Wilks n Schwartz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilks n Schwartz

Is Wilks' Panthers defense really that great ? The Saints outscored his D n the Panthers r one n done? Both teams scored well but Saints' D coach is not being interviewed for Giants HC.Wilks, however, is. As a HC prospect without NFL HC experience is he better than Schwartz, or Schurmur, or those guys from NE? HC will be a BIG decision especially after 3-13 season. You guys up for another HC in training?

I believe he is only getting an interview because Gettleman knows him. I would be surprised if he is hired. He does not fit what Mara said they are looking for in a HC

Comment

The more I think about Schwartz, the less I want him here as HC. He is a very sharp guy, and he wanted to knock out Jim Harbaugh, I mean who doesn't? But his teams were severely undisciplined.

If Wilks knocks it out of the Park, maybe he will become a front runner.

Patricia is supposedly taking the Lions Job, supposedly McDaniels is interested in the COLTs job.

We will see...

Comment

Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
        Is Wilks' Panthers defense really that great ? The Saints outscored his D n the Panthers r one n done? Both teams scored well but Saints' D coach is not being interviewed for Giants HC.Wilks, however, is. As a HC prospect without NFL HC experience is he better than Schwartz, or Schurmur, or those guys from NE? HC will be a BIG decision especially after 3-13 season. You guys up for another HC in training?

I know nothing about Wilks except for seeing Carolina play. That being said...I haven't been impressed with their d.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
          The more I think about Schwartz, the less I want him here as HC. He is a very sharp guy, and he wanted to knock out Jim Harbaugh, I mean who doesn't? But his teams were severely undisciplined.

If Wilks knocks it out of the Park, maybe he will become a front runner.

Patricia is supposedly taking the Lions Job, supposedly McDaniels is interested in the COLTs job.

We will see...

If that's true...that Patricia and McDaniels have interest in Lions/Colts...that either says the Giants aren't a desirable landing spot for coaches or Patricia and McDaniels don't come off well in interviews. Hopefully, it's the latter. But time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post

If that's true...that Patricia and McDaniels have interest in Lions/Colts...that either says the Giants aren't a desirable landing spot for coaches or Patricia and McDaniels don't come off well in interviews. Hopefully, it's the latter. But time will tell.
            Lions n Colts have younger better QBS than Giants. Giants have to sell Webb and/or draft pick for QB to HC applicants who r in demand. I think it may have to be a developer of QBs who gets the nod with a very strong experienced D coordinator

Comment

The Carolina D really needs a matchup CB to be at its best. They dont have one now. Bradberry is a nice player but is best served as a #2CB. If Wilks comes here, he will have that in Jackrabbit. From all I have read on Wilks, he is a leader and ready to be a HC. Its a leap of faith but I would be okay with the hire. I honestly just want anybody over Jim Schwartz.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post

Yes, time will definitely tell. Personally, and I know I am biased, I think this job is better then the COLTs job. The Lions job is the best one out there. 9-7 Team, Matt Stafford at QB.

But the GIANTS job is a great job, long-term. I think McDaniels would like it better here than in Indy. That owner in Indy is a weird guy. He was loyal to Pagano, and Luck is there, but Irsay would really give me pause. Mara and Tisch are both great owners and they will want stability this time around.

We'll get a good coach though.

Pat Shurmur and Gettelman would be a real good team too.

I like what I hear about Wilks, but I don't know a lot.

Gettelman and Mara will get the right guy this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                  The Carolina D really needs a matchup CB to be at its best. They dont have one now. Bradberry is a nice player but is best served as a #2CB. If Wilks comes here, he will have that in Jackrabbit. From all I have read on Wilks, he is a leader and ready to be a HC. Its a leap of faith but I would be okay with the hire. I honestly just want anybody over Jim Schwartz.
                  I don;t know a lot about Wilks, but that is what I have heard about Wilks too. High energy, personable, but big on discipline/accountability, but has inherent leadership.

The more I think about Schwartz, the more I want to pass. A Carolina Style Defense with a Stout Front 7, excites me. Carolina actually values LBs, and I have always believe in the philosophy of getting 3 or 4 stud D-Linemen and putting a set of fast and mean LBs behind them. LBs set the Tone for the Defense.

Comment

I don;t know a lot about Wilks, but that is what I have heard about Wilks too. High energy, personable, but big on discipline/accountability, but has inherent leadership.

The more I think about Schwartz, the more I want to pass. A Carolina Style Defense with a Stout Front 7, excites me. Carolina actually values LBs, and I have always believe in the philosophy of getting 3 or 4 stud D-Linemen and putting a set of fast and mean LBs behind them. LBs set the Tone for the Defense.
                    Everyone would value LB'rs if two of them are Luke Kuechley and Thomas Davis......
                    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Everyone would value LB'rs if two of them are Luke Kuechley and Thomas Davis......
                      Yup.

Comment

The problem in yesterday's game was that they needed to stop the Saints run game and in order to do that they needed 8 or 9 in the box. Their front 7 alone couldn't get the job done. Throw in the weak Carolina secondary and Wilks had no chance of succeeding. To be fair, that was an example of a flawed roster which Gettleman built.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Agreed. Unfortunately the last LB we had of that Caliber was Jesse Armstead.

Comment

Originally posted by yatitle View Post
                            The problem in yesterday's game was that they needed to stop the Saints run game and in order to do that they needed 8 or 9 in the box. Their front 7 alone couldn't get the job done. Throw in the weak Carolina secondary and Wilks had no chance of succeeding. To be fair, that was an example of a flawed roster which Gettleman built.
                            The young secondary players in Carolina are on the way up, and Gettelman built up the Front 7 and kept it intact. I'd do the same. That Roster is a as deep as anyone else's in the NFL with the exception of the Vikings.

Comment

The young secondary players in Carolina are on the way up, and Gettelman built up the Front 7 and kept it intact. I'd do the same. That Roster is a as deep as anyone else's in the NFL with the exception of the Vikings.
                              But the left tackle he signed to a big contract is awful. Speedbump McGee as Cam Jordan said...

Comment

Working...
                              X