Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    won't happen

Gettleman was just hired ... does he just become a puppet ?

this is simply the media getting NY into and uproar
    Agree with this.. he has seen what his predecessor bill went through when he wasn't able to control personel decisions. Happened with Gmen and pats, at least according to parcells' book. Don't see bb coming here.
    sigpic #80

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

Nothing needs to be or should be undone but agree things can be done and all egos would be put aside to make this happen. There is a world where the reality can be BB and DG working together especially since they are both at advanced ages, share the same football philosophy, work ethic and know each other real well. It can work.
      I feel someone would have to give into the other at some point though.. I get the feeling you would have two alphas going at it and neither being able to swallow their pride. Maybe not the best situation. Just my impressions on either person . Could be completely wrong though.
      sigpic #80

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z-E View Post

Agree with this.. he has seen what his predecessor bill went through when he wasn't able to control personel decisions. Happened with Gmen and pats, at least according to parcells' book. Don't see bb coming here.
        Then give him control of personnel decisions.

It's amazing how quickly some were ready to dump Eli despite the fact that we "made a commitment" to him through the end of the 2019 season. But, Gettleman? Nah, we'd just have to pass on the most successful head coach in decades.

I'm called an Eli homer all the time. I like Eli. But if Aaron Rodgers came out tomorrow and said he wants to be the Giants' starting QB in 2018...move over Eli. We'd be fools not to. And you know what? Deep down inside Eli would know that he would do the same thing if he was Mara.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Damn thats a strong statement in regards to Peyton. Dont forget Peyton has struggled in the post season against good defenses. Plus Peyton sucks in bad weather.
          A lot of Brady’s losses came against Peyton. Belicheck and Peyton would have won more imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Then give him control of personnel decisions.

It's amazing how quickly some were ready to dump Eli despite the fact that we "made a commitment" to him through the end of the 2019 season. But, Gettleman? Nah, we'd just have to pass on the most successful head coach in decades.

I'm called an Eli homer all the time. I like Eli. But if Aaron Rodgers came out tomorrow and said he wants to be the Giants' starting QB in 2018...move over Eli. We'd be fools not to. And you know what? Deep down inside Eli would know that he would do the same thing if he was Mara.
            Yeah I see what you're saying but if that situation were to happen with bb and dg, it would make the franchise look unstable imo. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems dg came here to make those decisions and to just take that away a few weeks after hiring him could create tensions right off the bat.

However, I just don't see bb wanting a part of it. Which, no matter how bad we want it, it ultimately depends on him. Furthermore, I don't really believe there is that much discontent in ne. It all seems too convenient of timing to me.
            sigpic #80

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

A lot of Brady’s losses came against Peyton. Belicheck and Peyton would have won more imo.
              Yes but im looking at what both qbs do in terrible weather as well. Peyton im sure has losing record with temp under 32 degrees so im not so sure about peyton doing better in foxboro imo. Debatable and good argument though at the barbershops.

Comment

Gettleman would have to be a fool not to look into it. I'm not saying it's going to happen but you have to look at all your options. Bill is not chop liver, this would be a serious hire.

But didn't he do something years ago that pissed off everyone? Then again that was a long time ago.

Comment

Here is my whole thing with Belichick- I think the media is definitely stirring the pot a bit. ESPN has really become a network that speculates and makes up their own stories. But, there is definitely something there. Also, if you've ever watched the A Football Life for Belichick, you can see the love he has for the Giants organization and how much he treasures his time with the Giants. He was choked up talking about how much his time in NY meant to him.

With all of that being said- Belichick is 65 years old. He is under contract. It is going to cost draft picks to get him. Gruden cost 2 1sts and 2 2nds for Tampa Bay. He was a lot younger than Bill, but he was not the greatest coach of all time. It is going to cost picks to pry Belichick from NE even if he doesn't want to be there. I just don't think anything will come from this. It is fun to speculate, but when all is said and done, I would give it less than a 5% chance of happening.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Phil Jackson had the greatest players in history and without them he’s nothing. Belicheck built Super Bowl caliber defenses with no bodies and designed defenses to stop all time great offenses. Belicheck without Brady is all time great coach. If he had Peyton in his prime, they wouldn’t have lost to the giants.
                    How many Super Bowls did Bill win without Tom? As for great players. Bill has 7 Super Bowl rings, 5 with Tom Brady and 2 with LT. Great coaches don't win without great players, they make great players. I hold Bill in much higher regards than Phil, but to claim Phil was nothing is pretty foolish.

Belichick without Brady isn't even above .500 as a coach, in real life, not a made up altered reality. I'd take him as our coach in a heartbeat though.
                    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Can't spell Belichick with out Eli.

I don't think it's out of the question, especially if the Pats get bounced from the playoffs early. The monkey wrench in this case would be Gettleman and the inability for BB to control everything. Is that a show stopper in this case? Who knows? Maybe they can come to an agreement for BB to have the final say, and Gettleman to have input. They seem to come from a similar cloth.
                      NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                      Garrett Bolles - OT
                      David Njoku - TE
                      Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

If these coaches who are interviewing start landing jobs elsewhere while the Giants seat remains vacant, I think I'll start believing,

Comment

Imagine the affect if the titans pulled off a miracle. Mcdaniels would be clear, and controversy over the unrest in ne would swirl, unfounded or not

Comment

how many on here have trashed BB in the past as a cheater and being underhanded.

Great coach....yeah
                            Tainted and a cheater.....yeah

dont want him
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              how many on here have trashed BB in the past as a cheater and being underhanded.

Great coach....yeah
                              Tainted and a cheater.....yeah

dont want him

are you too young to know those Meadowlands doors didn't swing open on their own?

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

are you too young to know those Meadowlands doors didn't swing open on their own?
                                nope not too young at all...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                                X