Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Nick Saban be an option at head coach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Nick Saban be an option at head coach?

he has apparently always been interested in the Giants head coaching job.
    https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/could...ants/264431386

Why would you leave the Best Football Head Coaching job anywhere?

He is the Face of an entire state. He actually got thousands of write in votes in the recent Senate election.

No reason for him to leave. He is the King of his own Country.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

He is the Face of an entire state. He actually got thousands of write in votes in the recent Senate election.

because if you read the article I posted it alludes to the fact that Saban has always coveted the Giants Job. what's more alluring A SB Ring or a College National Championship. he already proved he could be the best in college now may be he wants to see if he can tackle the NFL.

Comment

Never!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

because if you read the article I posted it alludes to the fact that Saban has always coveted the Giants Job. what's more alluring A SB Ring or a College National Championship. he already proved he could be the best in college now may be he wants to see if he can tackle the NFL.
          That makes sense to me, he wins the damn National Championship 2 out of every 3 years I would think that'd actually get boring after awhile. He's got nothing at all left to prove at Alabama.

Comment

He tried to swoop in at the last second when the Giants job was open last time but McAdoo had the job sewn up. If I recall he approached the Giants and they basically said they would have been interested in interviewing him seriously if he had approached them earlier. But even then hey really wanted to give it to McAdoo.

Saban could show interest again. Iím not so sure about him but he does have two of the main qualities they have stated are priorities: experience and toughness

Comment

I have been a Giants fan for 40 years. I have watched them in the best and worst of times. That being said, I do not want Saban anywhere near this team. Alabama wins because of the recruits. They just get better players from top to bottom than every other team. How? Much like Pitino,everywhere Saban goes-miracles seem to happen. When he retires,the truth will come out. Keep him away from the NFL. He had his shot previously and failed.

Comment

Originally posted by whysoblue View Post
                I have been a Giants fan for 40 years. I have watched them in the best and worst of times. That being said, I do not want Saban anywhere near this team. Alabama wins because of the recruits. They just get better players from top to bottom than every other team. How? Much like Pitino,everywhere Saban goes-miracles seem to happen. When he retires,the truth will come out. Keep him away from the NFL. He had his shot previously and failed.
                except Miami!!

Comment

I completely agree with this

Comment

Would take a huge buyout plus 4-5 year deal of 10+ million a year to get him.Not to mention he would want control,dont see it happening.Also arent the Giants still on the hook for McAddo's contract,I would be well beyond shocked if he gets the job

Comment

Pure speculation with no proof. Also, it's a talent to get "the best players" and many coaches fail at every level with the best talent. There's no denying he's doing something right and he's obviously a great coach.

That being said, I don't think he's an option anyway. It does not sound like the Giants want to go this way.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

He tried to swoop in at the last second when the Giants job was open last time but McAdoo had the job sewn up. If I recall he approached the Giants and they basically said they would have been interested in interviewing him seriously if he had approached them earlier. But even then hey really wanted to give it to McAdoo.

Saban could show interest again. Iím not so sure about him but he does have two of the main qualities they have stated are priorities: experience and toughness
                        This is speculation..Not fact. We have no idea if this even happened. It was a rumor.

Comment

I would be surprised if he left the Bama job at this present. Isnt he tied for most national titles ever with Bear Bryant?? I'm gonna assume that he wants that record breaking 7th title before he considers leaving for the NFL.
                          Last edited by jay051; 01-09-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

The more likely scenario out of this is,once again his name is being floated to have interest in the Giants,just to get more money from Alabama,especially after have won another title.Now that I can see actually happening,him getting a bump in pay to discourage this once again RUMOR of him leaving there to come here.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

I don't know, I am not buying that he tried to swoop in last time. I don't think that was ever validated.

Let's say it was true though. Saban is two years older now. Two years closer to retirement. He wants to come to a team with a 37/38 Year Old QB, who we will either stick with, or draft a Rookie QB? Either way he has a short Window with an aging QB, or a re-build with a Rookie QB.

I just don't see it. It could be a leverage play to get him something else he wants at Alabama like more money or more power.

Daban is one of the All-Time best where he is right now. He would not be one of the all-time best here, or at least I don;t think he would be.

Comment

Working...
                              X