X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear the beard!!!

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...b-2e8eaed60650

Bring it!!
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

It would be pretty epic to see him strolling the sidelines in the meadowlands. I don't necessarily think he's the best man for the job, but I would be fine with him.

Comment

Heís my choice. He earned his bones working his way up the chain in New England. And I think has earned a chance to be a head coach, and why not with the place his boss (Belichick) got his first start.

Call me old school, I want a defensive minded head coach. Get this damn defense back to being feared by the opponents. And dare I ask, get back to a 3-4 defense with some linebackers aimed at killing quarterbacks.

Comment

Wasn't one of the biggest knocks on Ben McAdoo the fact that he had no head coaching experience going into the Giants job? I also seem to remember a lot of statements of "good coordinator does not necessarily equal good head coach".

Just trying to keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post
          Wasn't one of the biggest knocks on Ben McAdoo the fact that he had no head coaching experience going into the Giants job? I also seem to remember a lot of statements of "good coordinator does not necessarily equal good head coach".

Donít compare that dolt to the beard..
          I get what youíre saying, and Mara has been quoted as saying he wants a coach with experience. But I think Matt can get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
            Heís my choice. He earned his bones working his way up the chain in New England. And I think has earned a chance to be a head coach, and why not with the place his boss (Belichick) got his first start.

Call me old school, I want a defensive minded head coach. Get this damn defense back to being feared by the opponents. And dare I ask, get back to a 3-4 defense with some linebackers aimed at killing quarterbacks.
            I think Patricia runs a hybrid D with a mix of 4-3 and 3-4 looks. So either way, LBs will become a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Hiring a DC or OC to become a HC is a pretty common practice in the NFL. It's a crap shoot no matter who they hire anyway.

Comment

i'm skeptical of players/coaches coming out of that franchise. so much influence on overall performance from Brady/Belichek, its not impossible to find someone who is the real deal there, but i think SO much of what that franchise does is covered by the the HC and QB.
                sigpic

Comment

But I like the crazy scenario of getting B.B. also make it even crazier by getting B.B. to bring Patricia with him and groom Patricia for HC when Bill retires. He is pretty old.

but in the real world I would be happy to have Patricia as he HC. From what YA said yesterday the Giants want him badly

Comment

Have any OC/DC from New England succeeded in the NFL without their daddy Bill?

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post
                      Did their daddy Bill succeed his first time around?

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post
                        Why does that matter? Every situation and individual are completely separate from each other. One has no bearing on the other.

Comment

THEIR DAMN DEFENSE HAS NOT EVEN BEEN THAT GOOD OVER HIS TENURE LMFAO
                          Myron Guyton from tiny Eastern Kentucky and Greg Jackson from LSU solidified a Giants Defense as Rookies, maybe Starters, and came out of nowhere in the Draft to prove their worth. Parcells believed in them and they played and played well as Rookies helping the G-men to the SB in '90.....

Comment

YA says this is the guy, I don't know why but his insider comments usually are pretty accurate. I prefer McDaniels, but I'd be fine with it.
                            sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by myronguyton3 View Post
                              THEIR DAMN DEFENSE HAS NOT EVEN BEEN THAT GOOD OVER HIS TENURE LMFAO
                              5th in scoring defense. (18.5 per game).

Comment

Working...
                              X