Brandon Spikes on Matt Patricia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Spikes on Matt Patricia

Not going to lie, when it was reported that Patricia was the favorite for the job, I was not thrilled cause I wanted an offensive mind due to our recent struggles and the very likely possibility of us taking a young QB at #2. However, the more I look into Patricia, the more I like him. He's been referred to as "Little Bill" by Pats players. It also seems like he is a genuinely good guy who cares about and can relate with his players, unlike McDaniels. In the article below, Brandon Spikes even says that he would call Patricia in the middle of the night just to help him with life in general.

So, here's a very well written article about Matt Patricia's work ethic and ability to teach football from a former linebacker's perspective:
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/08/ma...l-lions-giants
    1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
    2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
    3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
    4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Good story, have a better perspective of Matty P.

Comment

All the more reason to hope the Patriots get eliminated ASAP.

Comment

Good article. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
          Exactly. I want our next coach to get the assistants he wants.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Good article. It IS all about coaching. The way TC turned around Strahan's attitude about him, and got Tuck to be his best is stuff of legend.

Comment

Great read, seems he has those leadership qualities required to be a hc. Excited to see what happens over the next month!
              sigpic #80

Comment

Go titans!!!
                sigpic #80

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

Exactly. I want our next coach to get the assistants he wants.
                  Very true. There are a lot of teams who need offensive coordinators now and that position would be extremely important if Patricia was hired.
                  1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
                  2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
                  3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
                  4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

Agree but hopefully it will be a loss in a defensive battle because Patricia's defense getting picked apart by the Titans would not instill much confidence in me although you can't judge a guy off of one game.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post

Agree but hopefully it will be a loss in a defensive battle because Patricia's defense getting picked apart by the Titans would not instill much confidence in me although you can't judge a guy off of one game.
                      He ran the #5 scoring defense in the league this season.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan1998 View Post
                        Not going to lie, when it was reported that Patricia was the favorite for the job, I was not thrilled cause I wanted an offensive mind due to our recent struggles and the very likely possibility of us taking a young QB at #2. However, the more I look into Patricia, the more I like him. He's been referred to as "Little Bill" by Pats players. It also seems like he is a genuinely good guy who cares about and can relate with his players, unlike McDaniels. In the article below, Brandon Spikes even says that he would call Patricia in the middle of the night just to help him with life in general.

So, here's a very well written article about Matt Patricia's work ethic and ability to teach football from a former linebacker's perspective:
                        https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/08/ma...l-lions-giants
                        To quote our new GM...."Offense scores points. Defense wins championships"

Comment

Thats great and all, but im still worried he is Little Bill and thats it. Spags is also loved by our players. Spags also put together some superbowl defenses. Who knows... I still think its a huge gamble to think he is the reason they are playing so well and its not the mastermind Bill Belichick.
                          http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            Thats great and all, but im still worried he is Little Bill and thats it. Spags is also loved by our players. Spags also put together some superbowl defenses. Who knows... I still think its a huge gamble to think he is the reason they are playing so well and its not the mastermind Bill Belichick.
                            So......who ISN'T a gamble? Who is the person out there that's a guarantee?

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

So......who ISN'T a gamble? Who is the person out there that's a guarantee?
                              No idea...
                              http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X