Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I WANT GRUDEN (Chucky, not his brother).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

He became the NFL's Most Valuable Player in 2002, when he passed for almost 4,700 yards and took his team to the league's ultimate game.... all running Grudens system ... even when he was gone
    Gruden left in 2001. So Gannon got better when Gruden left?

I agree that Gannon and Gruden were a good fit as far as system. But that isnt the same thing as saying "Gruden developed Gannon." He was a well developed player long before Gruden got a hold of him. But,by the time Gruden got a hold of Gannon he was in the league for as long as Eli has been right now. He was just on some very bad teams previously. Like I said, I think having the best Wr corps in the league, a very strong Oline, and a recpetable D had a lot more to do with Gannon's success.

sigpic

Comment

Yatittle1962-

Can you please give me/us your input on who you would like to see become our headcoach? I value your input so it would be great to hear your choice of HC

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post
        Yatittle1962-

Can you please give me/us your input on who you would like to see become our headcoach? I value your input so it would be great to hear your choice of HC
        I do not have a preference nor is my preference relevant to who is chosen

sorry to disappoint

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post

Gruden left in 2001. So Gannon got better when Gruden left?

I agree that Gannon and Gruden were a good fit as far as system. But that isnt the same thing as saying "Gruden developed Gannon." He was a well developed player long before Gruden got a hold of him. But,by the time Gruden got a hold of Gannon he was in the league for as long as Eli has been right now. He was just on some very bad teams previously. Like I said, I think having the best Wr corps in the league, a very strong Oline, and a recpetable D had a lot more to do with Gannon's success.
          yes he continued to improve even when Gruden left ... he continued to play in Grudens system

the system in which Gruden developed him

is that really so difficult to understand ?

maybe if I replace Gannon and Gruden with Berry and Eason? ... maybe Parcells and Bledsoe ? ... that might hit home for you a little more

Comment

yes he continued to improve even when Gruden left ... he continued to play in Grudens system

maybe if I replace Gannon and Gruden with Berry and Eason? ... maybe Parcells and Bledsoe ? ... that might hit home for you a little more
            ..and guess who Gannon's QB coach was in 2001..........
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

..and guess who Gannon's QB coach was in 2001..........
              I believe Shaw ?... no ?

Comment

Again, I do not agree. . Gruden had 2 consecuitve 8-8 season then Gannon(and Jerry Rice) joined the team and they took off. That suggests Gannon did as much for Gruden as Gruden did for Gannon.

But we do not have to agree and I don't want to hijack the thread..

The discussion is about if Gruden is a good fit here and I see no reason why he is. He never took a relatively untalented team(like this 1) and made it talented. In fact, the only team he stayed at for a decent length(the bucs) he took a highly talented team with multiple potential HoF players, and drove it into ground. He also spent too much time badmouthing his own organizations and ownership at both head coaching stops for my liking. But, that is my opinion. I do actually kinda like him in the booth.
                Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-06-2017, 05:14 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Again, I do not agree. . Gruden had 2 consecuitve 8-8 season then Gannon(and Jerry Rice) joined the team and they took off. That suggests Gannon did as much for Gruden ad Gruden did for Gannon.

The discussion is about if Gruden is a good fit here and I see no reason why he is. He never took a relatively untalented team(like this 1) and made it talented. In fact, the only team he stayed at for a decent length(the bucs) he took a highly talented team with multiple potential HoF players, and drove it into ground. He also spent too much time badmouthing his own franchises at both head coaching stops for my liking.
                  if you see my first post in this thread you will see that there is no one I want here less than Jon Gruden

Comment

if you see my first post in this thread you will see that there is no one I want here less than Jon Gruden
                    How about Greg Schiano? You would prefer Greg to Jon?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

How about Greg Schiano? You would prefer Greg to Jon?
                      maybe Mike Holovak ?

Comment

I just did refute it. The fact that Gannon was a 13 year vet and found success in Oakland had a lot more to do with the amazing talent on that team, especially at the WR position and Oline. In fact, considering the talent they had there, I would argue that team underachieved.

I do admit that Gruden's offense was a good fit for Gannon. But he was already a developed player when Gruden came to oakland. His problem was he was on a lot of bad/talentless teams prior to Oakland.
                        With all due respect, this is not accurate

Comment

Again, I do not agree. . Gruden had 2 consecuitve 8-8 season then Gannon(and Jerry Rice) joined the team and they took off. That suggests Gannon did as much for Gruden as Gruden did for Gannon.

The discussion is about if Gruden is a good fit here and I see no reason why he is. He never took a relatively untalented team(like this 1) and made it talented. In fact, the only team he stayed at for a decent length(the bucs) he took a highly talented team with multiple potential HoF players, and drove it into ground. He also spent too much time badmouthing his own organizations and ownership at both head coaching stops for my liking. But, that is my opinion. I do actually kinda like him in the booth.
                          This is not accurate.

The 1997 Raiders team was 4-12 under Joe Bugel. Gruden became the coach in 1998 and the team went 8-8 with the immortal Donald Hollas as its leading passer.

Gannon became the QB in 1999 at the age of 34, and the team went 8-8 again that year.

The team went 12-4 in 2000.

Jerry Rice didn't join the Raiders until the 2001season (Gruden's last season).
                          Last edited by TCHOF; 12-06-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I believe Shaw ?... no ?
                            Marc Trestman

Comment

Looks like he "could" be interested.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...ith-one-catch/

At this point in our franchise I would take Gruden in a heartbeat. At the very least he could come in and develop the QB of our future. Work with Eli for a year or two more and then in goes Webb (or who ever). You people are crazy if you don't think he can pick up new concepts because he hasn't been coaching. It's not like he has been working at Burger King and not paying attention to what is going on in the NFL. He watches hours of tape a day. My guess is he has a good grasp of what is going on in the league. Dealing with today's players would be a bigger issue lol.
                              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                                I'm in.....the press conferences for 1 will be far more entertaining
                                I'd rather go with Frank Caliendo. Besides, he does a better Gruden than Gruden.

Comment

Working...
                                X