Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you hearing, YA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What are you hearing, YA?

    Dying for some news here!

  • #2
    He had confirmed yesterday that as far as he knew it will be Patricia if he wants the job.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have to be honest...I'm not thrilled with ANY of the names so far. At least the ones we've heard about.

      I guess David Shaw is still a pipe dream. I would also love Kirk Ferentz.

      I wish we would think outside the box a bit here. These names are SO friggin predictable.
      I like what Pittsburgh does. Both Mike Tomlin and Bill Cowher were risky choices but they both ended up winning SB's.
      We are SO friggin cautious. Drives me crazy.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        I have to be honest...I'm not thrilled with ANY of the names so far. At least the ones we've heard about.

        I guess David Shaw is still a pipe dream. I would also love Kirk Ferentz.

        I wish we would think outside the box a bit here. These names are SO friggin predictable.
        I like what Pittsburgh does. Both Mike Tomlin and Bill Cowher were risky choices but they both ended up winning SB's.
        We are SO friggin cautious. Drives me crazy.
        I agree that I don't have a high comfort level with any of these candidates.

        However, if we hire Patricia, I think that this is not a cautious move (by Giants standards anyway). He doesn't seem to fit the mold of a typical Giants HC.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          I have to be honest...I'm not thrilled with ANY of the names so far. At least the ones we've heard about.

          I guess David Shaw is still a pipe dream. I would also love Kirk Ferentz.

          I wish we would think outside the box a bit here. These names are SO friggin predictable.
          I like what Pittsburgh does. Both Mike Tomlin and Bill Cowher were risky choices but they both ended up winning SB's.
          We are SO friggin cautious. Drives me crazy.
          ^THIS^

          Nothing excites me about what is happening. But then what do I know..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

            I agree that I don't have a high comfort level with any of these candidates.

            However, if we hire Patricia, I think that this is not a cautious move (by Giants standards anyway). He doesn't seem to fit the mold of a typical Giants HC.
            I get that but to me it's chasing "the hot coordinator".
            I honestly don't know very much about him and his style of coaching. We need a real leader of men. Not just some guy who knows X's and O's.

            I just tend to be very distrustful of any Pats coach. They always look good because they have Bill and Brady. Honestly, the Pats D isn't very good at all this year. The only Pats coach that I can remember that did well at all was Bill O'Brien. I think he's actually a fine coach.

            But look at the list of Pats coaches who have failed when they left the team.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

              I get that but to me it's chasing "the hot coordinator".
              I honestly don't know very much about him and his style of coaching. We need a real leader of men. Not just some guy who knows X's and O's.

              I just tend to be very distrustful of any Pats coach. They always look good because they have Bill and Brady. Honestly, the Pats D isn't very good at all this year. The only Pats coach that I can remember that did well at all was Bill O'Brien. I think he's actually a fine coach.

              But look at the list of Pats coaches who have failed when they left the team.
              I can't disagree with you here.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                I can't disagree with you here.
                The best thing that every happened to our team was when they blew it completely up in 1979. They changed the entire culture. George Young came in.
                Perkins became the HC....who brought Parcells. Phil got drafted. Then LT in '81. There came something that was actually a new identity.
                "Giants football" actually meant something specifically. It was a tough, no nonsense, lunchpail kind of approach.

                We are at a perfect moment to change our culture. Our QB is at or near the end of his tenure here, our team is 3-13. We have the 2nd pick. I say draft Mayfield and bring in a no BS coach. Not sure if I want a "rocket scientist" as my HC.
                Let's make Giants football fun.

                Just rambling. I don't know if Mayfield is good enough. He may or may not be. But you all probably get my point.
                Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I wouldn't mind Mayfield, but not with the 2nd pick. I'd trade down, with who, I don't know, and get some extra picks. Obviously would need to be high enough to still be able to get Mayfield. My concern with him, is that I've never seen him run from 'under center', so the entire offense would need to be geared to his strengths. Just my $0.02.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Baby Bulls View Post
                    I wouldn't mind Mayfield, but not with the 2nd pick. I'd trade down, with who, I don't know, and get some extra picks. Obviously would need to be high enough to still be able to get Mayfield. My concern with him, is that I've never seen him run from 'under center', so the entire offense would need to be geared to his strengths. Just my $0.02.
                    That whole "value" thing is fine but the QB position is SO impactful. I say if they think he will be a good pro, take him at 2. If they have serious doubts, then they should pass.
                    But the whole notion that they "should" be able to get him if they trade down would be misguided. That is as I said, if they think he will be a good pro.
                    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Just rambling. I don't know if Mayfield is good enough. He may or may not be. But you all probably get my point.
                      I'm the same with the draft as I am with this HC search. There is no one I am salivating over.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He's hearing the same as us....nobody but the folks in the FO actually know anything. I like hearing some of the break downs from folks, particularly YA, but he doesn't have insight into decisions like this It's all speculation at this point.
                        NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

                        Rd 1
                        Garrett Bolles - OT
                        David Njoku - TE
                        Zach Cunningham - OLB

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TE88 View Post
                          He had confirmed yesterday that as far as he knew it will be Patricia if he wants the job.
                          good

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think M Patricia IS a little out of the box; it is a bit of a gamble on someone who's a bit different, but who's also been on the front lines of winning for a few years now. Its just so hard to really know how to feel about any of these guys, really, moreso than any player we'd draft or trade for.
                            Man we'll all feel better when the choice is made, this is sorta fun but mostly stressful lol.
                            in the back of my mind though I keep thinking now about gettleman. If he's involved at all, and gets a guy that he can gel with, I think we'll be fine, no matter what our impression is.
                            i dunno, rambling....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I donít know much about Patricia but what I like is:

                              - Has no prior connection to the Giants
                              - Comes from a successful franchise (winner)
                              - Has been a coordinator for 5 years
                              - Has been in coaching for 20 years
                              - Not old (long term future is possible I.e. 10 years+ tenure)
                              - Has typically done more with less (few stars on the Pats)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X