Does Saban get a call?`

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Saban get a call?`

Surprised to see his name not mentioned more on the MB. I'm not too big of a fan, and I think the chances are next to nothing, but I have to imagine we at least pick up the phone to gauge his interest.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Don’t get to have all of the best players on your team in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
      Don’t get to have all of the best players on your team in the NFL
      Not with that attitude you don't
      NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
      Garrett Bolles - OT
      David Njoku - TE
      Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I am sure it's been discussed. I think that Tish knows him. My guess is that one side or both are clearly not interested. A coach like that does not get interviewed publicly. It would (or quite possibly) has been done in the background. Saban would never let it get out publically that he was interested in the job unless it was basically a done deal. If it does happen, it will happen fast and soon.

Comment

He called the Giants at the last minute during the last HC search but that whole search was a sham as McAdok had he job sewn up the moment Tc left.

I think the Giants like Saban but he would have a tough time competing with other candidates for the job. Also does he really want to leave Alabama? Maybe

Comment

NO

Comment

I just don't get the fascination with Saban.
              He wins because he gets the best recruits. He has the best players every year. That's not what the NFL is. If you want a college coach, give me a guy like David Shaw who coaches at a school with high academic standards. Who wins even though he doesn't always have the best players.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                He wins because he gets the best recruits. He has the best players every year. That's not what the NFL is. If you want a college coach, give me a guy like David Shaw who coaches at a school with high academic standards. Who wins even though he doesn't always have the best players.
                Shaw is who I wanted too, but he’s not interested in leaving his college coaching job, which makes me respect the guy even more!
                A coach who actually COACHES lesser players to be better players ....now THATS the definition of a truly great coach.
                And they care about education first? What a radical idea!!!
                Last edited by bigblue58; 01-09-2018, 11:34 AM.
                "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

But that’s this place in a nutshell isn’t it?
                  Oohh let’s hire Saban.Why because he’s a great coach?No, because they won the NC
                  Draft Darden or Rosen.why, because they’re so good? no because they’re the College QB flavors of the month
                  Draft Mayfield. Why, because he’s that good? No , because he won the Heisman Trophy
                  The list of “genius” college coaches who went to the NFL and failed miserably is long.
                  The list of Number one QBs and Heisman Trophy winning QBs who were busts in the NFL is even longer!!m
                  Nevsr mind that Saban is also a liar and a quitter who bailed on the Dolphins for the Alabama gig, after telling the press he had no interest in the job!
                  Yet some people want that pos to coach the Giants? Smh.
                  Last edited by bigblue58; 01-09-2018, 12:03 PM.
                  "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

I agree, Shaw is a great coach, too bad he's pretty much a Stanford lifer at this point.

Comment

I hope not we seen this guy pick up and run back to college after he was a pro coach. He deserted Miami from what I remember. Leave him in college he's terrific there. He's 65 and I don't trust this guy as far as I can throw him. Hope he doesn't get a call for HC from us.

Comment

With reports of him almost getting the job in early 2000's and again just 2 years ago...I'm sure someone will be calling someone.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/9...301519360?s=17

Bruce Arians on Saban and a certain job “he covets”

Comment

And it's a shame his name has not even been mentioned thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post
                              https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/9...301519360?s=17

Bruce Arians on Saban and a certain job “he covets”
                              Amazing....

So, right now we are linked to the greatest NFL HC in history and the greatest NCAA HC in history (arguably).

I guess the Giants are still a big thing to coach huh?

How did we end up with MCAdoo again?
                              http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X