ESPN predicts Bill Belichick will be next Giants head coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN predicts Bill Belichick will be next Giants head coach

Bill Belichick will return to the New York Giants in 2018 as head coach to save the franchise, at least according to ESPN's 'bold 2018 offseason' predictions.

ESPN's article seeks to find the 26 boldest predictions for the 2018 season and reuniting Belichick with the Giants just before Tom Brady retires is certainly the boldest call of them all.
    26. Bill Belichick will be the New York Giants' next head coach
    The reason: Prediction No. 18 had Caserio and McDaniels bailing from New England before the kingdom fell. This prediction flips the script. Belichick becomes the first to leave, allowing the Patriots to continue with Caserio and McDaniels in charge. Belichick gets a new challenge with an organization that remains fond of him from his days as an assistant. The Giants get a coach uniquely equipped to handle whatever might come his way.
    The caveat: Why would Belichick leave a championship operation for a floundering one? If he really wanted change, he could have his choice of jobs after Brady retires -- whenever that day comes.

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post
    That would be shocking. Seems to me that this is impossible anyway. Is he not under contract still in New England? How do you get him here? A trade like the Gruden thing? Lol!

If this is a possible option, other than this year's 1st round pick, I'd trade this year's entire draft for him and their first round pick next year.
    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

ESPN what a joke. ROTF
      There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

He would be a dam fool to leave that place.He can get just what he want there.Thats not a knock against this organization just saying,you dont leave a situation like he has there bottomline.I cant stand the The Pats but that move would be flat out stupid

Comment

I thought this was BS when I read it, but now I am wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
            ESPN what a joke. ROTF
            No there is some smoke on this. Belichick is pissed and did not want to give brady a new long term contract. Kraft is in bradys side. Belichick appears to have traded Garafolo because they forced him to make long term plans with Brady. Anyway there is reportedly a rift. Still a huge long shot

Comment

Story all over every channel. Maybe ESPN had inside info this story was going to break this Morning?

Problem is if Giant's wait to see what happens with Bill they could risk losing out on their top 3/4 Coaching prospects. These guys also interviewing with all the other teams with coaching openings.

But maybe Patricia & McDaniels hold off now thinking they could be considered for NE job if he leaves?
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Yeah it's messy because if there is interest, they have to wait because of the playoffs.

Comment

Yeah it's messy because if there is interest, they have to wait because of the playoffs.
                  Question to ask really is will Patricia or McDaniels accept any head coaching offer they interview for from now until their 1st playoff game a week from now and if the Pats then advance for weeks thereafter. If not and the Giants are leaning to one of the two guys anyways, there is no harm in waiting. All I can say is root hard for the Pats to play on Saturday 1/13 and to lose so the process from the Giants perspective can begin as soon as possible.
                  Last edited by repeatchamps; 01-05-2018, 12:18 PM.
                  Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

Question to ask really is will Patricia or McDaniels accept any head coaching offer they interview for from now until their 1st playoff game a week from now and if the Pats then advance for weeks thereafter. If not and the Giants are leaning to one of the two guys anyways, there is no harm in waiting. All I can say is root hard for the Pats to play on Saturday 1/13 and to lose so the process from the Giants perspective can begin as soon as possible.
                    Yup.

Comment

Yup.
                      This story has legs. If there is some way the Pats can lose next weekend, all bets are off. I guarantee both coordinators will not except any offers from now until then. Now there is confirmation that the Giants are not even scheduled to meet with Schwartz yet/anymore. That is no coincidence.

Comment

Not for nothing, but I feel like ESPN and other talking heads get most of their headlines and speculations from Colin Cowherd. He's been predicting this Patriots "feud" since the day Garoppolo was traded. He also predicted BB would retire, but if he coached it'd be for the Giants.

I've noticed this more than once, particularly since he left ESPN. Just find it interesting.
                        NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                        Garrett Bolles - OT
                        David Njoku - TE
                        Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

If this crazy **** actually happens, I will say that 'Now I've seen everything" and will never even attempt to predict any future NFL moves.
                          Last edited by FBomb; 01-05-2018, 04:19 PM.
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I agree.

I don't see it happening, but Bill is the only pats coach I would be interested in.

Comment

I've coveted him as our head coach since the day he left (actually after Parcels "retired" a few months later), but would be shocked out of my boots if this actually went down.

Comment

Working...
                              X