Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody wanted the Giants Job because....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post
    Did you get sand in your vag? Itís ok to disagree with what they said. They were talking on NFL live and they said these were the reasons why they ďthinkĒ they were not interested. Iím sure Lewis Riddick and Bill Polian might have talk to someone familiar to both parties. You can be mad about them not taking the job but you canít deny that most HC donít want a ďdecliningĒ to put it nicely Eli as the QB. Polian even said I would keep him for a year only if I fix the OL and draft Barkley so you can hand it over to Webb if the Giants think heís the future after next season.
    See if we didn't have the 2nd overall pick to draft a QB id still disagree with you. A new coach can draft a QB, ride out Eli and not be expected to win until the wheels are well off of our new QB. That's an opportunity not many with brains will pass up. With what just happened they cant even botch up Eli's exit unless they win another Superbowl next year. Who wouldn't want that?

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Do you actually believe this?
      So the coach announces that Geno is the starter...The fans went crazy. 6 days later the coach and GM are fired (first time in the almost 100 yer history of the team in mid season)...and Eli is back as the starter.

Of course John Mara said that the fan revolt had nothing to do with it. There's something about some swampland in Florida for sale........
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Seems funny to me that the Eli bashers are now blaming him for coaches going elsewhere. I guess they will blame him next for the Vernon and JPP contracts. Then itís his fault that Eli Apple is an *******. Letís see what else you clowns can come up with.
        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
          Seems funny to me that the Eli bashers are now blaming him for coaches going elsewhere. I guess they will blame him next for the Vernon and JPP contracts. Then itís his fault that Eli Apple is an *******. Letís see what else you clowns can come up with.
          it is actually happening

I was told by someone inside the organization that McDaniels was not interested in inheriting Eli and that was part of why he did not want the position

this is not something people on the message board are making up

an ex GM in the league told me months ago that this would happen

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
            it is actually happening

I was told by someone inside the organization that McDaniels was not interested in inheriting Eli and that was part of why he did not want the position

That being the case why didnít they just release Eli?
            Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

it is actually happening

YA sometimes people donít want to hear the truth. Eliís blind flock for example are the types that you can tell them hey your girlfriend is cheating on you I saw her with someone else and they say no it wasnít her it might have looked like her but it wasnít ok so drop it....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

So the coach announces that Geno is the starter...The fans went crazy. 6 days later the coach and GM are fired (first time in the almost 100 yer history of the team in mid season)...and Eli is back as the starter.

Of course John Mara said that the fan revolt had nothing to do with it. There's something about some swampland in Florida for sale........
                Yes prior to him benching Eli , all was great for Mac and there was zero talk at all of him being fired! Especially on these boards ! Everyone loved him

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post
                  LOL.......Nobody want the Giants Job because they didn't want Eli as the Quarterback!
                  Patricia preferred going to Detroit with Stafford and McDaniels would rather go to Indianapolis with Luck or Brissett ....LMFAO
                  But Eli your still Greaaaat!
                  Your anti Eli posts are tiresome and obnoxious . When people call you out and question your stupidity then you get all mouthy . Just give it a rest and get back to wearing your Wentz jersey . Yes McDaniels chooses to only work with QBs who are convicted cheaters and who have epic temper tantrums and curse him off on the sidelines in front of millions of people to see. His character judgment is clearly flawless and he would hate having a guy like Eli. These coaches are avoiding this circus of a team and organization right now . Eli is the least of their concerns.

Comment

it is actually happening

I'm not surprised one bit either. The reality of the situation is that Eli is a drawback, meaning that there's nothing anyone can do except for inherit him as part of the deal.
                    If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mj312 View Post

Yes prior to him benching Eli , all was great for Mac and there was zero talk at all of him being fired! Especially on these boards ! Everyone loved him
                      Let's examine the timing. Before Eli was "benched", John Mara said publicly that no decision would be made until after the season. Right after the decision, Mara announced to anything could happen before the season's end.

These are facts. You think the Eli decision didn't get those two guys fired immediately? That's your right.

Comment

Let's examine the timing. Before Eli was "benched", John Mara said publicly that no decision would be made until after the season. Right after the decision, Mara announced to anything could happen before the season's end.

These are facts. You think the Eli decision didn't get those two guys fired immediately? That's your right.
                        Eliís blind flock of sheep feign ignorance that Eli had nothing to do with the firings or another QB being able to even get snaps. If you think Eli was ok with someone getting snaps your a fool heís a competitor and he wants that money.

Comment

This is not specifically an Eli thing but just the nature of these coaching jobs. These owners are canning guys after 2 seasons and if you are getting perhaps your last chance to show you can be a HC doesn't it make sense you would rather start with Stafford or Luck as a base? Now if YA (not me the mod) is correct in his assumption that management is forcing Eli on the new HC that is a different narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by yatitle View Post
                            This is not specifically an Eli thing but just the nature of these coaching jobs. These owners are canning guys after 2 seasons and if you are getting perhaps your last chance to show you can be a HC doesn't it make sense you would rather start with Stafford or Luck as a base? Now if YA (not me the mod) is correct in his assumption that management is forcing Eli on the new HC that is a different narrative.
                            What do you think management is doing ? John Mara ďI want Eli Manning to be the QuarterbackĒ basically forcing him on us no matter how bad heís played over the past few seasons. 2011 Eli is long gone and itís hard for some people to let go. I understand I have lived through Dave Brown, Danny Kanell, and Kent Graham. But itís time to find someone to l ad us for the next 10-15 years.

Comment

Not saying that it didnít .. I think the final straw was the way he went about the benching and then how arrogant and abrasive he was about it claiming that everyone was on the same page. There was clearly a disconnect somewhere. Iím simply saying Mac was on his way out way before the benching. After that fiasco it was imminent

Comment

Originally posted by Mj312 View Post

Not saying that it didnít .. I think the final straw was the way he went about the benching and then how arrogant and abrasive he was about it claiming that everyone was on the same page. There was clearly a disconnect somewhere. Iím simply saying Mac was on his way out way before the benching. After that fiasco it was imminent
                                I strongly believe it was the fan reaction. John Mara had to placate the fans and do it immediately.
                                He denies it of course but that is bull ****. The Giants were in crisis mode and they let the fans dictate their decisions.

You can disagree of course but I promise you, prospective coaches have seen the same things we have. It seems logical to me that it would influence their decision making.

Having said that it was clear that Ben was going to get fired. The decision to do it mid season, which has never happened in our franchise history, was made due to fan pressure.

Comment

Working...
                                X