PDA

View Full Version : ESPN First Take - Skip Bayless/My Take (surprising)

NYfanatic
12-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Well I watched it today and he was debating with Stephen A. Smith , Eric Manigni and Jon Richie.
What they had to say about the giants was it was a "Moral" victory which is completely true and remember the last time we lost to a undefeated team in the regular season? we lost by 3 to the pats 38-35
and then went on a unbeaten run. Who says we wont do the same?10-6 like 2007? Magical run through Lambue in the NFC champ game again? beating another unbeaten team again in the playoffs?
Then taking revenge by beating the Ravens in the bowl for the 2000 loss?
Thats the way it could, COULD happen. Or the giants lose next week and we fire tom coughlin. Who knows.
He did pick the Cowboys to still win the divsion but said the loss to the cardinals could put a huge psychological edge to the Giants while the cowboys could just pull a huge collapse with the loss to a not so good team. So main point we have the momentum the cowboys dont.
But also it is sickening how much stephen smith and richie hate Tebow. Really? "Tebow is lucky to play in the NFL"? What? Lucky? that your excuse now?
Richie "I am off the tebow bandwagon?" for him only completing 10 passes". Yea he went 10-15, 202 yards, 2 Tds, and a 149.9 qb rating. Really? Really? I swear they are the most ignorant haterz out their next to chris carter and Merrill Hoge (who wasnt at ESPN today...Funny remember when he said
"Embarrassing to think the Broncos can win with Tebow" (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-03/merril-hoge-embarrassing-to-think-broncos-could-win-with-tebow)
I just hope if we dont win this year the Broncos do and makes ESPN have a mass suicide on live tv.

sharick88
12-05-2011, 03:21 PM
It is what it is. Media heads (especially BSPN and NFLN) will pat themselves on the back when they are right and say next to nothing when they are wrong. I honestly don't give one flying **** what these people say about the giants, good or bad

burier
12-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Well I watched it today and he was debating with Stephen A. Smith , Eric Manigni and Jon Richie.
What they had to say about the giants was it was a "Moral" victory which is completely true and remember the last time we lost to a undefeated team in the regular season? we lost by 3 to the pats 38-35
and then went on a unbeaten run. Who says we wont do the same?10-6 like 2007? Magical run through Lambue in the NFC champ game again? beating another unbeaten team again in the playoffs?
Thats the way it could, COULD happen. Or the giants lose next week and we fire tom coughlin. Who knows.
He did pick the Cowboys to still win the divsion but said the loss to the cardinals could put a huge psychological edge to the Giants while the cowboys could just pull a huge collapse with the loss to a not so good team. So main point we have the momentum the cowboys dont.
But also it is sickening how much stephen smith and richie hate Tebow. Really? "Tebow is lucky to play in the NFL"? What? Lucky? that your excuse now?
Richie "I am off the tebow bandwagon?" for him only completing 10 passes". Yea he went 10-15, 202 yards, 2 Tds, and a 149.9 qb rating. Really? Really? I swear they are the most ignorant haterz out their next to chris carter and Merrill Hoge (who wasnt at ESPN today...Funny remember when he said
"Embarrassing to think the Broncos can win with Tebow" (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-03/merril-hoge-embarrassing-to-think-broncos-could-win-with-tebow)
I just hope if we dont win this year the Broncos do and makes ESPN have a mass suicide on live tv.

1) No one cares about Tim Tebow

2) Im pretty sure you said you'd change your avatar so...get to it

egyptian420
12-05-2011, 03:29 PM
It is what it is. Media heads (especially BSPN and NFLN) will pat themselves on the back when they are right and say next to nothing when they are wrong. I honestly don't give one flying **** what these people say about the giants, good or bad
+1....NFLN is a tiny bit more watchable than BSPN, but your right, they're all a bunch of clowns

GiantWarfare
12-05-2011, 03:36 PM

<u>But also it is sickening how much stephen smith and richie hate Tebow. Really? "Tebow is lucky to play in the NFL"? What? Lucky? that your excuse now?
I just hope if we dont win this year the Broncos do and makes ESPN have a mass suicide on live tv. </u>

Too much Tebow talk for my liking

vinylord
12-05-2011, 04:27 PM
There is a vocal minority - the christian right - that has adopted Tim-E as their hero, solely because he prays for victory. So some people do care about him.
Conversely, others are so irked, they mock his jesus christ pose and call it "t-bowing". I personally find that funny - in a SNL kinda way......

egyptian420
12-05-2011, 04:43 PM
There is a vocal minority - the christian right - that has adopted Tim-E as their hero, solely because he prays for victory. So some people do care about him.
Conversely, others are so irked, they mock his jesus christ pose and call it "t-bowing". I personally find that funny - in a SNL kinda way......
As a Christian myself, I think he shouldn't be wearing his beliefs on his sleeves like that. That stuff should be personal. He's allowing himself to be the subject of controversy and using religion in the wrong manner. I'm pretty sure Peyton, Eli, Brees, Rodgers are all Christians as well but they don't go around overly promoting it solely for their reputation or image. I think that's a wrong reason to have faith.

However, I will say that he's got talent and shall continue to improve and he has an overall good attitude about life, he just needs to stop welcoming controversy.

NYfanatic
12-05-2011, 04:54 PM

<u>But also it is sickening how much stephen smith and richie hate Tebow. Really? "Tebow is lucky to play in the NFL"? What? Lucky? that your excuse now?
I just hope if we dont win this year the Broncos do and makes ESPN have a mass suicide on live tv. </u>

Too much Tebow talk for my liking

Which is why I separated it from the Giant talk.

NYfanatic
12-05-2011, 04:55 PM

1) No one cares about Tim Tebow

2) Im pretty sure you said you'd change your avatar so...get to it
I forgot If said if the Giants won I would or if is was close...
Whatever, it was close and a moral victory so close enough.
But if the giants lose next week its back to tebow.

sharick88
12-05-2011, 06:17 PM
If you're lucky enough to spend 5 minutes or 20 minutes around Tim Tebow, YOUR LIFE is better for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0xTX94VBtE

TroyArcher
12-05-2011, 06:20 PM

Anti-religous sentiment is rampant in this country. The media, hollywood and many our so called leaders so no surprise that some mental midgets on a sports cable show are religous bigots.

NYfanatic
12-05-2011, 06:23 PM
If you're lucky enough to spend 5 minutes or 20 minutes around Tim Tebow, YOUR LIFE is better for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0xTX94VBtE
I would love to meet him at a autograph signing or a game.
Maybe I might be able to whenever he plays the Giants.

TuckYou
12-12-2011, 11:16 AM
They just spent the first 25 minutes of the show on Tim Tebow. The next 5 was about the Giants Cowboys game.

repeatchamps
12-12-2011, 12:31 PM
They just spent the first 25 minutes of the show on Tim Tebow. The next 5 was about the Giants Cowboys game.</P>

In those 5 minutes let me guess what was said by Bayless:</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Giants got lucky, it was a fluke win, Romo is still better than Eli and Dallas will still win the division easily, in fact they'll clinch before the rematch on New Year's Day.</FONT></P>

egyptian420
12-12-2011, 12:38 PM
They just spent the first 25 minutes of the show on Tim Tebow. The next 5 was about the Giants Cowboys game.</p>

In those 5 minutes let me guess what was said by Bayless:</p>

<font color="#ff0000">Giants got lucky, it was a fluke win, Romo is still better than Eli and Dallas will still win the division easily, in fact they'll clinch before the rematch on New Year's Day.</font></p>
I didn't watch it but I could imagine it was something along those same lines.

DEgiants89
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM

That is why you gotta watch NFLN over espn...espn is just good for sportscenter/pti/aroundthehorn and other sports news. NFLN aint perfect but it is better than the rest

TuckYou
12-12-2011, 12:54 PM
They just spent the first 25 minutes of the show on Tim Tebow. The next 5 was about the Giants Cowboys game.</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Giants got lucky, it was a fluke win, Romo is still better than Eli and Dallas will still win the division easily, in fact they'll clinch before the rematch on New Year's Day.</FONT></P>

</P>

Shockingly no. Both him and Stephan A Smith were very subdued. Must be tired. Skip just was like, "I dont know... Rex Ryan is overrated...Eli is a great QB" The thing that I did hear on SC though was Dilfer saying the Cowboys lost because of their injuries... I found that hilarious. He said Miles Austin wasnt 100% otherwise he makes that catch for the TD and ends it. He might be right about Austin not being 100%, but Romo over threw it. And the fact that half our team is out and hurt makes him sound dumb.</P>

repeatchamps
12-12-2011, 01:44 PM

</P>

Shockingly no. Both him and Stephan A Smith were very subdued. Must be tired. Skip just was like, "I dont know... Rex Ryan is overrated...Eli is a great QB" The thing that I did hear on SC though was Dilfer saying the Cowboys lost because of their injuries... I found that hilarious. He said Miles Austin wasnt 100% otherwise he makes that catch for the TD and ends it. He might be right about Austin not being 100%, but Romo over threw it. And the fact that half our team is out and hurt makes him sound dumb.</P>

</P>

Surprised about Bayless. Stephen A Smith actually has been giving the Giants credit this year other than his Burress garbage, he's been fair. As far asDilfer, overall he's a good analyst anddoes giveEli his due often. One of the few ESPN guys who does.I like listening to his analysis becausehe digs deeper than some of the other talking heads. Helikes QB's that are criticized and underappreciatedas heunderstands that quite well obviously.He's improved over the yearsas an analyst but every now and then he stillmakes a brain fart comment like that one.</P>

BParcells777
12-12-2011, 01:50 PM

Thats a scarry thought....all those guys we've come to love but hate in a dormatory with those triangular blankets over their heads, laying lifeless......Ughhhh!!!!

Troy and Joe jumping off the tallest building in Indy after the Super Bowl........or do we not have to watch those two meatballs this Super Bowl??

Hostetler
12-12-2011, 05:58 PM
great win last night - had me biting my nails with the Packers game the week before.</P>

</P>

on a side note, regardless of how anyone feels about Tebow, I have to say he is "must see T.V.", he has taken a 2-5 team to 8-5 with a real shot at winning thier division, yes a lot of credit for the Bronco defense, but Tebow has put up the points when it was needed.</P>

appodictic
12-12-2011, 11:03 PM
As a Christian myself, I think he shouldn't be wearing his beliefs on his sleeves like that. That stuff should be personal. He's allowing himself to be the subject of controversy and using religion in the wrong manner. I'm pretty sure Peyton, Eli, Brees, Rodgers are all Christians as well but they don't go around overly promoting it solely for their reputation or image. I think that's a wrong reason to have faith.

However, I will say that he's got talent and shall continue to improve and he has an overall good attitude about life, he just needs to stop welcoming controversy.
Having watched football for years now many college teams and pro teams pray together before and after games , and many times some players from both teams take a knee right after the game.

That and everyone is always "thanking God" tbo did not invent praying. If he wants to promote religion that is really his choice. I don't care either way he can make a christian rock album. who cares?

appodictic
12-12-2011, 11:03 PM

Having watched football for years now many college teams and pro teams pray together before and after games , and many times some players from both teams take a knee right after the game.

That and everyone is always "thanking God" tbo did not invent praying. If he wants to promote religion that is really his choice. I don't care either way he can make a christian rock album. who cares?