Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting to think Shurmur could be a good fit...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to think Shurmur could be a good fit...

The guy has worked wonders with the likes of Case Keenum and Bradford. He helped develop Mcnabb as well in Philly. With Eli on his way out soon, it seems like he could be capable of grooming whichever QB we take at #2, or Webb if not. Not to mention Shurmur has an offensive line background, which certainly wouldn't hurt given the current state of our team at the position. Thoughts?

I would be fine with this selection. Prefer him over McDaniels.

Comment

If they hire that dude, they should draft Lamar Jackson!

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
        Agree like the fact he can adjust to change in personnel or to what defenses are trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream88 View Post
          The guy has worked wonders with the likes of Case Keenum and Bradford. He helped develop Mcnabb as well in Philly. With Eli on his way out soon, it seems like he could be capable of grooming whichever QB we take at #2, or Webb if not. Not to mention Shurmur has an offensive line background, which certainly wouldn't hurt given the current state of our team at the position. Thoughts?
          But Gettleman isnít picking a QB with the number 2 pick!
          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Yeah...I wouldn't mind Shurmur. His first game as interm HC for the eagles was against the Giants. I thought the eagles played well that game. He seems like a consistent coach.

Comment

Based on what Iíve read Iím favoring Shurmur over all the other candidates, especially if we get or have (Webb) a decent QB. Heís worked wonders for McNabb, McCoy, Keenum, etc. McDaniels would probably be second but he still seems like a wild card to me. Most players and staff didnít speak highly of him when he was in Denver and he seems like a pompous arrogant jerk. Hopeful heís learned and matured but there lyeth the ďwild cardĒ.

Comment

Looks like McDaniels and Patricia are not really interested in the Giants anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Looks like McDaniels and Patricia are not really interested in the Giants anyway.
                  I heard the same. I still don't understand the logistics of why McDaniels would prefer Indianapolis. What if Luck is never the same again? Their roster outside of him is horrendous, far worse than the Giants imo. Giants are a flagship organization of the league, with some good young pieces to build around. Doesn't add up to me

Comment

I heard the same. I still don't understand the logistics of why McDaniels would prefer Indianapolis. What if Luck is never the same again? Their roster outside of him is horrendous, far worse than the Giants imo. Giants are a flagship organization of the league, with some good young pieces to build around. Doesn't add up to me
                    The QB is why. And this flagship franchise thing only exists in the minds of Giants fans. Coaches want to go where they can win, or do THEIR thing or ideally a combo of both. Giants have way too many fingers in the pie and the dysfunction was exposed for all to see this year

i have no problem with Eli Manning but he is also probably a barrier to young Offensive coaches like McDaniels.

Comment

The QB is why. And this flagship franchise thing only exists in the minds of Giants fans. Coaches want to go where they can win, or do THEIR thing or ideally a combo of both. Giants have way too many fingers in the pie and the dysfunction was exposed for all to see this year

i have no problem with Eli Manning but he is also probably a barrier to young Offensive coaches like McDaniels.
                      It seems like a lot of McDaniels' problems in Denver stemmed from his personality, which is a pretty tough thing to change.

Also, he moved up in the first round to draft Tebow. No way I want that guy having a say in our future QB plans ....

Comment

It seems like a lot of McDaniels' problems in Denver stemmed from his personality, which is a pretty tough thing to change.

Also, he moved up in the first round to draft Tebow. No way I want that guy having a say in our future QB plans ....
                        He is obviously much better than McAdoo as an OC but he seems similar to mcAdoo as a leader...he scares me. I doubt the Giants have serious interest in him anyway. He just does not seem like what they re looking for - especially given the situation the Giants are coming out of .....

Comment

He is obviously much better than McAdoo as an OC but he seems similar to mcAdoo as a leader...he scares me. I doubt the Giants have serious interest in him anyway. He just does not seem like what they re looking for - especially given the situation the Giants are coming out of .....
                          I feel the same way ... he scares me.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2016/...triots-broncos

Comment

Yeah that whole Cutler thing was awful.

Comment

Agreed, to me it's looking more and more like this HC search is coming down to 2 names, Wilks and Shurmur.

Comment

Working...
                              X