Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Giants will hire Matt Patricia over Josh McDaniels as Big Blue’s next head coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Giants will hire Matt Patricia over Josh McDaniels as Big Blue’s next head coach

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3752117

Excerpt: "Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels have worked side-by-side in the Patriots offices, sidelines and the occasional Boylston Street duck boat parade. They have won Super Bowl rings and suffered Super Bowl and conference championship game losses.

They are the 2018 valedictorians of the Bill Belichick Finishing School and ready to go out on their own - McDaniels tried it once nine years ago and had to return for more class work. They will attempt to wipe out the history of The Hoodie's assistants flopping once they escape the Evil Empire.

There is a lot to like about each, but now it appears Patricia, the mad scientist defensive mastermind, has separated himself from McDaniels, the state-of-the-art offensive whiz kid constantly in Tom Brady's ear and occasionally his face, as the Giants coaching search reaches the final stages.

"If they don't hire Matt Patricia, I'd be very surprised," a source told the Daily News on Thursday. "It fits the narrative."

Patricia has emerged as the Giants favorite with the desire to return to their championship DNA of impose-your-will tough guy football. New England's season is still going and potentially not ending until the Super Bowl on Feb. 4, so no formal offer can be made, but there are always back channels to deliver the word from the Giants once it is final.

"These guys are trying to build a team the way the Patriots have done it. Why not?" the NFL source said. "These are two extremely smart people with work ethics off the charts. Work is their joy. They don't stress over work. They are not going to say at 11 p.m. "I got to get home." They enjoy the challenge."

Why Patricia over McDaniels?

The final decision belongs to co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch but they did not hire Dave Gettleman as GM to force a coach on him. My sources believe that Patricia's philosophy is most closely aligned to what Gettleman articulated on Dec. 29 when he endorsed a smash-mouth approach to football with the emphasis on big guys. Gettleman also made a point of saying how defense wins championships.

Here's why I think Patricia will be announced as the Giants new coach:

--His defensive schemes are game plan-centric as he adapts the personnel week-to-week. He is excellent at mid-game adjustments. Although New England gave up the fourth most yards this season, it gave up the fifth fewest points. Belichick has given him the autonomy to run that side of the ball." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

"-- His defensive schemes are game plan-centric as he adapts the personnel week-to-week. He is excellent at mid-game adjustments. Although New England gave up the fourth most yards this season, it gave up the fifth fewest points. Belichick has given him the autonomy to run that side of the ball."

I mentioned this in another thread a moment ago, but this sticks out to me about Patricia. Before he was a candidate to become a HC, I mentioned to a buddy who happens to be a Pats fan how impressed I was with how their defense has become a strength. Watching them against KC in week 1, especially after Hightower went down, I figured they were done. They looked exposed. Patricia has been able to game plan and adjust from week to week, and it's impressive.

NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I hope he keeps the beard.
      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Mid game adjustments is impotant as a pre game plan. Something McAdoo could not do.
        He has to keep the beard is who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
          Mid game adjustments is impotant as a pre game plan. Something McAdoo could not do.
          He has to keep the beard is who he is.
          like Sampson's hair!!

Comment

I had a hairy deeam last night. Matt Patricia HC of the New York Giants. Team gets off to a excellent start of the season.. The players start sporting all types of beards. As the season progresses the fans (males )start the movement some real some phoney beards. The Giants proceed to win the Super Bowl.
            At the trophy awards Mara, Tisch and DG have facial hair, even Goodell has some stubs on his face.
            Well, one can only hope dreams come true.
            ​​
            Last edited by fifthavephil; 01-12-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
              I hope he keeps the beard.
              +1

Comment

Anyone of the candidates is an upgrade to McDaniels.
                There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Working...
                X