PDA

View Full Version : Tiki blacklisted?your thoughts?

pica01
02-21-2012, 08:17 PM
We're you as surprized as I was that noone even brought Tiki into camp and played him in preseason?His twin is still playing.He is a very low mileage 36 yo rb who retired at the top of his game.Yet,not one team even extended a no risk,high reward invite to camp to even see if he had anything to offer.Hey,he's persona non grata to every Giant fan,but what did other teams have to lose inviting him to camp?I'm sure he would've accepted the veteran minimum from anyone who would've given him a chance.Say what you will about Tiki,but he was a great RB who at 32 was among the best RB's in the NFL.To think that no NFL team took a no risk flier to possibly catch lightning in a bottle is shocking to me.Geez,think about it.Teams bring dozens of unknown FA's into camp.Noone even gave Tiki a looksee.Yeah,32 year old RB's are done at 36.But what if they didn't play for those 4 years.Seems worth a no cost look in camp for someone,huh?I guess he burnt all NFL bridges,not just the Giants bridge.Tiki,the evil twin.Put a fumanchu on him.

FBomb
02-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Tiki is old, been out of the game for 5 years and has no heart for the game. He was looking for a payday.....nothing more. There are plenty of young RB looking for a team to give them a chance who are hungry.</P>

Not surprised at all.</P>

Martyr
02-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Man Tiki must hate the Giants lol</P>

he retires the Giants win sb42 </P>

he unretires &amp; gets released by the Giants which go on to win sb46</P>

</P>

pica01
02-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Jim Fassel also confuses me.I can't fathom that he hasn't gotten another job.Say what you will,but he wasn't terrible and took us to a SB.Norv turner gets another HC job.Geez,Mangini get's a 2nd gig the next year.Who did Fassel piss off?He even went out and won a championship in that usfl or whatever it was called.Much less sucessful 1st time head coaches than Fassel have gotten 2nd gigs.

FBomb
02-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Jim Fassel also confuses me.I can't fathom that he hasn't gotten another job.Say what you will,but he wasn't terrible and took us to a SB.Norv turner gets another HC job.Geez,Mangini get's a 2nd gig the next year.Who did Fassel piss off?He even went out and won a championship in that usfl or whatever it was called.Much less sucessful 1st time head coaches than Fassel have gotten 2nd gigs.</P>

I cannot fathom how Turkey Neck keeps getting headphones!!!</P>

TuckYou
02-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Plax, TO, Moss, hell even Jerry Rice had a better shot at getting picked up. </P>

Tiki burned all his bridges and has no legs left. If he left and kept his mouth shut, Im sure he would of found something if he was back in shape.</P>

GmenFan1980
02-21-2012, 08:53 PM
http://courtneylynnsopinion.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/why.jpg

Just wondering is all :/

bansaw
02-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Jim Fassel also confuses me.I can't fathom that he hasn't gotten another job.Say what you will,but he wasn't terrible and took us to a SB.Norv turner gets another HC job.Geez,Mangini get's a 2nd gig the next year.Who did Fassel piss off?He even went out and won a championship in that usfl or whatever it was called.Much less sucessful 1st time head coaches than Fassel have gotten 2nd gigs.he threw his players under the bus on a regular basis, he blew his chance at the NFL

gfd_2
02-21-2012, 09:35 PM
He's the coach, GM and president of the Las Vegas Locomotives. He's won coach of the year. He was on the Michael Kay show in the week before the SB and seemed pretty happy with how things worked out.

pica01
02-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Gmen,I'm a newby here.I like discussing football.Not cheerleading.The fact that Tiki didn't get a sniff surprized me.I was interested hearing from other Giant fans who might have something to say on the subject.Do I care?No,not really.Would I like alittle intelligent discussion about something that surprized me.Yes.Didn't it surprize you somewhat that no one took a no risk flier?Just wondering too.

TimsGiants
02-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Not surprised

Tiki threw his coach and his quarterback under the bus. What team would want a player like that especially a old one?

slipknottin
02-21-2012, 09:53 PM
How do you figure its no cost to bring him into camp?

He needs a contract to be in camp. And then they have to pay the insurance in case he gets hurt.

pica01
02-21-2012, 10:00 PM
you can bring any free agent into camp without a contract,That's why they're called a free agent.Yeah,they're paid a per diem and they do cost something but don't have a contract.Draft picks have a contract.Free agents don't.

GmenFan1980
02-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Gmen,I'm a newby here.I like discussing football.Not cheerleading.The fact that Tiki didn't get a sniff surprized me.I was interested hearing from other Giant fans who might have something to say on the subject.Do I care?No,not really.Would I like alittle intelligent discussion about something that surprized me.Yes.Didn't it surprize you somewhat that no one took a no risk flier?Just wondering too.

No i'm not shocked in the slightest he didn't get picked up. People will make personnel decision just as much on someones public image as how the scouting report tells.

Tiki has made bad life decisions and in terms of football will be remembered as the guy who retired early, called out his coach and QB .

Besides that, who needed him? Browns had Hillis, panthers had Williams, Colts make RB look bad anyway so no point there, Vikings have peterson, dolphins were trying out Bush, Bills were good, Skins were fine, Rams had Jackson, Saints just drafted one and got sproles, etc.

My point, no one needed him :/

slipknottin
02-21-2012, 10:02 PM
you can bring any free agent into camp without a contract,That's why they're called a free agent.

No, you have to sign them to a contract.

Notice how no players in camp are still free agents. They are all under contract.

JJC7301
02-21-2012, 10:10 PM
It wasn't like he was coming back at the age of 30 after taking off 5 years. I'm not surprised at all that no one game him a shot.

mainegiantsfan
02-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I resent the jerk for bad mouthing his former team, and then leaving his wife who I believe was pragnant. I really liked him prior to all this, but he has lost all respect from me. Glad he is booed when he returns. Keep it up NY fans, it is what he deserves.

GameTime
02-21-2012, 10:31 PM
the Mara's are obviously well respected in the NFL.He wants 0 to do with Tiki Barber. I can almost see it as a respect from other owners. I understand the other stuff too but this plays a big part in it as well I bet.

mainegiantsfan
02-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Not a bad thought. I can see where the owners didn't want this cancer on their team.

GameTime
02-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Not a bad thought. I can see where the owners didn't want this cancer on their team.</P>

I was privy to some inside information that Mara won't even take his calls. At least this is what I was told. Hate to sound like a gossip but it was from a good source.</P>

VelocityVirus
02-22-2012, 12:07 AM
We're you as surprized as I was that noone even brought Tiki into camp and played him in preseason?His twin is still playing.He is a very low mileage 36 yo rb who retired at the top of his game.Yet,not one team even extended a no risk,high reward invite to camp to even see if he had anything to offer.Hey,he's persona non grata to every Giant fan,but what did other teams have to lose inviting him to camp?I'm sure he would've accepted the veteran minimum from anyone who would've given him a chance.Say what you will about Tiki,but he was a great RB who at 32 was among the best RB's in the NFL.To think that no NFL team took a no risk flier to possibly catch lightning in a bottle is shocking to me.Geez,think about it.Teams bring dozens of unknown FA's into camp.Noone even gave Tiki a looksee.Yeah,32 year old RB's are done at 36.But what if they didn't play for those 4 years.Seems worth a no cost look in camp for someone,huh?I guess he burnt all NFL bridges,not just the Giants bridge.Tiki,the evil twin.Put a fumanchu on him.

Wall of text crits you for 9999 damage!

You died.

Harooni
02-22-2012, 12:09 AM
I was a bit surprised the problem is he was a ten year vet , the min is a nice chunk. Miami brought him in for a workout. I do think if he could have been paid 250-500k someone would have took a shot on him.

Toadofsteel
02-22-2012, 12:38 AM
No one wants to take a shot with tiki because every team knows that if they take him in, whenever they next play the giants, the defense will go ape**** on him...

Firenugget
02-22-2012, 02:32 AM
Am I surprised that people are STILL making Tiki threads 6 years after he retired? Yep.

chasjay
02-22-2012, 06:56 AM
The term 'blacklisted' suggests that the Owners conspired to freeze him out of the league. If an Owner or GM had felt that Tiki, with his veteran salary requirements, would have given their team a better shot, someone would have made a move for him. His value was merely found to be lacking - nothing to see here.

pica01
02-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I agree GT.The Mara's are well respected.And Tiki is persona non grata.I also wonder if Fassel did something the Mara's didn't like that other GM's know that we don't.Fassel's a real head scratcher not getting another HC gig,considering others less sucessful getting 2nd and even 3rd shots.

Harooni
02-23-2012, 01:59 PM
I dont think the mara's blackballed tiki.

Tiki loved their father and played his heart out for him in the memorial game.

If you remember Tiki was invited to the Ring of Honor.

pica01
02-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Let me ask you guys this hypothetical.Assume 2 things.Tiki left under good terms like Strahan.And Bradshaw couldn't return after missing those games.Would you have had a problem if we brought Tiki in,considering he already knew the system?Just curious.

Harooni
02-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Let me ask you guys this hypothetical.Assume 2 things.Tiki left under good terms like Strahan.And Bradshaw couldn't return after missing those games.Would you have had a problem if we brought Tiki in,considering he already knew the system?Just curious.

If AB was out , yes Tiki would have been the best FA we could have pulled. even with the drama.

the only issue would be TC .

pica01
02-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Harooni,don't get me wrong.Tiki was the best RB in Giants history and always played his heart out.It's how he left and what he's said since that I wonder about.Is he in the ring of honor?We usually have a halftime ceremony for that.I don't see that ever happening.

Harooni
02-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Harooni,don't get me wrong.Tiki was the best RB in Giants history and always played his heart out.It's how he left and what he's said since that I wonder about.Is he in the ring of honor?We usually have a halftime ceremony for that.I don't see that ever happening.

yes remember he got boo'ed by ungrateful fans

http://www.thegrio.com/assets_c/2010/10/Bears%20Giants%20Football_Wils-thumb-400xauto-13259.jpg

pica01
02-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Harooni,I was saying if Tiki left on good terms.I would think that even if AB,Jacobs and Ware all got hurt the same week they'de use me at RB before Tiki now.Who knows.That's what hypotheticals are about.To those who say who cares,it's postseason,just having some fun.

pica01
02-23-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm surprized I don't remember that.Must of missed that halftime.Not unusual.Just another reason the Giant's are the classiest org in the league.I wouldn't have done that.

Harooni
02-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Harooni,I was saying if Tiki left on good terms.I would think that even if AB,Jacobs and Ware all got hurt the same week they'de use me at RB before Tiki now.Who knows.That's what hypotheticals are about.To those who say who cares,it's postseason,just having some fun.

i agree with you because there was a Coughlin issue. If he left on good terms with TC then i think 100 percent he would have been picked up if a major injury happened.

but even with the things said if he had patched things up with TC ,he could have came back. Tiki never said a bad word about the org or reese.