P>

buffyblue
02-22-2012, 11:54 AM
KG takes a lot of flak but the bottom line is execution. The guy calls a great game and more often than not it is execution that hurts us. Everyone cries about 3rd and barely 1 or 4th and inches and how everybody know the play and stops it. Hey folks, when you have a 64 270 pound runningback more often than not everyone is going to know the play call in that situation and more often than not the 64 270 runningback should knock folks over and get the 1st down and not try to be the tiptoe burglar.

The offensive gameplan in SuperBowl XLVI ate up the clock and kept Tom Brady on the sidelines where we needed him to be.

If there is any problem with some of the play calling in the SuperBowl look at the defense. Why the heck was JPP dropping back into pass coverage in the redzone on that Danny Woodhead TD? That was a very dumb call.

Smurf
02-22-2012, 12:10 PM
"If there is any problem with some of the play calling in the SuperBowl look at the defense. Why the heck was JPP dropping back into pass coverage in the redzone on that Danny Woodhead TD? That was a very dumb call."

I beleive that JPP made that decision on his own.
NFLN sounds of the game had Perry asking him why he did that and we need you to rush!

Bohemian
02-22-2012, 12:19 PM
I actually like Gilbride's system. I think that the Giants have hired good people over the past few years, and that the proof is in the championships. My concerns have more to do with player-personnel than with the offensive or defensive coordinators.

I agree that is it all about the rings, but to more objective, one has to see how Gilbride was always been a sought-after coordinator all around the league for a very long time.

burier
02-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Sean Payton has 1.

I think Killdrive deserves some credit for designing a strong offense.

Sometimes his playcalling is annoying...no sickening..no maddening.

But I like the idea of virticle passing but at times it seems like the gameplan doesn't include a contingency plan for when that isn't working due to pressure.

Otherwise...meh I guess he's ok.

NYG 5
02-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Sean Payton has 1.

I think Killdrive deserves some credit for designing a strong offense.

Sometimes his playcalling is annoying...no sickening..no maddening.

But I like the idea of virticle passing but at times it seems like the gameplan doesn't include a contingency plan for when that isn't working due to pressure.

Otherwise...meh I guess he's ok.

the thing I always hated was the lack of a backfield threat and a good checkdown game. everyone was just running go's or hooks.

now he's getting the fullbacks in there, getting Jacobs in there to run against corners, getting Bradshaw in there. i think, aside from the Boothe hold, and Manningham dropping the following pass, Killdrive was getting ready to cut the Patriots apart.

nygsb42champs
02-22-2012, 04:24 PM
That is a amzing stat isn't it?

Harooni
02-22-2012, 11:08 PM
hopefully he will use that on his resume when he interviews for a HC position

Drez
02-22-2012, 11:49 PM
hopefully he will use that on his resume when he interviews for a HC position
</P>

I don't think KG is HC material. I think he's a very good to excellent OC, but I just don't think he has what it takes to be a head coach.</P>