Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Gruden is open to coaching Giants if Eli Manning returns .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jon Gruden is open to coaching Giants if Eli Manning returns .

    https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/ContentGallery/Ben-McAdoo-trolled-by-New-York-Giants-fans-after-firing-111789350


  • #2
    I'll never understand the love peoples have for Gruden, as a coach. There were a TON of red flags in his departure from Tampa. I think he is best suited where he is now.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Huge fan of Chucky but I think that ship has sailed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Id like Cowher over Gruden if we are taking time machines.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
          I'll never understand the love peoples have for Gruden, as a coach. There were a TON of red flags in his departure from Tampa. I think he is best suited where he is now.
          eli butt kisser = love

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
            I'll never understand the love peoples have for Gruden, as a coach. There were a TON of red flags in his departure from Tampa. I think he is best suited where he is now.
            What red flags?? Gruden was a successful coach in Oakland and in Tampa.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jay051 View Post

              What red flags?? Gruden was a successful coach in Oakland and in Tampa.
              the last 2 years in Tampa had quite a few personnel issues. He handled his qb situation terribly, and had pretty much lost the team by the time of his departure, if memory serves.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                What red flags?? Gruden was a successful coach in Oakland and in Tampa.
                Agree. He won a superbowl in TAMPA...Anyone who can do that has got to be good.

                Count me in for Gruden for HC, his bother as the OC (as he might get fired from the Redskins), keep, Spags as the DC, signing Cousins for the QB and drafting Barkley. That's a top 10 offense for years to come.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You could re-animate Vince Lombardi and make him the Giants HC...if he wanted Eli Manning at QB, half of the posters here would turn on Lombardi before he could even walk into the building.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

                    Agree. He won a superbowl in TAMPA...Anyone who can do that has got to be good.

                    Count me in for Gruden for HC, his bother as the OC (as he might get fired from the Redskins), keep, Spags as the DC, signing Cousins for the QB and drafting Barkley. That's a top 10 offense for years to come.
                    Cousins??..............eehhh he can stay in DC. Not a big fan of his because imo he's not a big game QB. Plus either the redskins or another team will way OVERPAY for his services.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                      Cousins??..............eehhh he can stay in DC. Not a big fan of his because imo he's not a big game QB. Plus either the redskins or another team will way OVERPAY for his services.
                      Cousins is young and has been very successful in Jay's system. He's got plenty of time to get better in the big games. Who are you going to get that is a "big game QB"? Eli's 37. Name another option that is a proven "big game QB"? Drafting someone is obviously no sure thing. Cousins with Engram and Beckham (in the right system like Jay's) would be a great offense. Who knows how they will do in big games, but at least they get to the playoffs regularly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

                        Cousins is young and has been very successful in Jay's system. He's got plenty of time to get better in the big games. Who are you going to get that is a "big game QB"? Eli's 37. Name another option that is a proven "big game QB"? Drafting someone is obviously no sure thing. Cousins with Engram and Beckham (in the right system like Jay's) would be a great offense. Who knows how they will do in big games, but at least they get to the playoffs regularly.
                        Just not of fan of Cousins and I highly doubt that Gruden gets fired after this year. Plus there's no way that the Giants will overpay for Cousins. Someone will pay him like he's a top 5 qb in the league and Cousins clearly isn't. It's best to go the direction of gettting a qb in the draft and groom him to be the next franchise qb for the next decade or so if the Qb is there.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

                          the last 2 years in Tampa had quite a few personnel issues. He handled his qb situation terribly, and had pretty much lost the team by the time of his departure, if memory serves.
                          Don't you know wining the SB is now a point of failure to some.
                          Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

                            Cousins is young and has been very successful in Jay's system. He's got plenty of time to get better in the big games. Who are you going to get that is a "big game QB"? Eli's 37. Name another option that is a proven "big game QB"? Drafting someone is obviously no sure thing. Cousins with Engram and Beckham (in the right system like Jay's) would be a great offense. Who knows how they will do in big games, but at least they get to the playoffs regularly.
                            He has never won a game he need to . He can't lift his team when it is time to place coins in the meter.
                            Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                              What red flags?? Gruden was a successful coach in Oakland and in Tampa.
                              Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                              What red flags?? Gruden was a successful coach in Oakland and in Tampa.
                              Both of those teams were inherited. In fact, MANY of the player who played for him give him zero credit for the success. Most of the Tampa players who won him a Superbowl despise him and give all of the SB credit to former coach Tony Dungy as well as the Defenive coordinator Kiffin. It is a pretty good point considering Gruden is supposed to be a an offensive guru and yet his most successful teams were defensive oriented.

                              But the biggest concern I have is that this guy likes the microphone too much and lost his players. If you go back and look at the circumstances around his departure from Tampa, he routinely went to the local papers with complaints about current and former players, front office personel, and the owners of teams he coached with. He went public with his problems with Al Davis leading to his being traded, but more concerned was how often he went to the Tampa Tribute with ANY criticism of the Bucs owners and front office. I lived in the Tampa area back then and it was embarrassing how much this guy liked having a mic in front of him at the cost of those around him. I believe that this is the main reason he has not coached since aside from the fact that I just think he is overrated. I also think he is better in the booth than he ever was on the sideline.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X