Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I WANT GRUDEN (Chucky, not his brother).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    anyone out of the game for more than 3 years will not be ready to commit to the grind and speed of coaching in todays NFL

it was a different game when Gruden left and he has been in the cushy broadcast box for far to long to get back to that grind

Gruden has been out of the league for almost a decade ... that is a lifetime in the NFL ... more than a lifetime
    I do NOT consider him out of the game. He watches as much film as anyone imo.

He makes BOTH an offense and defensive playbook every year still, keeping up with the trends of the league

i mean, honestly i would consider him as much as part of the modern game as any candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
      Looks like he "could" be interested.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...ith-one-catch/

At this point in our franchise I would take Gruden in a heartbeat. At the very least he could come in and develop the QB of our future. Work with Eli for a year or two more and then in goes Webb (or who ever). You people are crazy if you don't think he can pick up new concepts because he hasn't been coaching. It's not like he has been working at Burger King and not paying attention to what is going on in the NFL. He watches hours of tape a day. My guess is he has a good grasp of what is going on in the league. Dealing with today's players would be a bigger issue lol.

he said eli has to be brought back.

Comment

Originally posted by sauce1858 View Post

I'd rather go with Frank Caliendo. Besides, he does a better Gruden than Gruden.
        his pressers would be a not to be missed activity!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

he said eli has to be brought back.
          I think Eli will 100% be back. Unless Webb is ready to take the job from him in February there is no reason for me to think Eli won't be back.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
            anyone out of the game for more than 3 years will not be ready to commit to the grind and speed of coaching in todays NFL

it was a different game when Gruden left and he has been in the cushy broadcast box for far to long to get back to that grind

Gruden has been out of the league for almost a decade ... that is a lifetime in the NFL ... more than a lifetime
            yep no way do I want him. He is done

Comment

Working...
            X