No announcement yet.

Patricia wants to coach the Giants!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no Problem with the Goodell Clown Shirt. Let's be honest, he was showing his support for his team, and his organization and his guys on a process where, quite frankly, Goodell Rail Roaded them like he has done to many others. It shows he cares about his guys.

Not the best judgement, but you can learn how to have better judgement. Loyalty runs deeper as far as I am concerned.

Comment

If Patricia turns out to be the guy and ends up a great HC, his beard and hat and general demeanor will make him unique and memorable.
      But im not worried about the shirt or any of that, with his intelligence and football smarts, im sure the guy is aware of how he'll be viewed once a head coach.
      the more im reading about him the more i like him, but this HC search shows that i dont think just about anyone has much of a clue how any of these candidates will pan out, it really is a crapshoot, from the fans perspective.

Comment

I will not believe any of this stuff until the guy is actually hired. I feel like these writers just make it up as they go along.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

I cant even believe they are interviewing him based on that one Goodell Clown shirt alone. Thats embarrassing for a coach to act like that.

It is one thing if it was just the beard and backwards hat, but the shirt showed classlessness and bad decision making.
          It hasn’t stopped them from disciplining some of our players who act worse or ignoring DV charges until it became public. Please...it was a shirt and it was funny, I’m sure he wouldn’t do it as a head coach.

Those talking about the hair, beard and hat...really? If the Giants had an issue with looks, specifically hair and beards/mustaches, then McAdope would have never been hired in the first place and he should have been fired before the season started based on his “new” hair do. He went from someone you wouldn’t want your kids within a hundred yards of to some kind of faux 1950’s gangster look.

While we’re talking about hats/apparel let’s not forget the oversized parachute McAdope wore for his game day uniform.

Comment

Patricia was my guy two years ago even though we all knew it was Mcadoos job. By all reports, his ex-players love him and he puts a big focus on detail. He’s had success with defenses with a lot of talent as well as with defenses with not so much talent. I’ll put my faith in a guy who quit a well-paying job to make pennies coaching D3 football, found a role as a coaching assistant with New England, and worked his way up Belichick’s ladder until becoming the defense play caller 8 yrs later.

Comment

Exactly why I think we go with a coach who has experience. Last thing they want right now is another McAdoo who can become unwound quickly and lose the team.

Plus, does this look like a NYG HC?

I'm confused with your last point, what does someone's appearance have to do with their abilities?
              sigpic #80

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z-E View Post

I'm confused with your last point, what does someone's appearance have to do with their abilities?
                Obviously a coach who thinks wearing a clown Goodell shirt is ok is not checking any boxes for how to be a head coach. Doesn't seem to me like he was thinking about his future when he did that.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                  I will not believe any of this stuff until the guy is actually hired. I feel like these writers just make it up as they go along.
                  Especially Gary Myers.
                  If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                    I was probably the first guy to throw his name in the hat but I’m having doubts. He may be the smartest person in the stadium but can he lead men?
                    I feel the same way.
                    He might be great, I don't really know.
                    I have the same reservations that you described so succinctly.
                    A degree in aerospace engineering? Don't want to stereotype, but aren't scientists usually thought of as not having huge personalities.
                    Alex Degrasse-Tyson has a big personality, but it's still kind of nerdy.
                    Like you said, "can he (MP) lead . . ."
                    If they hire him, I'll be all in behind him.
                    I have pretty good faith in Gettleman to make a good choice.

Comment

Obviously a coach who thinks wearing a clown Goodell shirt is ok is not checking any boxes for how to be a head coach. Doesn't seem to me like he was thinking about his future when he did that.
                      Yep, I agree with the shirt thing but I was confused by the second picture being included.
                      sigpic #80

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z-E View Post

Yep, I agree with the shirt thing but I was confused by the second picture being included.
                        He’s confusing the giants with the Yankees and their no facial hair policy and backward cap.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                          He’s confusing the giants with the Yankees and their no facial hair policy and backward cap.
                          No I'm not. I just dont think the Giants would hire a guy who dressed like that or had a sloppy beard. It's messy.

If he is hired I bet he is better groomed when he comes in.

I don't care about it, but the Giants are a "classy" organization and wouldn't want the image of the team looking like he is homeless.

Comment

No I'm not. I just dont think the Giants would hire a guy who dressed like that or had a sloppy beard. It's messy.

I don't care about it, but the Giants are a "classy" organization and wouldn't want the image of the team looking like he is homeless.
                            Well, I personally hope the FO can just bypass the "appearance" metric and hire him based on his abilities when it comes to coaching.
                            sigpic #80

Comment

What's Sloppy about the beard? Its just Long. The Giants don't have a long hair or no beard policy what's the big deal here? I have a long messy beard as well I think It Is kind of cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

What's Sloppy about the beard? Its just Long. The Giants don't have a long hair or no beard policy what's the big deal here? I have a long messy beard as well I think It Is kind of cool!
                                I know, its 2018 and long grizzly beer guzzling images of bearded men are in. Everyone loves the long dirty beard and tattoos all over themselves. Its a trend. Its just not what people want to see as a HC. Its very unprofessional. Show me one other HC who looks like that? There isnt one. So like I said, if they do take him in to be the HC, expect him to be groomed and a bit more presentable. Then again, they allowed McAdoo to wear red pajamas to his playoff game which is totally unprofessional, or did they know he would wear that? Probably not.

Again, I dont care about it, but image is everything for this organization right now especially after what just transpired the past 12 months or so. They got sloppy. They are trying to clean it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X