PDA

View Full Version : Referee confirming jennings td was fishy

KillaRich
12-05-2011, 02:48 PM
When he came out to confirm the play....he quickly turned as soon as he was done and even made a face no explanation or anything,like they so often do.... i wonder if he knew it was wrong and messed up.....the people upstairs are idiots

Zaggs
12-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Well there are two things refs can say. "The play stands" which means there was not overwhelming proof to reverse the call and "The call on the field has been confirmed" meaning the evidence backed up the call.

Ruttiger711
12-05-2011, 02:53 PM
When he came out to confirm the play....he quickly turned as soon as he was done and even made a face no explanation or anything,like they so often do.... i wonder if he knew it was wrong and messed up.....the people upstairs are idiots</P>

</P>

all you need is 1/100th of a second of possesion (not the actual rule) with both feet for a td - its crap - but the rule gave the refs the ability not to overturn... had he gone down he would have had to hold on to the ball. </P>

gmen0820
12-05-2011, 02:57 PM
He had possession. It was awkward, but the ball wasn't moving until after his feet were already down long enough.

The confirmation was fishy, I will definitely give you that.

Zaggs
12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
When he came out to confirm the play....he quickly turned as soon as he was done and even made a face no explanation or anything,like they so often do.... i wonder if he knew it was wrong and messed up.....the people upstairs are idiots</p>

</p>

all you need is 1/100th of a second of possesion (not the actual rule) with both feet for a td - its crap - but the rule gave the refs the ability not to overturn... had he gone down he would have had to hold on to the ball. </p>

Yeah, it gave them an excuse to make the call even though in other situations the fact he moved the ball it would have been called no TD.

sharick88
12-05-2011, 03:09 PM
The officiating that game was absolutely horrible. Probably the worst I've seen in like forever. Ask Orlando Brown what he thinks of Jeff Triplette

Ruttiger711
12-05-2011, 03:09 PM
When he came out to confirm the play....he quickly turned as soon as he was done and even made a face no explanation or anything,like they so often do.... i wonder if he knew it was wrong and messed up.....the people upstairs are idiots</P>

</P>

all you need is 1/100th of a second of possesion (not the actual rule) with both feet for a td - its crap - but the rule gave the refs the ability not to overturn... had he gone down he would have had to hold on to the ball. </P>

Yeah, it gave them an excuse to make the call even though in other situations the fact he moved the ball it would have been called no TD.
</P>

</P>

Its amazing that they try and cram so much detail into the rules so that "everything's covered" and it still winds up being a judgement call. </P>

Kruunch
12-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Apparently he made a football move with his pinky.

pino
12-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I thought he only had one foot in bounds after he gained control.

JMFP2
12-05-2011, 03:15 PM
If that were Jake Ballard making that catch, no way in hell would the ref have called that a TD.

That was a Jennings/Packers/Rodgers call, without a doubt.

bansaw
12-05-2011, 03:18 PM
The officiating that game was absolutely horrible. Probably the worst I've seen in like forever. Ask Orlando Brown what he thinks of Jeff TripletteI think Orlando died [:|]

Kruunch
12-05-2011, 03:20 PM
The officiating that game was absolutely horrible. Probably the worst I've seen in like forever. Ask Orlando Brown what he thinks of Jeff Triplette

I thnk Triplette said he didn't see anything that game.

ZING!

Zaggs
12-05-2011, 03:21 PM
I thought he only had one foot in bounds after he gained control.

In 90% of the other catches like that you'd be right. But the refs are saying (I bet) that with two hands out holding it like a hot potato he had two feet down. Any further movement did not matter according to the refs. According to Pereira since it was a "play stands" incomplete would have stood replay challenge as well.
Too bad Prince didn't just knock him on his *** when he made the catch. Then he probably would have dropped it.

fletch842
12-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I agree that it was a terribly called game, and while most of the close calls went the Packers way yesterday, we did get a few beneficial calls as well (no call on JPP launching himself on the missed field goal to end the first half for instance).

BigBlue187
12-05-2011, 03:50 PM
If he doesnt call it a TD on the field it wouldn't have been overturned. to me it looked like if any time he had possesion it was the spit second before it got knocked down, and I don't know where his feet were.

sodbuster
12-05-2011, 04:49 PM
if that was a td yesterday? then last year calvin johnsons catch in the end zone where he landed on his butt held the ball over his head then turned and put the ball on the ground wile getting up off the ground..they called it no td.. johnson had better controle of the ball than jennings did yesterday..

Ruttiger711
12-05-2011, 04:52 PM
if that was a td yesterday? then last year calvin johnsons catch in the end zone where he landed on his butt held the ball over his head then turned and put the ball on the ground wile getting up off the ground..they called it no td.. johnson had better controle of the ball than jennings did yesterday..</P>

different set of rules when you go to the ground. </P>

BParcells777
12-05-2011, 04:59 PM
they beat us fair and square......if that were Nicks you would be saying TD

I thought he held it at the end firmly in one hand