Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Vikings OC Pat Shurmur bring QB Case Keenum to the Giants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Vikings OC Pat Shurmur bring QB Case Keenum to the Giants?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "The Giants have reportedly hired Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur as head coach. Could Vikings quarterback Case Keenumsoon follow?

ESPN, citing league sources, reported last week that "if Shurmur ends up being hired by a quarterback-needy team that he has interviewed with - Arizona and the Giants stand out -- he could bring Vikings free-agent-quarterback-to-be Case Keenum with him."

Just how quarterback-needy the Giants are at the moment is debatable. But there are enough complications on both ends to make it difficult to envision Keenum being part of the Giants' future.

The Giants have 37-year-old Eli Manning under contract for two more seasons, 2017 third-round pick Davis Webb under contract for three more seasons and the No. 2 overall pick in a draft with multiple high-level quarterback prospects. It's hard to see how Keenum, who is due for a huge payday after a breakout season, would fit into the Giants' plans.

If Shurmur, who has earned a reputation as a quarterback guru, wants to build around a young signal-caller, he'll have the opportunity to get a top prospect in the draft. The last time Shurmur worked with a top quarterback prospect was in 2010 when he was the Rams' offensive coordinator and he guided No. 1 pick Sam Bradford to the Rookie of the Year award." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Doubtful. He would need to bring Theilen and Diggs with him.

I expect Eli to finish out his contract and a QB to be drafted and groomed under Shurmur's tutelage.

Comment

I would like to exchange my half full glass for a half empty one!!!
      "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
        Doubtful. He would need to bring Theilen and Diggs with him.

I expect Eli to finish out his contract and a QB to be drafted and groomed under Shurmur's tutelage.

Keenum isn’t that good, it was all wide receivers. The wrs were practically turned around and waiting for the ball on timing routes lol. He doesn’t have any velocity, in order to get distance he really had to put air under it. He’s going to have a hard time throwing in the wind.

Comment

What type of system does Shurmur run?

Comment

Originally posted by offingmoot View Post
            What type of system does Shurmur run?
            He has adapted to many systems. He originated with Andy Reid but has done it all. I think the Giants want to see a run offence with lots of play action but who knows

Comment

What are some possible OC candidates?

Comment

Working...
              X