Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Gruden is open to coaching Giants if Eli Manning returns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jon Gruden is open to coaching Giants if Eli Manning returns

    https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...back-111772944

    Thoughts? Not my first choice,but it's better than one of the coordinators that I saw in some of the lists of candidates.

  • #2
    I could see the short term benefits of him, but that is not the direction I hope this organization is headed.

    Comment


    • #3
      please no ...

      the guy has checked out

      to me ... if someone is out of the game for 3 years or more the game has passed them by as far as the grind of coaching

      the game moves to fast today ... it's over for Gruden ... and Cowher ... and anyone else who has sat in a cushy broadcasting job for a few years

      Comment


      • #4
        Gruden is where he belongs, in the broadcast booth and that's where he should stay.
        One of these teams is not like the others

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fvital92 View Post
          https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...back-111772944

          Thoughts? Not my first choice,but it's better than one of the coordinators that I saw in some of the lists of candidates.
          lol

          Comment


          • #6
            I would very much like that move.. the man knows football, he is an offensive game guru and he is passionate... good experience behind him too...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
              please no ...

              the guy has checked out

              to me ... if someone is out of the game for 3 years or more the game has passed them by as far as the grind of coaching

              the game moves to fast today ... it's over for Gruden ... and Cowher ... and anyone else who has sat in a cushy broadcasting job for a few years
              Agreed 100%
              If you respect others, they will respect you.

              Comment


              • #8
                I would rather have John Madden come coach the giants than Jon Gruden. Lol
                If you respect others, they will respect you.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                  I would rather have John Madden come coach the giants than Jon Gruden. Lol
                  haha

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Pioli as previously mentioned for GM.
                    D Shaw for Coach.
                    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      For those of you saying na, please do tell who you would put in.

                      He would have a strict regime and require accountability, something this team lacks other than the qb.

                      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by loadedaxe View Post
                        For those of you saying na, please do tell who you would put in.

                        He would have a strict regime and require accountability, something this team lacks other than the qb.
                        If Gruden could not get along with Keyshawn Johnson, how the hell is he going to manage OBJ?
                        Originally posted by PennState1
                        In and around the end zone and on crucial plays, the ball should go to one of our 3 receivers and no one else if at all possible.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Coach Carter View Post

                          If Gruden could not get along with Keyshawn Johnson, how the hell is he going to manage OBJ?
                          So we need a hc that caters to trouble makers?

                          Gotcha, next?

                          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If I remember correctly, didn't Gruden butcher the QB situation by the time he was done, and I remember a lot of team discontent in his last season or two. He won the superbowl with the team that Tony Dungee put together, against the team that he had just coached and was very familiar with. It was a steady decline after that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by desert_ash View Post
                              Pioli as previously mentioned for GM.
                              D Shaw for Coach.
                              Pioli was a train wreck in KC. No

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X