Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3755846

The buzz around Gilette Stadium was that the Giants wanted Patricia and Patricia wanted the Giants ... hours later it is reported that he is going to the Lions.

Just supports my belief that these media guys just make **** up, figuring that there's a 50/50 chance that they are right ....
    I am told by a very trusted source that the Giants offered Matt Patricia the job and his people have not even responded

he was their number one choice

neither he nor McDaniels are interested in inheriting Eli

ownership and Gettleman have egg on their face right now

thousand bucks says they deny every bit of this when asked about it in a few weeks to try to save face ... and feed us a can of bull**** about how Shurmur was the guy all along

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

I am told by a very trusted source that the Giants offered Matt Patricia the job and his people have not even responded

thousand bucks says they deny every bit of this when asked about it in a few weeks to try to save face ... and feed us a can of bull**** about how Shurmur was the guy all along
      Are they pushing Eli on coaches? wow

Comment

If they are looking at Eli as anything more than a one year bridge to the next QB, this franchise is doomed....

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3757012

disgusting.

what a time of uncertainty we have entered

franchise keeps losing credibility under Mara, just like the man himself said a few years ago

and now shurmur wants keenum to come with him as a,package deal too? Well then Arizona makes sense for him then over us

Comment

Wow that makes me feel even worse.

can't even get a call back from a coordinator with no HC experience lmfao

this franchise isn't viewed as it once was and I'm sorry but if Eli manning is impeding the process of us getting the right guy in here he needs to go he can't stand in the way of the future anymore

and who says they can even get shurmur at this point they might have to pick from scrub candidates now that they already ruled out

idk why this is pissing me off as much as it is
            Last edited by AK_91207; 01-15-2018, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Whether you want the job or not, seems like a **** move not to even respond, no?

Comment

This is all incredible to me, mainly that potential HC candidates see Eli as the plague!
                I don't understand this if the potential HC's are being told that Eli would be a bridge for 1 year, while they draft a QB with the #2 pick.

To TCHOF's point, I can certainly see an issue with potential HC's if they are being told that Eli is more than a one year bridge.

Maybe I'm in the extreme minority that thinks Eli can still play. Well....there's obviously more to it in that a new HC wants many things new.
                Last edited by Stoneroses6300; 01-15-2018, 08:43 AM.
                Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

I don’t understand why Eli is such a deal breaker?

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Again, people here need to stop reading these things and thinking that are FACTS!

Comment

[QUOTE=YATittle1962;n3060444]

How could it be reported that Patricia has chosen Detroit, when it’s against league rules to make or accept any offer of a job with another team, when the candidate’s current employer (team) is still playing??
                      With all due respect to your “trusted source”........I think it’s all bull****!
                      Theres no way Patricia could have told anyone he accepted the Detroit job, because he’d be in violation of league rules.
                      I would think a rocket scientist would be smarter than that!!
                      He was allowed to interview for the job, but he can’t listen to any offer, until the Patriots’ season is over.
                      Last edited by bigblue58; 01-15-2018, 10:16 AM.
                      "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigblue58;n3060568]

How could it be reported that Patricia has chosen Detroit, when it’s against league rules to make or accept any offer of a job with another team, when the candidate’s current employer (team) is still playing??
                        With all due respect to your “trusted source”........I think it’s all bull****!
                        Theres no way Patricia could have told anyone he accepted the Detroit job, because he’d be in violation of league rules.
                        I would think a rocket scientist would be smarter than that!!
                        He was allowed to interview for the job, but he can’t listen to any offer, until the Patriots’ season is over.
                        I dont think you understand how these things typically work

Comment

Originally posted by AK_91207 View Post
                          http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3757012

disgusting.

what a time of uncertainty we have entered

franchise keeps losing credibility under Mara, just like the man himself said a few years ago

and now shurmur wants keenum to come with him as a,package deal too? Well then Arizona makes sense for him then over us
                          There's really not much that you can dispute in that article. Fans here need to wake up and realize that this franchise is not all that nowadays and is CURRENTLY even worse than the Detroit Lions. I just knew that Mara was going to botch this entire process. Once the new Browns flaked out on the giants scheduled interview for the Browns, I knew that we were ****ed.
                          If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Thanks for the intel, YA. If people don't realize that the Eli situation is impacting this coaching search, they are delusional. It is the most important position on the field. How could it not?
                            If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Thanks for the intel, YA. If people don't realize that the Eli situation is impacting this coaching search, they are delusional. It is the most important position on the field. How could it not?
                              The Giants have gone to one of the most desirable positions to just another organization. They're losing candidate to the Titans and Lions for god sakes.

Dear Mr Mara, mixing emotion with business is rarely a recipe of success.

This makes me really doubt we're taking a QB high in this draft.

Comment

[QUOTE=CGYgiant;n3060593]
                                Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

I dont think you understand how these things typically work
                                What.l...you’re talking about back channel agreements?

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

Comment

Working...
                                X