Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody wanted the Giants Job because....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    Who gives a **** if 2 unproven coaches don't want to cosch our team? What has Patricia done as a HC to deserve coaching a top 3 NFL storied franchise?

McDaniels is a toolbag that wanted Tebow. He failed as a HC. So please stop this BS that people don't want to coach here. It also has to do with standards. The standards and responsibility are light years higher in NY then Detroit and the Colts combined.

You don't think that has anything to do sith it? Maybe they are scared of the responsibility of running NY franchise. You can fail in Detroit and nobody gives a ****. Fail in NY and your *** gonna be getting pounder by the media and fans.

OP makes no sense and is babbling stupid, typically.
    That being said.....I think the Giants head coaching job has lost it's luster.
    It's been to much of a soap opera here....Ending with a fan revolt and ownership allowing the fans to pick the starting QB.

Not sure it's the kind of environment some potential HC's want to walk into if they have other NFL offers.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It's been to much of a soap opera here....Ending with a fan revolt and ownership allowing the fans to pick the starting QB.

Not sure it's the kind of environment some potential HC's want to walk into if they have other NFL offers.
      Yes, timid coaches that don't have the balls to take over a top flight nfl franchise with a high amounts of pressure. 3 bad yrs doesn't magically turn our franchise into the Browns of the nfl.

We are being denied by coordinators, not top flight nfl coaches with experience. I'm sorry but I don't give a rats *** about unproven coaches and their preferred team to coach. Coordinators typically go to lower lvl teams to gain the experience.

Not to mention, name 1 belichick assistant that has done squat as a HC. Belichick is the genius in that franchise. Not brady. Not patricia, not McDaniels and not kraft. The glue is bill and bill alone.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post
        LOL.......Nobody want the Giants Job because they didn't want Eli as the Quarterback!
        Patricia preferred going to Detroit with Stafford and McDaniels would rather go to Indianapolis with Luck or Brissett ....LMFAO
        But Eli your still Greaaaat!
        You have no clue why these coaches chose other teams, so stop with the ďthey didnít want to inherit EliĒ crap, because itís idiotic!
        Some people donít want the NY magnifying glass scrutiny
        It could have been familiarity with the personnel on another team.
        It could turn out to be bs and no interviewee has even made a final decision yet.
        Find another subject, if you know anything other than anti Eli garbage, which has gotten really old!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Or maybe it had to do with players quitting, team mates fighting each other, players throwing each other under the bus, Mara having too much say. The Giants have been a circus this year. What sane coach would want to step into that?
          this makes more sense than some of the opinions flying around this board lately....these top coaches already make millions so money may not be the deciding factor and the right place is more important...

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

Watch all the sports shows they were talking about it. Boomer and Gio CBS sports.
            Former players canít even predict the winner of a playoff game...and they played the game!!!
            They donít know why or even IF anyone has turned down or accepted any job yet because the top Giants candidates are all still playing and no offer can be made or accepted until their seasons are over.

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Do you actually believe this?

Comment

Give me a break. And what players said "not good Eli??" It's all conjecture and since it can't be disproven Eli haters will use it as a reason. If Eli can't play anymore the new coach has Webb and the 2nd overall pick to work with. A younger Stafford and Luck are more enticing at this point, but that doesn't mean coaches don't want to work with The Giants because of Eli. Maybe the way TC was sent away or how Gettleman left Carolina plays a role. Who knows.

And remember, the Dolphins picked Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees. If up and coming coaches pass on us it doesn't mean a thing.

Comment

I agree that the owners have definitely tainted the franchise with some of their decisions lately and it will be up to them to get the image straightened out...

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Do you actually believe this?
                    I do...

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

I do...
                      Why?

It wasn't the Giants fan base..it was virtually every analyst, pundit, ex-player and player that though the "plan" for Eli to play half and then sit, regardless of the game situation, was ridiculous, made worse by playing Geno, a man who has no future with the Giants.

But when Eli was put back in, those same analyst, pundits, ex-players and current players and the Giants fan base at large wondered why Webb wasn't getting in.

Maybe it had less to do with Eli and more to do with sound decisions?

Comment

Did you stop to think that maybe, just maybe, Shurmur is the Giants top choice? It certainly was my hope from day one. These endless, ever changing stories are simply speculation.

Comment

Honestly, after we saw what happened this season, its not far fetched. Eli struggled this season, and then moped when he got asked to sit out the 2nd half of games when were were 2-10. McAdoo got promptly fired, and Eli was back as our full time QB. I dont expect any change next year as far as who is the full time QB. Its Eli. And we get to watch more of what we have been seeing for the last 4-5 years.

Comment

3-13
                            11-5
                            6-10
                            6-10
                            7-9

Thats the last 5 years.

3 of which were with Coughlin.

Maybe they see the combo of Eli being the anchor here and how TC was treated by Mara. Who knows.

Comment

Why?

It wasn't the Giants fan base..it was virtually every analyst, pundit, ex-player and player that though the "plan" for Eli to play half and then sit, regardless of the game situation, was ridiculous, made worse by playing Geno, a man who has no future with the Giants.

But when Eli was put back in, those same analyst, pundits, ex-players and current players and the Giants fan base at large wondered why Webb wasn't getting in.

I still think if they sat him for Webb it would have been a very different reaction. Sitting him for Geno just made them look like fools.

Comment

Why?

I didn't see any sound decisions made in any of that fiasco, those were all dartboard decisions..

Comment

Working...
                                X