Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Shurmur Choose Arizona over the Giants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Shurmur Choose Arizona over the Giants?

Arizona's QB situation is a mess. I know that he reportedly wants to bring Case Keenum with him, but that is by no means a sure thing. What if some other team steps up to pay him a boatload of money? Would be strange to base a decision on your coaching future entirely upon the assumption that Keenum will be your QB ....

Michael LombardiþVerified account @mlombardiNFL 2h2 hours ago Follow Follow @mlombardiNFL

The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the Giants' head-coaching job vacancy has been narrowed to Vikings OC Pat Shurmur and Patriots OC Josh McDaniels. If this is true, then Pat Shurmur the next Giants head coach

Comment

I think a lot will depend on what direction the Giants front office is going in during these coaching interviews. The 2nd overall pick must be somewhat of a consideration in regards to whether we plan on seriously thinking about a rookie quarterback or not. You know Arizona will either entertain drafting a rookie or entertain bringing in Keenum. It could also depend on a perceived amount of stability between the two franchises. Shurmur got absolutely railroaded in Cleveland. He may be wiser in choosing his destination. Neither franchise gives off the Cleveland stink, but even more of a whiff from one organization over the other could sway him. Personally I don't really care if he comes to NYG. I'd consider him a pretty mediocre hire as a head coach. Not the worst by any means, but not a very inspired hiring.

Comment

this kind of makes sense being that we are most likely drafting a QB at #2 why not an offensive coach seems logical.

Comment

How about neither, and the Giants become the first ever “player coached” NFL team?
          What was once some long awaited reason to be hopeful again as a Giants fan, has suddenly become a case of them picking whatever schlub is left who actually wants the ****ing job!
          I don’t think McDaniel is really leaving his gig in NE anyway. He has too good a thing going there.
          Last edited by bigblue58; 01-15-2018, 12:28 PM.
          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

yes. He will be able to bring Case Keenum with him. They also have David Johnson, a good defense, a good oline, and owners that lets football guys make football decisions.
            If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              yes. He will be able to bring Case Keenum with him. They also have David Johnson, a good defense, a good oline, and owners that lets football guys make football decisions.
              How do you know he can bring Case Keenum with him? More importantly, how does he know that?

Comment

I say we shouldn't have a head coach. Let's let the fans decide who plays like they did this year.
                Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  I say we shouldn't have a head coach. Let's let the fans decide who plays like they did this year.
                  since they use the surface pro tablets on the side lines, we could call plays via message board poll. Highest voting play gets called in. I think it could work!!!

Comment

IT WILL WORK!!!!!
                    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I like the idea of fans picking plays.
                      Well ......the first play I’m messaging is a first down flea flicker....very first play on Offense!
                      I’m gonna see a damn flea flicker run by the Giants again if it’s the last thing I do!!
                      If it doesn’t work, then I’m calling for a fake punt!
                      On Defense....all out blitzes the entire game.
                      Last edited by bigblue58; 01-15-2018, 01:15 PM.
                      "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                        How about neither, and the Giants become the first ever “player coached” NFL team?
                        What was once some long awaited reason to be hopeful again as a Giants fan, has suddenly become a case of them picking whatever schlub is left who actually wants the ****ing job!
                        I don’t think McDaniel is really leaving his gig in NE anyway. He has too good a thing going there.
                        McDaniel's and Shurmur are not schlub's they are top coaching candidates.

Comment

How can a coach bring a player from a team to a different team? Let's use the Vikings for example.

Can someone honestly explain to me how this works? The Vikings are just going to give up their QB and let him walk away with there coach? They do have Bridgewater but I don't see how this works?

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post
                            How can a coach bring a player from a team to a different team? Let's use the Vikings for example.

Can someone honestly explain to me how this works? The Vikings are just going to give up their QB and let him walk away with there coach? They do have Bridgewater but I don't see how this will work
                            because Shurmur Is really close with Case they are friends.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              Michael LombardiþVerified account @mlombardiNFL 2h2 hours ago Follow Follow @mlombardiNFL

The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the Giants' head-coaching job vacancy has been narrowed to Vikings OC Pat Shurmur and Patriots OC Josh McDaniels. If this is true, then Pat Shurmur the next Giants head coach
                              Any report that has McDaniels in the mix is suspect. He isn’t a candidate here

Comment

Working...
                              X