No announcement yet.

Hey, a new coach in the mix!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Jon Gruden be joking there about coming back if Eli comes back? This is the guy that's been out of coaching and turning down coaching interests to stay with ESPN for oh... 8 years. lol
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 12-05-2017, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
      I've been begging for Gruden since TC "retired".

There is NOT a better candidate out there imo.

Clearly you haven't seen >>>>>>
      https://www.google.com/search?q=bad+...jUa7Ffi4-NJ2M:

Comment

Originally posted by Down-lifer View Post

Let me get this straight. Let’s say that Gruden is coming back and the he wants to Be the next HC for the Giants.

Your answer is simply “no thanks.” To Jon Gruden...
        PROVIDING, he gets to coach Eli to an obvious Lombardy!!

Comment

I've always thought Gruden has been overrated. I think people have fallen in love with his persona (which I find so annoying I have to mute MNF) and relate that to being a good HC.

In 11 years he was 95-81. Not horrible but not exactly mind blowing.

Comment

I heard what he said last night ... he most certainly did not say he was open to coaching the Giants.

Fake News

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
              Hahaha. I thought you had some breaking news that showed gruden as a bad coach.

I laughed, though. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                Could Jon Gruden be joking there about coming back if Eli comes back? This is the guy that's been out of coaching and turning down coaching interests to stay with ESPN for oh... 8 years. lol
                On our monday night football game last year - early in the year so Elis tremendous 2015 campaign was fresh on his mind - Gruden stated outright and flatly that Eli is his third ranked quarterback in the entire league and went on to say because of his mind and knowledge of the game as well as capability to throw every throw.

He has ENORMOUS respect for Eli Manning and being able to coach with a hof qb of Elis mind is an absolute bonus to him and a reason he WOULD take the job rather than not.

Comment

I threw in lovie smith for the rooney rule but i'm not big on Gruden

57-55?

Lovie Smith 89-87 Mike Smith 66-45 Bill Cowher 149-90 Tony Dungy 139-69 Josh McDaniels 11-17 Spags 10-38 Greg Schiano 11-21 NJ roots..

Comment

Originally posted by Down-lifer View Post

Let me get this straight. Let’s say that Gruden is coming back and the he wants to Be the next HC for the Giants.

Your answer is simply “no thanks.” To Jon Gruden...
                    That would be my answer.

Gruden took a over team that someone else built into a champion. He then got lucky enough to face his old team in the Super Bowl. That team was stupid enough to not change their calls so that Gruden knew what they were doing. How did he fare after that?

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post

That would be my answer.

Gruden took a over team that someone else built into a champion. He then got lucky enough to face his old team in the Super Bowl. That team was stupid enough to not change their calls so that Gruden knew what they were doing. How did he fare after that?
                      You’re right. Winning a super bowl is easy...
                      sigpic"Remain in what you are, the center of your life
                      You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

Comment

Nobody wants Gruden.. he has been away too long

Comment

Waiting till season is over and probably going to leave the interns alone for last 4 games. And is it true you can't contact coaches on other teams that are still in Playoffs??

Now many of you might kill me on this and say it will never happen, dumb idea, he would not leave while his QB is still playing, on and on.

However how many saw him take that old Giants Stadium tour through the catacombs and inner rooms of that storied stadium. How many watched him cry and I have heard he would want to close out his career here. Who and I speaking of??? A guy that should of got the job over Handley or even brought here after his failed stint in Cleveland

This is from Jan 2016 when TC left. But now could be the time:

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-...-return-giants

Just another name to throw in the ring.. If he and Brady win another that could be retirement for Brady
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                            Waiting till season is over and probably going to leave the interns alone for last 4 games. And is it true you can't contact coaches on other teams that are still in Playoffs??

Now many of you might kill me on this and say it will never happen, dumb idea, he would not leave while his QB is still playing, on and on.

However how many saw him take that old Giants Stadium tour through the catacombs and inner rooms of that storied stadium. How many watched him cry and I have heard he would want to close out his career here. Who and I speaking of??? A guy that should of got the job over Handley or even brought here after his failed stint in Cleveland

This is from Jan 2016 when TC left. But now could be the time:

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-...-return-giants

Just another name to throw in the ring.. If he and Brady win another that could be retirement for Brady
                            that would be EPIC!

Comment

Originally posted by onebadtiki View Post
                              Top Choices would be Dungy or Cowher after that Mike Smith, Greg Schiano, Lovie Smith, Josh Mcdaniels, Matt Patricia, Steve Spagnuolo, Mike Vrabel,
                              Eh, no

Comment

Originally posted by onebadtiki View Post
                                I threw in lovie smith for the rooney rule but i'm not big on Gruden

57-55?

Lovie Smith 89-87 Mike Smith 66-45 Bill Cowher 149-90 Tony Dungy 139-69 Josh McDaniels 11-17 Spags 10-38 Greg Schiano 11-21 NJ roots..
                                So now we are just throwing in people for the Rooney rule? Good grief.
                                If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Working...
                                X