X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants want to interview McDaniels, Patricia

Now we're talking..

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...48849074393088

Both coaches combined have little HC experience. McDaniels was fired from Denver and Patricia has none. In the past we have seen ex-patriot coaches not have any HC success. This is not to say they won't this time around if one goes on to have a HC job. There is a degree of mystery to both these candidates. Being a HC is a lot like being a CEO of a company. If I were to pick one it would Patricia as he has experience on both sides of the ball.
    sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

I'm betting Jim Schwartz is our next HC, that said I'd love to see it be McDaniels. I just can't see them hiring someone with zero HC experience after the BM debacle.
      sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
        I'm betting Jim Schwartz is our next HC, that said I'd love to see it be McDaniels. I just can't see them hiring someone with zero HC experience after the BM debacle.
        I originally hated the thought of Schwartz but IF Gettleman and Mara think he can be guy, it would take a page out of Belichecks' book. Take resources(FAs,coaches) from division rivals not only helps your team but weakens that rival. IF Schwartz is the guy, likely he would take more coaches from there with him.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
          I agree about the zero HC experience but I hope its not Schwartz I believe his record is 29-52 that's a horrible record. I would rather roll the dice with one of the 2 patriot coaches then.
          sigpic

Comment

How long until everyone figures out that the Patriots have 1 great coach, and his name is Belichick. Coaches get recycled, players get recycled, the system stays the same.

There is no way Mara signs up for a HC with no experience again after the McAdoo flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I agree about the zero HC experience but I hope its not Schwartz I believe his record is 29-52 that's a horrible record. I would rather roll the dice with one of the 2 patriot coaches then.
              Maybe he's just not HC material, but maybe he's learned something. His D's have loved him though. I know the Raiders axed him, but I also find Del Rio interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                How long until everyone figures out that the Patriots have 1 great coach, and his name is Belichick. Coaches get recycled, players get recycled, the system stays the same.

There is no way Mara signs up for a HC with no experience again after the McAdoo flop.
                I suppose the Giants also only had 1 great coach and his name was Parcells. Have you ever noticed the Parcells tree? It's pretty impressive. I simply can't believe no other great coach is going to emerge from under BB's wing. I'm betting McDaniels is that guy.

Comment

I personally wouldn't want either one. Patricia always looks like a mess and disorganized. Doesn't seem disciplined to me. Plus Belichick is very involved with that defense. You see him on the sideline huddled up with his D giving orders. McDaniels I have no confidence in, he has Brady to bail him out. Don't think anything special about him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

true, but Schwartz's record is scary. I think they should keep looking.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                      I personally wouldn't want either one. Patricia always looks like a mess and disorganized. Doesn't seem disciplined to me. Plus Belichick is very involved with that defense. You see him on the sideline huddled up with his D giving orders. McDaniels I have no confidence in, he has Brady to bail him out. Don't think anything special about him.
                      looks can be deceiving. He is a very good coach. We'll see how the process goes, there are a lot of candidates out there, I hope they are approaching the interviews with an open mind, not focused on one or two candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                        I couldn’t disagree more on Patricia.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post

Same here. I think he has the potential to be a great coach.
                          sigpic #80

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post

OK, That's allowed

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z-E View Post

Same here. I think he has the potential to be a great coach.
                              Based on what?

Comment

Working...
                              X