X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Uh Oh TE88 is not gonna like this..

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...iants-defense/
    The fact that there is any chance that we would hire maybe the worst DC in NFL history is about as unsettling as anything I can imagine.

I promise there has never been a DC who has had the worst defense in NFL history for one team....got fired immediately after one season...then magically get hired by another team, only to coach the worst defense in that team's history....THEN magically keep his job with a coaching change, then a year later coach the 31st ranked defense in the league....THEN survive another coaching change.

It would demonstrate a level of incompetence that no team, including the modern day Cleveland Browns,.. have ever shown.

So if we want to make history..............

Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Ah OK can't believe I missed that it was right there.

Idk, Spags is a great peoples person and the players like to play for him, but when when we first got him, his whole thing was to rotate dlinemen and bring pressure. He hasnt been able to rotate or bring pressure the last 2 years.

I agree it's also personnel, JPP and OV were injured but he also had them alot of snaps.
      ​​​​​​
      ​​
      They were awful with all the starters on defense but even worse than that you said they liked to play for him and with all the suspensions and other B.S. that is a clear sign of having no respect for Spags and the rest of the coaching staff. If you look at Spags whole track record it's very bad it's time to try something else. Note: I like Spags but this group needs a strong DC that doesn't take B.S.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

They were awful with all the starters on defense but even worse than that you said they liked to play for him and with all the suspensions and other B.S. that is a clear sign of having no respect for Spags and the rest of the coaching staff. If you look at Spags whole track record it's very bad it's time to try something else. Note: I like Spags but this group needs a strong DC that doesn't take B.S.
        And think about it...even in 2016 when our defense was good...we were easily the healthiest defense in the NFL. Even then...they managed to get torched in the playoffs when it mattered.

Spagnuolo seems like a good guy, but he's a terrible DC. He's probably still a good DB coach though. I guess that's what he should do.
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It would demonstrate a level of incompetence that no team, including the modern day Cleveland Browns,.. have ever shown.

Speaking of the Browns, I read that McAdoo is interviewing with them for OC.

Comment

And think about it...even in 2016 when our defense was good...we were easily the healthiest defense in the NFL. Even then...they managed to get torched in the playoffs when it mattered.

Spagnuolo seems like a good guy, but he's a terrible DC. He's probably still a good DB coach though. I guess that's what he should do.
            I think the Defense just blows him off when he talks to them. They need a real DC who isn't going to take B.S. from them.

Comment

We can debate Spags performance all we want. The main thing is you donít hire from a losing situation. They did this with McAdoo and we all know how that turned out. I think McAdoo was the big problem but a clean break from last season is badly needed.

But the Giants are unlikely to dictate to Shurmur who he can and can not hire for his staff. So I guess we will wait and see if they do what they did to TC and make him fire his coordinators when they donít perform well. It could be Hufnagel, Lewis, Sheridan, Gilbride all over again. This franchise seems to chew up coordinators.

My big problem with Spags is how he has been using the DL. We need rotation. JPP canít be out there 95% of snaps. I would prefer a fresh set of eyes on the defensive roster.

Comment

Carr: In New York, and from what I see in Jacksonville this season, Coughlin's teams run very simple schemes on offense and defense. When Steve Spagnuolo was the Giants' defensive coordinator in 2007 and '08, he'd always want to do these elaborate defenses, and Coughlin immediately shut those down. It sounds crazy, but Coughlin wanted the opposing offense to know the scheme -- even Tom Brady. Coughlin was confident that his players could win with physicality and discipline, no matter who was on the other side -- and it often worked. There are a ton of coaches who try to outsmart Belichick and Brady, but Coughlin's not one of them. The Coughlin-led Giants didn't do that, and I don't see the Jaguars trying to do that this weekend, either. The goal is to beat them with physicality.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...hick-explained

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

I blame the lack of effort on McDoofus and his sloppy suspensions.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

And the worst defense two years ago.
                    True, also who's to say Shurmer wont bring along his Def. coordinator George Edwards?

Comment

right, it was going great, until DRC went down, and the D fell apart. One guy goes down and done, over...Shouldn't be that way...

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Lol I am fully expecting it to happen. I just donít think it represents what was needed for this franchise but if he can recapture any of what he did in 2016 then I will be happy as a pig in ****
                        I hope he asks John Fox to see if heís interested.

Comment

He may not be. Shurmur may retain him as his DC.
                          There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post
                            Does Shurmur seem like a head coach to anyone? I'm afraid he's not what we need to turn around the sham from last year. Seems to not be a true HC type personality like Mac was. Not like what we need, so I'm bummed out about this risk. Does anyone else feel the same about this? Not exactly sure how his bond is with players.
                            Personally speaking, I think that the entire selection of candidates sucked!
                            Not a single one of them being the hard nosed HC this team needs.
                            Just more mollycoddlers and milquetoasts!
                            Iím just disgusted with the whole ****ing charade.
                            The prospect of watching another mope on the sideline with a befuddled look on his face and no emotion makes me want to hurl!!!
                            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Working...
                            X