PDA

View Full Version : TE'S JAKE BALLARD & TRAVIS BECKUM UNDERGO ACL SURGERY

RoanokeFan
02-22-2012, 07:26 PM
TE'S JAKE BALLARD & TRAVIS BECKUM UNDERGO ACL SURGERY (http://www.giantsgab.com/2012/02/21/tes-jake-ballard-travis-beckum-undergo-acl-surgery/)

"It appears today marked the first day in a long road to recovery for two
Super Bowl Champions. TE Travis Beckum and his tight end brother, TE Jake
Ballard both underwent reconstructive surgeries to repair torn ACL’s on both
respective players. Both players are expected to start the season on the PUP
list.<div class="entry">

With injuries to the starter, Jake Ballard, and his backup, Travis Beckum,
the Giants might be pressed to address the need of a new starting tight end for
opening day."</p></div>

Voldamort
02-22-2012, 07:30 PM
will not be the same,time to look for a new te! I torn my mcl,pcl and acl it took me two years before I was the same !

RoanokeFan
02-22-2012, 07:32 PM
will not be the same,time to look for a new te! I torn my mcl,pcl and acl it took me two years before I was the same !

Let's see is Dwayne Allen is still available at 32

Tuckit91
02-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Coby Fleener-Stanford

NYGRealityCheck
02-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Hope they have a full recovery first and then speedy healing. Thanks to Ballard for being a big contributor to the super season, catching the game winning TD against the Pats regular season, not easily giving up on trying to get back onto the field in the Superbowl, etc...

Surgery Room surgeons: Oh another couple of Giants players with torn ACLs? We got this...

egyptian420
02-22-2012, 07:40 PM

I don't watch a lot of college ball and I don't get to see video on kids from the draft until late march and up to the draft.

Can you just give the jist of this kid? I hear his name all the time so I'm guessing he's the top TE in this coming draft? And who would he compare with the most? (Please say Jimmy Graham lol)

RoanokeFan
02-22-2012, 09:55 PM

I don't watch a lot of college ball and I don't get to see video on kids from the draft until late march and up to the draft.

Can you just give the jist of this kid? I hear his name all the time so I'm guessing he's the top TE in this coming draft? And who would he compare with the most? (Please say Jimmy Graham lol)

Here's one blurb:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630216

nygfan0816
02-22-2012, 10:14 PM
sign joel dressen

JJC7301
02-22-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm not too interested in drafting a TE in the 1st round, unless he is CLEARLY the BPA. I'd rather go with Pascoe and sign a veteran FA fairly cheap to hold the fort until Ballard can hopefully come back.

GiantsYanks
02-23-2012, 12:01 AM
TE'S JAKE BALLARD & TRAVIS BECKUM UNDERGO ACL SURGERY (http://www.giantsgab.com/2012/02/21/tes-jake-ballard-travis-beckum-undergo-acl-surgery/)

"It appears today marked the first day in a long road to recovery for two
Super Bowl Champions. TE Travis Beckum and his tight end brother, TE Jake
Ballard both underwent reconstructive surgeries to repair torn ACL’s on both
respective players. Both players are expected to start the season on the PUP
list.<div class="entry">

With injuries to the starter, Jake Ballard, and his backup, Travis Beckum,
the Giants might be pressed to address the need of a new starting tight end for
opening day."</p></div>

believe it or not i had my acl reconstructed by Dr. Warren at HSS yesterday as well! he came into my pre-op room and was like i just did Beckums and Ballards ACL. Said Beckums surgery was longer and had to do it slower (not sure what that means) Dr. Warren is a really cool person for being such a star surgeon.

NY_Eli
02-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Hope they have the best of luck in their recoveries!

Martyr
02-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Didnt you guys hear?</P>

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ff0000>Reese is planning on movingKiwanuka to TE</FONT></P>

PrideofNY
02-23-2012, 01:17 AM
I hope they take a long hard look at either Allen or Fleener in the draft. Hopefully, one is available in the 2nd round. I actually would like to see them trade up earlier in the second round to get a TE, or just trade down with the 1st round pick.

I don't know. But I know two positions that are glaring weaknesses right now are RT and TE.

G-Men Surg.
02-23-2012, 01:37 AM

Man , it's like last year and the year before, I truly don't know what Reece as in mind, he is a great card player and he will never revealed his hand before going ALL IN ! I easly could see the Giants picking him at 32 if available and IMO that might be possibile with all the talent in the 1st round available ( lots of ILB, OLB, DT, DE , CB not to mention QB ) . In that scenario the Giants can fill a need and have the BPA at least in the TE position and go the route of 08 when they drafted Kenny. One thing is for sure, the draft is a heck of a ride when Reece and Co. are in action.

DemandedAce
02-23-2012, 02:56 AM
.........what the hell took them so long to get the surgery? Been over a week since the Superbowl they're eating into next season with recovery time!

nygsb42champs
02-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Lets wish them both a speedy recovery.

GameTime
02-23-2012, 08:27 AM
.........what the hell took them so long to get the surgery? Been over a week since the Superbowl they're eating into next season with recovery time!</P>

they sometimes have to wait for inflamation to subside to perform the surgery. Also a week is not going to make any difference in their recovery time. To be cleared for next season will all be up to each players individual reaction/results from physical therapy and the healing process. </P>

</P>