Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Giants wait to see if Bill Belichick, Patriots are headed for divorce?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Giants wait to see if Bill Belichick, Patriots are headed for divorce?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "The Giants are scheduled to interview the Patriots' coordinators on Friday for their head coaching vacancy.

They may want to see if they can get a moment to see where their boss stands, too.

The end of the Patriot dynasty may be here, according to an ESPN report, due to a complicated power struggle between owner Robert Kraft, head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady. The author, Seth Wickersham, writes, "those interviewed describe a palpable sense in the building that this might be the last year together for this group."

From the report:

The Patriots, in the only statement anyone associated with the team would make on the record for this story, responded to specific questions by saying that there are "several inaccuracies and multiple examples given that absolutely did not occur," though they declined to go into detail. But according to interviews with more than a dozen New England staffers, executives, players and league sources with knowledge of the team's inner workings, the three most powerful people in the franchise -- Belichick, Brady and owner Robert Kraft -- have had serious disagreements. They differ on Brady's trainer, body coach and business partner Alex Guerrero; over the team's long-term plans at quarterback; over Belichick's bracing coaching style; and most of all, over who will be the last man standing.: Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If there is any truth to this story and Bill ends up leaving New England and agrees to coach the Giants? I know it's an extremely far reach but i think it would be awesome.

http://www.newsweek.com/patriots-dyn...arently-771588

Comment

Won't happen. BB wants control, we won't hire a GM/Coach all in one.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
        Won't happen. BB wants control, we won't hire a GM/Coach all in one.
        That’s it in a nutshell!!
        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Now this I find to be a very interesting article. I there is ANY truth to this, I could see Belichick loving to "come home" and coach the Giants
          Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-05-2018, 08:10 AM.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Wow.
            Fan since 1970.
            ---------------------
            ----------------------------------------------

"Don't worry about it. It's just a bunch of guys with an odd-shaped ball." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Now this I find to be a very interesting article. I there is ANY truth to this, I could see Belichick loving to "come home" and coach the Giants
              Without control of personnel? I don’t know

Comment

Question is,
                can Brady win without Belichick.
                Or , can Belichick win without Brady.

Comment

I could see something was different. I was puzzled by the Jimmy G trade. Then all the stuff about banishing Brady's trainer. Now the coordinators are being interviewed by almost everyone. If they grab the trophy this year--it should go down as BB greatest coaching feat after his defensive plan in the '90 Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Without control of personnel? I don’t know
                    I will go out on a limb here knowing we have not ever considered one person being HC and GM One of two things may happen in that regard. BB says I've done it all and been successful but I am good with sharing as long as I have right of first refusal. OR, John Mara leaves his comfort zone, puts Gettleman in an executive overseer role and lets BB run the show.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                      Question is,
                      can Brady win without Belichick.
                      Or , can Belichick win without Brady.
                      That's a valid question, but BB seems to have a formula for consistently putting the right players in the spots they need to be.

Comment

Can't see it happening.

Comment

Belichick, turns 66yrs old on April. He still under contract. Which means N.E. would want compensation. Probably, our 1st or 2nd pick.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

I will go out on a limb here knowing we have not ever considered one person being HC and GM One of two things may happen in that regard. BB says I've done it all and been successful but I am good with sharing as long as I have right of first refusal. OR, John Mara leaves his comfort zone, puts Gettleman in an executive overseer role and lets BB run the show.
                            That would be interesting. Pats might need to be compete though. Also, who is BB without Tom Brady? I don’t think I’m sold.

Comment

With so many coaching vacancies I don't know if it's a good idea to wait and pass up on some decent coaches to see if BB is leaving.

Comment

Working...
                              X