Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I WANT GRUDEN (Chucky, not his brother).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WANT GRUDEN (Chucky, not his brother).

Not sure why, but this is the one guy out there I'd be so fired up about. Someone tell me why I'm wrong for wanting him. (Being out of the game too long isn't a reason. Vermeil was out for 20 years and came back and won it all - and he was older than Gruden when he did it).

Originally posted by elitocruz View Post
    Not sure why, but this is the one guy out there I'd be so fired up about. Someone tell me why I'm wrong for wanting him. (Being out of the game too long isn't a reason. Vermeil was out for 20 years and came back and won it all - and he was older than Gruden when he did it).
    Nothing wrong with wanting him. It is your opinion and he was a good coach. I just canít see him leaving the job he is in now

Comment

He didn't show any interest 2 years ago so I doubt he will now.

Comment

I'm in.....the press conferences for 1 will be far more entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post

Nothing wrong with wanting him. It is your opinion and he was a good coach. I just canít see him leaving the job he is in now
          I think there's 2-3 jobs he might leave for. MIGHT. And I think we have one of them. Just a hunch. Maybe just a hope...

Comment

anyone out of the game for more than 3 years will not be ready to commit to the grind and speed of coaching in todays NFL

it was a different game when Gruden left and he has been in the cushy broadcast box for far to long to get back to that grind

Gruden has been out of the league for almost a decade ... that is a lifetime in the NFL ... more than a lifetime

Comment

Stop please

Comment

His record wasn't all that stellar as a HC either. I know there's quite a few "ole timers" on this board (no disrespect) but I wonder how many Giants fans who say they want him haven't even seen him coach and really only know him as a fiery commentator and that's the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
                  His record wasn't all that stellar as a HC either. I know there's quite a few "ole timers" on this board (no disrespect) but I wonder how many Giants fans who say they want him haven't even seen him coach and really only know him as a fiery commentator and that's the draw.
                  are you kidding with his record? give me the qb's he had, then give me the in-the-tank franchises he rebuilt into champions (or near champions). Neither has sniffed anything of significance since he left. Let me save you on the QB thing; Gannon was a career backup, who he turned into an MVP. and Brad Johnson? enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                    anyone out of the game for more than 3 years will not be ready to commit to the grind and speed of coaching in todays NFL

it was a different game when Gruden left and he has been in the cushy broadcast box for far to long to get back to that grind

Gruden has been out of the league for almost a decade ... that is a lifetime in the NFL ... more than a lifetime
                    the grind? you should watch the hbo real sports segment on gruden at ESPN. he treats it like he's still a head coach and gets there at 4am every day looking at tape. i think his work ethic and dedication would be pretty much the least of our worries if we decided to make him head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post

the grind? you should watch the hbo real sports segment on gruden at ESPN. he treats it like he's still a head coach and gets there at 4am every day looking at tape. i think his work ethic and dedication would be pretty much the least of our worries if we decided to make him head coach.
                      if you think the "grind" of being a broadcaster is anything remotely in the same stratosphere as being an NFL head coach then our conversation ends right here

I don't care what time he wakes up

Jon Gruden would be an absolutely horrible choice for HC

Comment

if you think the "grind" of being a broadcaster is anything remotely in the same stratosphere as being an NFL head coach then our conversation ends right here

I don't care what time he wakes up

Jon Gruden would be an absolutely horrible choice for HC
                        Especially when you consider how much things have changed since he coached, conceptually. Night and day

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                          He didn't show any interest 2 years ago so I doubt he will now.
                          More to do with Reese still being here at that time I would guess. Just a hunch.
                          Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Except that Gruden was a maniacal worker when he was a coach, putting in legendary hours.

He is still reportedly the same way ... watching tape constantly and getting little to no sleep.

There are reasons not to want Gruden, but I don't think that him being overwhelmed by the amount of work is one ....

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Except that Gruden was a maniacal worker when he was a coach, putting in legendary hours.

He is still reportedly the same way ... watching tape constantly and getting little to no sleep.

There are reasons not to want Gruden, but I don't think that him being overwhelmed by the amount of work is one ....
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X