Jerry Reese Should Go To The Browns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Reese Should Go To The Browns

Not sure if this section is just for Giants GM searches, but I saw Sashi Brown got fired.

I would love for Jerry to go to the Browns and blow their draft picks.......since they pick ahead of us.....Only problem is, he won't help my trade back scenarios because he refuses to do trades....;however, he might be willing to deal with the NY Giants.

Which is where this thread becomes Giants related. Get Reese in Cleveland to help us.
    Long Live the King

Well, I agree that I would like to see him go to Cleveland; however, I hope he goes there and has success and turns that franchise around. The fans of that team deserve better than what they have gotten and I would like to see Reese find success.

Comment

If he does he will probably do well.

It was time for him to go here, but that doesn’t mean he is a bad GM

Comment

A NFL Coach/GM has to be real careful about selecting their second job after getting fired at their first. If they don't succeed at the second job, that usually means there won't be a third ....

What are the chances of anyone succeeding in Cleveland?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
          A NFL Coach/GM has to be real careful about selecting their second job after getting fired at their first. If they don't succeed at the second job, that usually means there won't be a third ....

What are the chances of anyone succeeding in Cleveland?
          True, but imagine if he is the GM that constructs a SB winning team for Cleveland? He will be worshiped like a god in that city.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

True, but imagine if he is the GM that constructs a SB winning team for Cleveland? He will be worshiped like a god in that city.
            Also true ... high risk/high reward scenario

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Also true ... high risk/high reward scenario
              He's been said to be considering retirement in the not too distant future anyway, so what does he have to lose?

Besides, I would like to see him successful elsewhere and there aren't a lot of teams that I can comfortably root for success.

Comment

They have the most cap space and the most draft picks. I think Cleveland is his best chance at immediate success. They have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, which are the 2 rounds that he can actually do well in.

He also comes from a flagship franchise and has 2 Superbowl wins on his resume. I also think him getting fired early was a favor to allow him to find a new gig prior to the draft.

Maybe we could have traded our GM for a pick
                Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                  They have the most cap space and the most draft picks. I think Cleveland is his best chance at immediate success. They have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, which are the 2 rounds that he can actually do well in.

He also comes from a flagship franchise and has 2 Superbowl wins on his resume. I also think him getting fired early was a favor to allow him to find a new gig prior to the draft.

Maybe we could have traded our GM for a pick
                  Have to wonder if the Browns fired Brown now to get an interview early with Reese. The timing has me wondering.

Comment

^^^ The Browns also know that NOBODY is picking them ahead of the Giants. They will not sign an established GM candidate until after the Giants sign one. Can you imagine having to pick between the Browns and Giants as job options?

Now I see media outlets have the same line of thinking, and ESPN pointed out that Reese tried to hire Hugh Jackson before McAdoomed.
                    Last edited by Gee718; 12-07-2017, 07:49 PM.
                    Long Live the King

Comment

Browns hired John Dorsey to be their new GM.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...eneral-manager

Comment

Oh well Jerry. Guess they had their guy all along. They will continue to suck.
                        Long Live the King

Comment

Seems, I was wrong on that. Too bad, I was hoping the Giants would take a serious look at Dorsey.

Comment

Maybe the Browns signed him early to avoid competition from us. In either case, we better get the ball rolling before FIRING season in a few weeks.
                            Long Live the King

Comment

Working...
                            X