X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patricia wants to coach the Giants!

I prefer this guy over Daniels.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/10/nf...-patricia-mmqb

• Coaching stuff. In Detroit, I hear Pats defensive coordinator Matt Patricia is the choice over Houston’s defensive boss, Mike Vrabel—but Patricia favors the Giants. If the Giants give the nod to Patricia, Detroit could be Vrabel’s job. … New Chicago coach Matt Nagy got hot at the end of the season, and Colts GM Chris Ballard—the former Chiefs director of player personnel who knew Nagy well—also was smitten with him. … Indy would seem a good fit for Pats offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. … Players love Carolina defensive coordinator Steve Wilks, who interviewed with the Giants on Tuesday, and he could be the calming guy to fix a divided and mercenary New York team. Plus, he wouldn’t balk at GM Dave Gettleman picking the team’s long-term quarterback. … Arizona is wide open. Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur could be in play there, or with the Giants.

I was probably the first guy to throw his name in the hat but I’m having doubts. He may be the smartest person in the stadium but can he lead men?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
      I was probably the first guy to throw his name in the hat but I’m having doubts. He may be the smartest person in the stadium but can he lead men?
      That is an excellent question Mr. Saint.
      It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Definitely more leadership potential/ability than McDaniels, but more than other candidates I don’t know.

Comment

Honestly, I have no idea how anyone here could make a good estimate on how any of the candidates will do. There's so much more to coaching an NFL team than just how a coordinator unit performs. We see time and time again great coordinators fail as head coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post
            Honestly, I have no idea how anyone here could make a good estimate on how any of the candidates will do. There's so much more to coaching an NFL team than just how a coordinator unit performs. We see time and time again great coordinators fail as head coaches.
            yes which makes the whole thing a crap shoot. like picking a 1st round QB no difference.
            sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

This thing is a crapshoot fosho, I appreciate him wanting us though lol.
              we really will never know with most of these guys til theyve got command of the ship.
              i like patricia, have no idea how much a leader he'd be, but he's been right on the front lines of the team thats kicked the crap out of everyone (except us

Comment

The same source reported that Jim Schwartz was the favorite to be our next HC, and he never even interviewed. Lets just wait this out. He may be right...or it may be click bait. Who knows?

Comment

Exactly why I think we go with a coach who has experience. Last thing they want right now is another McAdoo who can become unwound quickly and lose the team.

Plus, does this look like a NYG HC?

Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-10-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

God that sounds familiar does the name Ray Handely ring a bell,Hope not

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                      The same source reported that Jim Schwartz was the favorite to be our next HC, and he never even interviewed. Lets just wait this out. He may be right...or it may be click bait. Who knows?
                      All these guys do is speculate out loud and report it as fact.
                      It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

He can lead men, the Pats locker room loves him. He's tough to the guys but completely likable by them and can relate to his players. Not a huge Ego I don't think. He just seems like the type of guy players would play hard for.

Cool story from Devil McCourty

Matt Patricia is not easily pleased, according to Devin McCourty.

The New England Patriots defense was thrilled after a Week 7 win over the Atlanta Falcons when they won, 23-7. Patricia was not.

“Everyone was so happy. ‘Yeah, we played Atlanta well and gave up seven points.’ And Matty P. was pissed, and that’s what we watched the next day,” McCourty said Wednesday. “We came in here and we watched that drive on how we didn’t have to give up those points. To me, that’s him. You’re not going to get him to lower his standards.

“He expects the best out of the first group we put on the field, the last group, in training camp, in the spring. You know, we got cursed out in the spring for giving up touchdowns in seven-on-seven red area where the ball started at the 7-yard line. Matty P. came in there and he ripped us. So, I think, obviously as players, sometimes you get mad at that, but if you’re wise enough to realize that that’s what helps you become a better individual player and collectively a better defense.”

Comment

I brought up Patricia's name in week 4 after our 4th loss and the notion of firing McAdoo came up. I would love Patricia as our head coach I love the beard! My question is he supposedly wants to be the Giants head coach but do the Giants want him?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Exactly why I think we go with a coach who has experience. Last thing they want right now is another McAdoo who can become unwound quickly and lose the team.

Plus, does this look like a NYG HC?

Man I'm torn cause if he can win games wearing a bunny hat I woudnt think twice about it but then again hes the face of the organization....sigh....

Comment

Cool story of how he was an undersized OL in college, put pride aside to be better.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/28/n...triots-defense

He's really a lot different person then you'd think from his looks with that beard and backwards hat.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by TrueBlue15; 01-10-2018, 10:27 AM. Reason: Added sentence

Comment

Working...
                              X