Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"...co-owner Steve Tisch, who was out of the country during their initial interviews last week."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...co-owner Steve Tisch, who was out of the country during their initial interviews last week."

WTH? 50% owner who has other more important things than to make HC choice a priority? Somehow he will have his own interview later? Sorry, I find that somewhat unacceptable.

He really doesn't factor into the football operation
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      ^this^

although, if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't it tisch that consulted a psychologist and decided he wasn't a fan of bringing parcells back? But when he changed his mind and thought it was better to bring in parcells over fassel, Mara had already broke the news to jim at the Sheraton since tisch couldn't get a hold of him immediately? If only they has cell phones!

(at least this is what I recall from parcells book, could be his warped view of the events)
      sigpic #80

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z-E View Post

^this^

although, if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't it tisch that consulted a psychologist and decided he wasn't a fan of bringing parcells back? But when he changed his mind and thought it was better to bring in parcells over fassel, Mara had already broke the news to jim at the Sheraton since tisch couldn't get a hold of him immediately? If only they has cell phones!

(at least this is what I recall from parcells book, could be his warped view of the events)
        It's not unusual that a partner in any enterprise isn't involved in much of the actual day to day operation of the enterprise
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

It's not unusual that a partner in any enterprise isn't involved in much of the actual day to day operation of the enterprise
          Yeah, makes sense. No I agree with what you said, he isn't as involved as Mara certainly and that isn't unusual for sure. But do you recall the situation with bp and Jf? Curious if there is a different perspective to that situation or if it even occured? It was more of an aside rather than a rebuttal to what you were saying.
          sigpic #80

Comment

Then why does he have second interviews? He does have some influence

Comment

It's more or less a coutesy for Tisch. Tisch usually goes along with Mara.
              Last edited by fifthavephil; 01-13-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarBear56 View Post

Then why does he have second interviews? He does have some influence
                I didn't say he didn't have influence. He owns 50% of the team. But John Mara handles most of the football operation on a routine basis. If Tisch wants to sit in on some of it I am sure he can and does.

Comment

Then why is he having his own private interview ?

Comment

I didn't say he didn't have influence. He owns 50% of the team. But John Mara handles most of the football operation on a routine basis. If Tisch wants to sit in on some of it I am sure he can and does.
                    Then I guess he does factor into the operations.

Comment

no matter how many times we type this here it never seems to sink in

John Mara handles the football operations

Steve Tisch is a finance and marketing guy... an entertainment guy

can Steve sit in and give his opinion on football operations ?... absolutely ... he owns half of the team

just as I'm sure John can sit in on marketing meetings and give his two cents if he wanted to

but ultimately John handles the football operations and Steve stays out of it ... just how it works and it is a dynamic that they feel works and that they enjoy

when choosing a HC of course Steve wants to be involved in that ... and of course his opinion matters ... but this is a John Mara, Dave Gettleman, Kevin Abrams decision

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                        no matter how many times we type this here it never seems to sink in

John Mara handles the football operations

Steve Tisch is a finance and marketing guy... an entertainment guy

can Steve sit in and give his opinion on football operations ?... absolutely ... he owns half of the team

just as I'm sure John can sit in on marketing meetings and give his two cents if he wanted to

but ultimately John handles the football operations and Steve stays out of it ... just how it works and it is a dynamic that they feel works and that they enjoy

when choosing a HC of course Steve wants to be involved in that ... and of course his opinion matters ... but this is a John Mara, Dave Gettleman, Kevin Abrams decision
                        You know better then anyone here. Does Chris have a say in big decision process?
                        The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

You know better then anyone here. Does Chris have a say in big decision process?
                          as far as the HC hire ?

no not really

not his area

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

as far as the HC hire ?

no not really

not his area

Why wouldn't he be? He is part of the ownership. Do the Mara's give John all the families ownership rights in the running of the team? I am just curious on the dynamic on how the Maras operate.
                            The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Why wouldn't he be? He is part of the ownership. Do the Mara's give John all the families ownership rights in the running of the team? I am just curious on the dynamic on how the Maras operate.
                              This is why I have felt not all the involved parties were on the same page w/ the TC firing, the BM hiring, some draft picks, and of course the Eli, Geno, Webb debacle.

Comment

Working...
                              X