Giants to Interview Shurmur

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants to Interview Shurmur

Always liked Shurmur. Didn't really get a fair shake in Cleveland. But really, who does?
    The Vikings offensive coordinator has extensive experience.

Interesting candidate

Comment

I believe he won 5-6 games a year in Cleveland without a QB, which is equivalent to like 10 wins anywhere else lol. Especially considering how tough the AFC North was with Pit and Balt in their prime years, and Cincy always solid under Marvin Lewis.

Comment

Hes my fav candidate for the job. Made Bradford and Keenum look like Pro Bowlers the last few seasons

Comment

I like the fact that there seems to be a wide swath of candidates from different backgrounds.

Comment

I am liking the wide variety of candidates they are considering. Shurmur seems to have done very well with the Vikings but Zimmer is definitely a leader of men. The Giants just have to make sure they get a HC who can be in "the big chair".

Comment

Belicheck lost in Cleveland also so that place is an enigma.

Shurmur turned that offense around with nobodies after Turner gave up.
              • UDFA QB- Keenum
              • UDFA WR - Thielen
              • Late round wr - digg
              • underperforming tight end - rudolph
              • a FA rb- Murray
              • AP's backup as 3rd down rb- mckinnon
              • a revamped OL - a 3rd rnd pick, converted both their centers to guards and tackles in Free agency

I really like it. This guy has experience with turning crap into something alot better. He did it in Philly and the short stints in ST. Loius and Cleveland.

I do like the power spread offense he is running in Minnesota. We would need bigger mauling Olneman and a move the chains rb, Dwarka might fit that role. Eli can run it because it needs a QB that can read defenses and it has familiar concepts that Webb can understand. He has turned , Foles, Bradford , McNabb and Keenum into very productive and efficient Qbs. Even Colt McCoy had I believe his best year in Cleveland under Shurmur!
              Last edited by blu_buddha; 01-03-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

So far my favorite candidate.

Comment

Molds his schemes, gameplans and playbooks around his personnel really really well. He will get the most out of his offences and I think he'd be awesome for us.

Comment

Working...
                  X