Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Nick Saban be an option at head coach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saban's not coming to the Giants. He's got a cushy set-up in Alabama.
    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

I don't know, I am not buying that he tried to swoop in last time. I don't think that was ever validated.

Let's say it was true though. Saban is two years older now. Two years closer to retirement. He wants to come to a team with a 37/38 Year Old QB, who we will either stick with, or draft a Rookie QB? Either way he has a short Window with an aging QB, or a re-build with a Rookie QB.

I just don't see it. It could be a leverage play to get him something else he wants at Alabama like more money or more power.

Daban is one of the All-Time best where he is right now. He would not be one of the all-time best here, or at least I don;t think he would be.
      All moot now. I imagine Patricia will be hired

Comment

Saban is an Incredible college coach, but he sucked with the Dolphins and Browns. Maybe 3rd time is a charm?
        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

It would be hard to give up the prestige, the success, the total control and the ability to bring in the very best recruits year in and year out, especially after having stepped out before and not being successful. But, still anything is possible. I never saw the A-Rod to the Yankees thing coming when it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

All moot now. I imagine Patricia will be hired
            Seems to be the case.

Patricia and Gettelman must have really hit it off.

Maybe Gettelman is a Closet Dixon-Ticonderaga fan?

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

I don't know, I am not buying that he tried to swoop in last time. I don't think that was ever validated.

Let's say it was true though. Saban is two years older now. Two years closer to retirement. He wants to come to a team with a 37/38 Year Old QB, who we will either stick with, or draft a Rookie QB? Either way he has a short Window with an aging QB, or a re-build with a Rookie QB.

I just don't see it. It could be a leverage play to get him something else he wants at Alabama like more money or more power.

Daban is one of the All-Time best where he is right now. He would not be one of the all-time best here, or at least I don;t think he would be.
                well the Giants are looking for a veteran coach.

Comment

Not a 66 year-old veteran coach. That in is dumb and not conducive to long term stability.
                  Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                    Not a 66 year-old veteran coach. That in is dumb and not conducive to long term stability.
                    66 isn't that old that's like my parents age.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

66 isn't that old that's like my parents age.
                      It is because he would only be able to do the Job for a few years. We need a long term stybility with a young QB
                      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Working...
                      X