PDA

View Full Version : Jacquian Williams

ibbill
02-21-2012, 03:00 PM
This kid had a heck of a year. Seeing he only started 2 games. Could this guy be the MLB we have been looking for finally. STATS (http://www.nfl.com/player/jacquianwilliams/2499260/profile)

Martyr
02-21-2012, 03:07 PM
This kid had a heck of a year. Seeing he only started 2 games. Could this guy be the MLB we have been looking for finally. STATS (http://www.nfl.com/player/jacquianwilliams/2499260/profile)
</P>

Agreed I would think he'll see the field even more next year. I dont think he fits the mold of a mlb imo</P>

Eli TO Shockey
02-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Kiwis contract is up after next season. I can see Jaquan being his replacement eventually. He would be entering his 3rd year.. I dont see him as the MLB type. I'm still holding out hope that herzlick takes that spot as his career continues.

aBladeOfBlue
02-21-2012, 03:19 PM

I think he fits the Tampa2 MLB skillset. Fast, can drop into coverage and he seems like a decent tackler. He could even get a few picks just like Chase did in the superbowl.

ibbill
02-21-2012, 03:32 PM
You maybe right about mlb. We got a hell of a player for a 6th rd pick.

TheBookOfEli
02-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Kiwis contract is up after next season. I can see Jaquan being his replacement eventually.* He would be entering his 3rd year.. I dont see him as the MLB type. I'm still holding out hope that herzlick takes that spot as his career continues.

I don't think he fits being a strong side linebacker. I always assumed that if needed, Boley could switch to the Middle and Williams takes his old spot at the weak side.

Martyr
02-21-2012, 07:46 PM
You maybe right about mlb. We got a hell of a player for a 6th rd pick.</P>

That my friend we can all agree on</P>

Bohemian
02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Williams looks to be of the same mold as Boley, and I hope that keeps improving, as he has shown to be a great prospect. Kind of reminds me of Jessie Armstead (and 8th round pick).

RonJon
02-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Was very impressed with his growth. Seemed like he was on a mission to prove something after he got burned by Jermichael Finley late in that first GB game. Just wish Greg Jones would have made more of an impact

TrueBlue@NYC
02-22-2012, 10:08 AM
He certainly stepped up, and fit in well as our nickle LBer. Which is almost like a starting spot these days. </P>

Not sure what Lber spot he'd fit in best as a traditional 4-3 starter. </P>

Redeyejedi
02-22-2012, 10:50 AM
You have to remember these guys didnt have an off season to get with the strength trainers.I bet he comes to camp 10 pounds heavier he has the frame for it. Boley has 2 years left on his deal and wil be 32 when it runs out.He probably wont be resigned and Williams will take his spot as a WLB.For now he will be the Nickel LB

Bohemian
02-22-2012, 10:54 AM
I thought that Jones played well in special teams. I did see him (Jones) more comfortable on the field as the season progressed, but I do hope that that translates to his ability to play on the defense more regularly as well.

As far as Williams goes, he is a diamond in the rough who appears to promise a lot of production next season. I don't recall the Jermichael Finley play, but I thought that, other than the penalty he committed, he had a great game.

Go Blue!

Bohemian
02-22-2012, 10:58 AM
You have to remember these guys didnt have an off season to get with the strength trainers.I bet he comes to camp 10 pounds heavier he has the frame for it. Boley has 2 years left on his deal and wil be 32 when it runs out.He probably wont be resigned and Williams will take his spot as a WLB.For now he will be the Nickel LB

It would be a real shame not to see Boley on the team. He is a great leader. I guess that the economics of it all may get in way of him retiring a Giant. Boley has been the consummate professional, and great warrior as our main cover linebacker. Boley kind of reminds me of a lighter version of Pepper Johnson.

JesseJames
02-22-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't think anybody really knows what we have with our young group of LBers yet since they didn't have the benefit of OTAs and summer camp, next year they may all be a whole lot better than we've seen so far and the competition will be huge..

BlueSanta
02-22-2012, 11:19 AM
I kept saying towards the end of the season, this kid was having statistically 1 of the best years ever for a NYG rookie LB.

3rd among rookies in tackles, and he only started a couple games far fewer than anyone else who's stats even remotely compare to JW's. .

He outperformed some pretty big named rookies that a lot of people on these boards were screaming for last year. In my opinion, this is among the single best selection of any round in the entire draft last year. The media will catch on to this soon too. This kid is a star.

Kase-1
02-22-2012, 11:44 AM
The way JQ Williams fly's around the field I would love to see him as the OLB of the future. While LBs do tend to play a decently long career I would like to have a backup player ready to go and start at the drop of a dime. Teach him the SLB and WLB spots as long as the Joker role we use with Kiwi and we have another defensive weapon for years to come