Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Belichick says he ‘absolutely’ intends to coach Patriots next season

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3744613

Excerpt: "Bill Belichick said in a conference call Monday morning that he “absolutely” intends to be back with the New England Patriots after this season.

Belichick was asked about Gary Myers’ Daily News report quoting a source that said Belichick would be interested in the Giants’ head coaching vacancy. This is in the context of multiple reports in recent months, including a recent bombshell ESPN story, that paint Tom Brady in a bad light and Belichick as the victim of a rift between Brady, Belichick and owner Robert Kraft.

Belichick’s answer to that?

“Right now my interest is trying to do the best I can for our football team to get ready for Saturday night against Tennessee,” said Belichick, whose AFC top-seeded Patriots host the Titans in the divisional round. “That’s where my total focus is.”

Belichick then was asked if his intention was to definitely be back with the Patriots next season.

“Absolutely,” he said, echoing Kraft's comment last week." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Figured it was probably too good to be true

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3744613

Excerpt: "Bill Belichick said in a conference call Monday morning that he “absolutely” intends to be back with the New England Patriots after this season.

Belichick was asked about Gary Myers’ Daily News report quoting a source that said Belichick would be interested in the Giants’ head coaching vacancy. This is in the context of multiple reports in recent months, including a recent bombshell ESPN story, that paint Tom Brady in a bad light and Belichick as the victim of a rift between Brady, Belichick and owner Robert Kraft.

Belichick’s answer to that?

“Right now my interest is trying to do the best I can for our football team to get ready for Saturday night against Tennessee,” said Belichick, whose AFC top-seeded Patriots host the Titans in the divisional round. “That’s where my total focus is.”

Belichick then was asked if his intention was to definitely be back with the Patriots next season.

“Absolutely,” he said, echoing Kraft's comment last week." Read more...
      Not saying that this rumor isn't totally crazy, because it is, but......he's currently the HC of a team in the playoffs. You don't announce you're leaving your team while you're still trying to win. He's NOT Tiki Barber. (for my friend Harooni)
      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

Not saying that this rumor isn't totally crazy, because it is, but......he's currently the HC of a team in the playoffs. You don't announce you're leaving your team while you're still trying to win. He's NOT Tiki Barber. (for my friend Harooni)
        Exactly. I would never put anything past Bill Belichick.
        Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Just heard the interview. I dont think its gonna happen, but his "absolutely" was pretty weak and all he kept saying his focus is on the playoffs saturday... there you have it, hes definitely coachinh the giants lol

Comment

He's gonna be a Giant!!!!
            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
            Garrett Bolles - OT
            David Njoku - TE
            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I give it a 10% chance of happening, but this is not the reason. What else is he supposed to say at this point?
              http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

All this talk about who the next upcoming franchise QB can or will be in this next draft.

I would love to hear who BB thinks is the next rising Brady/Rodgers/BigBen out of the QB prospects.

Could you imagine if BB actually wanted to coach the Giants, he knows Eli has about a year left, we are picking #2, could you imagine if this guy actually was excited about finding the next star QB? He would have the perfect opportunity coming here.

He would definitely have a say on who we pick at #2.

If the pats do infact miss the sb with a win this could be a possibility

Definitely exciting times, pretty sad that this next Hc, coordinator search has been the highlight of our season

Comment

Working...
                X