If the Giants hire Shurmur, Spags must be cut out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Giants hire Shurmur, Spags must be cut out

I like Spags as a man but nobody from last year can remain. This is a purge. Spags and Shurmur have major history. I hate for the Giants to put any conditions on who a HC picks for his staff but I feel like they would almost have to in this case. That is, they would have to say Spagnuolo canít be brought back as DC.

its a tough thing because the 2016 defence was unbelievably good...but 2017 was so awful and I think you need a clean break from anyone who had anything to do with it.

now if Spags were to be here next year and the D plays well...it would just show how poisonous and destructive McAdoos leadership was to this franchise
    Last edited by TE88; 01-15-2018, 01:23 PM.

I'm not totally against Spags coaching the defense because of one Major issue..

The offense could not stay on the field longer than 3 snaps at a time. There were games where the defense played good, then imploded after the half. I think the problems was that our offense would not give them a break...

I bet if you lift a 10 pound weight for 3 reps, you'll look like superman. Now try and lift that same 10 pound weight for 90 reps with an occasional 2 minute break.....

Defense did all the heavy lifting...
    Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
      I'm not totally against Spags coaching the defense because of one Major issue..

The offense could not stay on the field longer than 3 snaps at a time. There were games where the defense played good, then imploded after the half. I think the problems was that our offense would not give them a break...

I bet if you lift a 10 pound weight for 3 reps, you'll look like superman. Now try and lift that same 10 pound weight for 90 reps with an occasional 2 minute break.....

Defense did all the heavy lifting...
      It was the same in 2016. But in that year the D played best in the NFL top to bottom. For there to be no leadership and a total implosion on D when a lot of guys were healthy is pretty much inexcusable. The D played way beneath themselves I. 2017.

but yes, they were the worst supported D in the NFL for he last two years

Comment

Shurmur was the OC with Spags as coach of the rams. Shurmur might bring Spags back without ownership telling him.

Comment

I doubt any new HC would bring back the DC of the second worst defense in the NFL.
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            I doubt any new HC would bring back the DC of the second worst defense in the NFL.
            Look at the history of Shurmur and Spags. Shurmur was Spags OC in St Louis. Shurmur and Spags worked together in Philly.

he had the best D in the NFL in 2016 and many will point to McAdoo as the demon which has now been exorcized. I donít think itís far fetched at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
              Shurmur was the OC with Spags as coach of the rams. Shurmur might bring Spags back without ownership telling him.
              I am saying ownership needs to tell him he isnít allowed to hire Spags if he is the HC pick.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

I am saying ownership needs to tell him he isnít allowed to hire Spags if he is the HC pick.
                Ah OK can't believe I missed that it was right there.

Idk, Spags is a great peoples person and the players like to play for him, but when when we first got him, his whole thing was to rotate dlinemen and bring pressure. He hasnt been able to rotate or bring pressure the last 2 years.

I agree it's also personnel, JPP and OV were injured but he also had them alot of snaps.
                ​​​​​​
                ​​

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Ah OK can't believe I missed that it was right there.

Idk, Spags is a great peoples person and the players like to play for him, but when when we first got him, his whole thing was to rotate dlinemen and bring pressure. He hasnt been able to rotate or bring pressure the last 2 years.

I agree it's also personnel, JPP and OV were injured but he also had them alot of snaps.
                  ​​​​​​
                  ​​
                  I fully agree and have been posting recently about how it seems like the lack of rotation is hurting players like JPP and Vernon. JPP in particular - I think the only way they are going to get some of their moneyís worth from his contract is if they change up how he is used.

With spags itís tough. I just donít think you can have any holdovers from last year. The message from top to bottom in the org needs to be ďnew sheriff in townĒ

our D needs an *** kicking

Comment

Does Shurmur seem like a head coach to anyone? I'm afraid he's not what we need to turn around the sham from last year. Seems to not be a true HC type personality like Mac was. Not like what we need, so I'm bummed out about this risk. Does anyone else feel the same about this? Not exactly sure how his bond is with players.
                    Last edited by TrueBlue15; 01-15-2018, 02:48 PM. Reason: Update quote

Comment

Have to let the HC choose his staff. I do not want an owner )especially Mara) dictating who should or shouldn't be on the HC's staff.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post
                        Does Shurmur seem like a head coach to anyone? I'm afraid he's not what we need to turn around the sham from last year. Not a true HC type personality like Mac was. Not like what we need, so I'm bummed out about this risk. Does anyone else feel the same about this? Not exactly sure how his bond is with players.
                        "Not a true HC type personality like Mac was"?

That is a good thing ....

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          Have to let the HC choose his staff. I do not want an owner )especially Mara) dictating who should or shouldn't be on the HC's staff.
                          I know. Itís a rock and hard place situation.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

"Not a true HC type personality like Mac was"?

That is a good thing ....
                            haha I mean to say they both didn't seem to have that true HC leadership type. Maybe Shurmur does, I sure hope he would.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              And the worst defense two years ago.
                              “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X